Genisys Rom 2.0 & Genisys Theme 2.0 [H850] [v20a N OS] [01.Dec.2016]

steebo

Oct 8, 2017
Hi, I have been trying to flash my G5 H850 rooted with the Genisys rom, however, It just keeps booting into twrp. Here is what i have done, format data then install, boots back to twrp, wipe dalvik/art cache, cache system and data, install, it returns to twrp, is there a step i might be missing, doing wrong?
Thanks

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
I was thinking of downgrading to MM because i heard that some have got v4a to work with the hifi module. Could anyone confirm if this is true on this Genysis mm rom?

Trudi

Jan 2, 2009
Lausanne
v4a is also in Fulmics, and it is up to date. By downgrading to MM you expose yourself to dozens of security breaches. And Genisys was quite buggy and laggy, though.

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
v4a is also in Fulmics, and it is up to date. By downgrading to MM you expose yourself to dozens of security breaches. And Genisys was quite buggy and laggy, though.
Yes I know that thanks but v4a does not work or I can not get it to work with the hi-fi module on N. I have read one post where a guy got it to work but that was a 2016 post so he must have been on MM. I just want to see if I can get it to work in the first place because then I might be able to at least understand why it won't work on N and also I want to at least experience what effect it has on sound quality with the module.

Anyway I tried to downgrade but Genisys rom would not boot and then I couldn't restore my N rom. I had to do the undo the encryption thing which was a pain. Would anyone know what I did wrong as Id like to try again.

Trudi

Jan 2, 2009
Lausanne
Did you flash the MM bootloader and modem before flashing the ROM ? I think the most failsave way would be to install a stock MM ROM, then unlock the bootloader, install TWRP and then install this ROM.

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
Did you flash the MM bootloader and modem before flashing the ROM ? I think the most failsave way would be to install a stock MM ROM, then unlock the bootloader, install TWRP and then install this ROM.
No because I though it was included in the flash file. If I have to do finding stock roms I don't think I'll bother as it's too much trouble : )