[Gesture navigation problem on android 11]

Search This thread

Qrtb41

Mar 14, 2018
Hello, I recently had on my poco F2 pro european version, the update to android 11. Since this update (12.2.1.0) gesture navigation on nova laucher bug while on android 10 there was no problem. Gesture bugs occur on all alternative launchers. Only back gestures work, and Home and Recent App only works on the Home page. It is impossible to go to home when I am on facebook for example. I don't know where it comes from, after the advice on xiaomi after-sales service I carried out a factory restore but without success. Thank you in advance for your answers.

Qrtb41

Mar 14, 2018
Okay, from what I can see I'm not alone. Do you think this will be resolved with future updates or is android blocking this?

Qrtb41

Mar 14, 2018
Ah okay I thought the problem was similar to that android 10 at launch. What surprises me is that miui 12 under android 10 did not have this problem ...

Megneto

Feb 4, 2009
In addition to lack of gesture support for 3rd party launchers (a huge annoyance, since if they don't restore these, I'll probably ditch F2 and move on to something more useable, besides Poco's launcher is a proper eyesore with that big bar at the bottom). Also I've been having issues with performance, lack of smoothness & often times Youtube crashing for no reason (when I'm not using it etc.).

Icetea

Nov 8, 2014
ok, i have not found a working launcher! (i have tried 12x different apps!)
btw:
Nova 7 beta has the same problem!
no way out!

btw.
i have written to nova dev. They have answered they could not do anything against that behavior because xiaomi have to do that. 🙄

Last edited:

Icetea

Nov 8, 2014
i have seen, that the size of newer versions of poco launcher (>v. xxx.10) was reduced more than 10mb against older versions. No wonder, that we got problems. 😜

no differences in behaviors if miui optimization is switched to on or off. Same result!

so wie have to wait for newer firmware fixes.

Last edited:

Moribus

Apr 19, 2011
I have same problem, i cant open recents, and cant use gestures with other launchers.
Can some of you recommend custom rom with "swipe gestures" and "wake up on taking up" the fone features?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use poco launcher v.2.20.1.19 to get back "recent app" function.
    But gestures are not fixed.
    Try "Fluid N.G." app for it.
    I better stay with Android 10 (MIUI 12.0) and wait for the next update (maybe MIUI 12.5). Is this correct?
    No! There is no plan to reactivate gestures for other launchers than poco!
    Just bumping this.

I have a Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite.

I like Poco Launcher so installed that instead of using the default system Launcher and set it up as I wanted only to find out that Gestures do not work.

My phone is on Android 11 and rooted.

Is there a fix for this specific Poco Launcher to get gestures working?

Having said that Poco phones comes with the Poco Launcher by default so surely Xiaomi will add gestures for Android 11 when it gets updated, so I guess I will have to wait and can update it via the play store

Thanks