Question Genuine Question for the Pixel 6 diehards

Search This thread

ageilmelo

May 21, 2022
With all of the problems that the Pixel 6 / 6Pro have encountered in its 6 month existence, how can you still say that this is a great phone??
Set aside the “mY pHoNe iS wOrKiNg FiNe” BS for just a minute, and acknowledge that there are thousands of others not as fortunate. Google has literally admitted that many are experiencing connectivity issues, and that they may fix it in the June update…. How is this acceptable to you, as a Pixel supporter?
The main purpose of a phone is communication, right? Connectivity issues prevents communication, right?
Let’s use a car comparison; a car’s main purpose is to drive, right?? What if Ford released a car 6 months ago, and for thousands of customers, this new car just…won’t drive sometimes? You can’t quite explain why; it turns on fine…but sometimes, it just won’t move. Ford said said that if you come by their shop in June, they should be able to figure out why it stops driving sometimes. In the meantime, just sit tight in your car…or take an uber if you need to get somewhere.
Ford would be facing bankruptcy and millions of lawsuits (from customers, and from dealerships) if this happened. So why does Google get a pass for essentially making a car that doesn’t drive all the time?
Google has made incredible phones. It’s okay to admit that this one time, they created a terrible phone that will be forgotten about when the 7 comes out.

Jme369

Apr 1, 2013
It's just a phone, who cares if it's 'forgotten about', I don't fret over whether my taps are forgotten about or my towels are forgotten about (yes I'm typing this while taking a dump). Mine works fine, too bad if yours doesnt- return it. People shouldn't be trying to find deeper personal meaning in their possessions. Look up commodity fetishism.

My phone bought a week back has been working flawlessly, stable and force close free.

Perhaps the first batches of the phones are the ones that are giving issues.

Same goes for my previous phone the P2 XL I waiting to almost a year later to buy it and had zero issues with the device.

The P6 is a pleasure to use and I feel sorry for anyone that is encountering serious problems since I don't see any of the problems myself.

Definitely look into RMA or return the device within the time frame after purchasing.

The only downside is the fingerprint reader of course, I miss the one from my P2 XL.

Reactions: Nemosfate

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
My phone bought a week back has been working flawlessly, stable and force close free.

Same goes for my previous phone the P2 XL I waiting to almost a year later to buy it and had zero issues with the device.

The P6 is a pleasure to use and I feel sorry for anyone that is encountering serious problems since I don't see any of the problems myself.

Definitely look into RMA or return the device within the time frame after purchasing.

The only downside is the fingerprint reader of course, I miss the one from my P2 XL.
Some really good reports coming out on A13 beta 2 FPR. I can't install a beta now but hopefully this will either roll out to us soon or give us a very stable beta 3 to install. I'm very disappointed with the FPR even though it works most of the time now. After a shower forget about it. However, on the positive side my hands are very supple now but my wife wants to know why I have moisturizer with me at all times.

Now let's get back to the OP and the comparison of a $40,000 automobile with a $600 phone. One can travel at 150 Km/hr and get you a misdemeanor in jail for doing that. The other will take a picture of you behind bars. One you can get into the backseat of and make love. The other you can take a selfie with... hmm. ok not a great comparison. Ok, here's one. A car can take you to a store to get a replacement but you can't take a phone to get you a new car. But then again there's Uber.. hmm.. Silliness aside, how can anyone compare an automobile to a phone and try to equivocate the two? Oh well, Saturday entertainment I guess.

nutzfreelance

Mar 6, 2022
i am not a diehard other then for android, most of the issues the pixel 6 has are from software and not hardware ( other then just lemon devices). its nice to have a lot of features, but how about google fix the issues your users have before you push new features and new systems?
it would be better if android had a two year cycle with less system changes. more fixes and more software plugins for OS features that users can choose or deny.

i have 3 google devices and the pixel 6 is the most buggy of the bunch and android 12 has been annoying from the start

nutzcase

Account currently disabled
Jan 22, 2022
CooCoos Nest
i am not a diehard other then for android, most of the issues the pixel 6 has are from software and not hardware ( other then just lemon devices). its nice to have a lot of features, but how about google fix the issues your users have before you push new features and new systems?
it would be better if android had a two year cycle with less system changes. more fixes and more software plugins for OS features that users can choose or deny.

i have 3 google devices and the pixel 6 is the most buggy of the bunch and android 12 has been annoying from the start
You sir are a 100% right that it is a software issue that causes issues.
Not the Android OS, but the apks, mods, Roms, kernels, etc.
There seems to be a habit of people following social media and YouTube videos. And these people will come to XDA for help after they ruin their device.

It is not the Google fault if people do not stick to the basics.

xxxxxx Mod Edit: some content removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

vandyman

Jul 30, 2012
S.Jersey
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
I find it funny that every year when Google releases a new device with a new Operating system. That people will complain it is the worst device ever.

And they will say in the same breath that the previous year was the best device ever.

If do not believe me, look at all past Google devices and see what was said.

The bottom line is when the Pixel 7 is released with Android 13. It will be the worst device ever and the Pixel 6 will be the best ever.

This all sounds like a cry for attention to me.

liggerz87

May 11, 2013
I goty first pixel 6 pro on 25th march got home charged it and did the set up from previous back up somehow the phone boot looped I couldn't fix it that was Saturday got a replacement device on the Tuesday as shop didn't have a replacement and I didn't take the paperwork.

Got replacement phone amdnib had no problems at all with it works as should

a g bell

Mar 23, 2011
blackpool
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
Let's face it though the fingerprint reader is a joke. It shares the same hardware as other devices that work flawlessly. Yes l know some people don't have issues bla bla bla don't waste your time posting that there are enough people that do.
But FP reader aside the biggest problem with the pixel 6 is android 12 is Garbage. Watching some of Google IO yet again there saying the pixel 7 has the best ever battery life 😂sure they said that last year and the year before and the year before and the year before🙄

Reactions: vandyman

vandyman

Jul 30, 2012
S.Jersey
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
Let's face it though the fingerprint reader is a joke. It shares the same hardware as other devices that work flawlessly. Yes l know some people don't have issues bla bla bla don't waste your time posting that there are enough people that do.
But FP reader aside the biggest problem with the pixel 6 is android 12 is Garbage. Watching some of Google IO yet again there saying the pixel 7 has the best ever battery life 😂sure they said that last year and the year before and the year before and the year before🙄
I always liked the P5 finger print reader.

Nidstang

May 15, 2014
Google Pixel 6

The bottom line is when the Pixel 7 is released with Android 13. It will be the worst device ever and the Pixel 6 will be the best ever.

You hit the nail in the head. 100%. Been like this since the early days of the Nexus program.

That said my P6 has been flawless. My wife's too. Same for a friend of ours who has one. Ditto for a guy at work.

The ones with problems always post the most.

manjaroid

Jun 25, 2019
You hit the nail in the head. 100%. Been like this since the early days of the Nexus program.

That said my P6 has been flawless. My wife's too. Same for a friend of ours who has one. Ditto for a guy at work.

The ones with problems always post the most.
Can't say I know my Pixel 6 well enough to love it, but I'm Ok with it. We won't do better for the price, IMO. The fingerprint sensor drives me batshit when it really matters but most times it doesn't matter. Other than that my first Pixel is doing its job well enough. I chalk up any problems to the early adopter tax.

A separate thread has claims that Android 13 improved the fingerprint sensor so that's promising. Maybe A13 improves camera issues too.

Reactions: vandyman

vandyman

Jul 30, 2012
S.Jersey
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
Can't say I know my Pixel 6 well enough to love it, but I'm Ok with it. We won't do better for the price, IMO. The fingerprint sensor drives me batshit when it really matters but most times it doesn't matter. Other than that my first Pixel is doing its job well enough. I chalk up any problems to the early adopter tax.

A separate thread has claims that Android 13 improved the fingerprint sensor so that's promising. Maybe A13 improves camera issues too.
My main reason for the Pixel 6, instead of the pro was the price.
Other manufacturers are at twice the price. Unless you go of the grid and get something like the Blu.

poit

May 10, 2009
Colorado
Google Pixel 6
No matter what kind of device it is, a forum dedicated to that device will be filled with complaints, and it will appear that the device is unreliable, faulty, buggy etc. This has been the case for every phone I've owned, every fitness tracker I've owned, every computer I've owned, even a few cars I've owned. Few people will post just to let you know how great the device is.

My phone is, .....how did you put it..... '“mY pHoNe iS wOrKiNg FiNe”

My P6 is quick, lasts all day, doesn't crash, takes great pictures, does everything it's supposed to, and works pretty good as a phone too. No buyers remorse, no other phone I'd rather have.

joelevi

May 11, 2006
With all of the problems that the Pixel 6 / 6Pro have encountered in its 6 month existence, how can you still say that this is a great phone??

Simple, ~I~ have not encountered these problems, and my phone in my experience has been great.

Set aside the “mY pHoNe iS wOrKiNg FiNe” BS for just a minute, and acknowledge that there are thousands of others not as fortunate.

The fact that "my phone is working fine" is not "BS", it's a matter of fact. Discounting the "thousands of others" who have not had problems illustrates the flaw in your logic.

Google ... may fix it in the June update…. How is this acceptable to you, as a Pixel supporter?

Apple just pushed iOS 15.5, what about all the bugs they fixed in that release? Microsoft just released updates for Windows. My Linux distro just got a hundred updates on my last apt get update | apt get upgrade. How is that acceptable to iPhone, Windows, or Linux users? Simple: Software, by its nature, has bugs. The developer of the software identifies and fixes the bugs, and releases patches. That's literally the software product life cycle.

If the phone doesn't work for you, get another one. Simple. But don't take the negative press as gospel. Media outlets make money from selling ads, but they need traffic to get that money... and to get that traffic they run sensational, polarizing headlines and articles. The more fantastic the claim, the better - for the media outlet.

Headlines like "Bugs affect less than 1% of users" or "90%+ of users haven't reported any problems" aren't going to get clicks, so they don't get written, and all you see are the negatively biased articles.

I used to be in the biz, I wrote oodles of tech articles, so I know first-hand what's going on. Don't get suckered into negativity.

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
@joelevi He already was suckered into negativity, as both his post and subsequent behavior demonstrate.

He was never interested in actual discussion. Responding to him at all will do nothing as he has closed his mind to all attempts to reason with him. The best we can do is what you did: poke holes in his logic and shake our heads sadly at him, letting him wallow in his ignorance. Meanwhile we enjoy our devices.

XNine

Dec 28, 2010
Denver
HTC 10
OnePlus 6
I've had my issues with the device for sure. But I came from an OP9 that was a "flagship" device that had NO OIS, constant issues with Android Auto connectivity, and was just a complete waste of $900 despite my love of Oxygen OS.

I'm on A13 Beta 2 and the fingerprint reader is MUCH more reliable, and about as fast as my GF's Samsung Galaxy 20 FE. Why they haven't rolled the FP fix out from A13 to A12 is ridiculous, I agree, but the Beta has been working exceptionally well for me.

All the other nitpicks I've had with the Pixel 6 came from the Launcher, and the lack of a weather app. I fixed those by installing Ruthless Launcher, and APKs for Oneplus Weather and Oneplus Widgets. That's the great thing about Android. It's customizable, and you can take it upon yourself to find things you like.

Jan 28, 2016
Slatina
It's their first try at the new Tensor chip, it is pretty normal to expect bugs since no other device in history was coded to work on a similar platform. Also, with May update i encounter only minor bugs which don't alter with the phone functionality, maybe i'm a particular case or just Google took action of those bugs.
What do you expect from a 600$ not chinese phone with top tier SoC, camera and build quality?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Not here fingerprint reader still not working with my screen protector which is the same as my 7t which works perfectly which shares the same fingerprint reader hardware as the pixel 6😔
    What other improvements are you seeing in A13 Beta 2?
    Overall, seems to be smoother experience throughout. The Internet quick tile is improved, now when you tap it out brings up both the cellular and WiFi connections to toggle on/off in a small window.
    Honestly given the problems with FPR which can be annoying. Would I buy this phone again.
    Hell yes absolutely. I use maps all day long 8hrs 50% screen on. make 10 phone calls a day and 10-15 photos, I get home with 5-25% usable battery left.
    I find it funny that every year when Google releases a new device with a new Operating system. That people will complain it is the worst device ever.

And they will say in the same breath that the previous year was the best device ever.

This all sounds like a cry for attention to me.

Simple, ~I~ have not encountered these problems, and my phone in my experience has been great.

Set aside the “mY pHoNe iS wOrKiNg FiNe” BS for just a minute, and acknowledge that there are thousands of others not as fortunate.

The fact that "my phone is working fine" is not "BS", it's a matter of fact. Discounting the "thousands of others" who have not had problems illustrates the flaw in your logic.

Google ... may fix it in the June update…. How is this acceptable to you, as a Pixel supporter?

Apple just pushed iOS 15.5, what about all the bugs they fixed in that release? Microsoft just released updates for Windows. My Linux distro just got a hundred updates on my last apt get update | apt get upgrade. How is that acceptable to iPhone, Windows, or Linux users? Simple: Software, by its nature, has bugs. The developer of the software identifies and fixes the bugs, and releases patches. That's literally the software product life cycle.

If the phone doesn't work for you, get another one. Simple. But don't take the negative press as gospel. Media outlets make money from selling ads, but they need traffic to get that money... and to get that traffic they run sensational, polarizing headlines and articles. The more fantastic the claim, the better - for the media outlet.

Headlines like "Bugs affect less than 1% of users" or "90%+ of users haven't reported any problems" aren't going to get clicks, so they don't get written, and all you see are the negatively biased articles.

I used to be in the biz, I wrote oodles of tech articles, so I know first-hand what's going on. Don't get suckered into negativity.
    It's just a phone, who cares if it's 'forgotten about', I don't fret over whether my taps are forgotten about or my towels are forgotten about (yes I'm typing this while taking a dump). Mine works fine, too bad if yours doesnt- return it. People shouldn't be trying to find deeper personal meaning in their possessions. Look up commodity fetishism.
    @joelevi He already was suckered into negativity, as both his post and subsequent behavior demonstrate.

He was never interested in actual discussion. Responding to him at all will do nothing as he has closed his mind to all attempts to reason with him. The best we can do is what you did: poke holes in his logic and shake our heads sadly at him, letting him wallow in his ignorance. Meanwhile we enjoy our devices.

Some really good reports coming out on A13 beta 2 FPR. I can't install a beta now but hopefully this will either roll out to us soon or give us a very stable beta 3 to install. I'm very disappointed with the FPR even though it works most of the time now. After a shower forget about it. However, on the positive side my hands are very supple now but my wife wants to know why I have moisturizer with me at all times.

Now let's get back to the OP and the comparison of a $40,000 automobile with a $600 phone. One can travel at 150 Km/hr and get you a misdemeanor in jail for doing that. The other will take a picture of you behind bars. One you can get into the backseat of and make love. The other you can take a selfie with... hmm. ok not a great comparison. Ok, here's one. A car can take you to a store to get a replacement but you can't take a phone to get you a new car. But then again there's Uber.. hmm.. Silliness aside, how can anyone compare an automobile to a phone and try to equivocate the two? Oh well, Saturday entertainment I guess.