• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Gesture navigation

Search This thread

myrigon

May 30, 2013
Hello, since the android 10 update (ww) the navigation gestures have changed. I seem to have lost the original rog style swipe up from home etc, without any bars etc showing onscreen. Is it the same for everyone?

rickymohk

Mar 13, 2019
I am using an app called Hide Navigation Bar to hide the white bar, which works great. I tried to use xda's Navigation Gestures for the same purpose but it does not work well in fullscreen landscape game, while Hide Navigation Bar does. That being said, I hope ASUS can implement an official hiding gesture hint feature just like what Samsung does.

Reactions: myrigon

JudeNiro

Sep 24, 2019
ASUS ROG Phone II
I'm using the "adb shell cmd overlay enable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural" command to re-enable gestures in Nova Launcher, but it's not a perfect solution and resets to standard navigation when the phone reboots.

Reactions: myrigon

myrigon

May 30, 2013
I am using an app called Hide Navigation Bar to hide the white bar, which works great. I tried to use xda's Navigation Gestures for the same purpose but it does not work well in fullscreen landscape game, while Hide Navigation Bar does. That being said, I hope ASUS can implement an official hiding gesture hint feature just like what Samsung does.

I'm using the "adb shell cmd overlay enable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural" command to re-enable gestures in Nova Launcher, but it's not a perfect solution and resets to standard navigation when the phone reboots.

Many thanks to you both. I'll have a look at those methods, as google's implementation is uuuuugly compared to asus!

Kianush

Jan 4, 2014
Im using these two apps and I can say my experience is even better than what I had on a9 because now I can cboose different options and actions for my gestures
Xda navigation gestures, to hide the navbar (other apps I have tried didnt work) it also has the issue when using the phone in landscape mode the volume control bar goes out of the screen

Fluid navigation gestures, now this app offers everything I could have asked for!

Reactions: nipun03 and myrigon

nipun03

Feb 19, 2017
New Delhi
Im using these two apps and I can say my experience is even better than what I had on a9 because now I can cboose different options and actions for my gestures
Xda navigation gestures, to hide the navbar (other apps I have tried didnt work) it also has the issue when using the phone in landscape mode the volume control bar goes out of the screen

Fluid navigation gestures, now this app offers everything I could have asked for!
Thanks for the info Kianush! I was looking for something like this. I have nova launcher as my default launcher on Android 10! Couldn't have asked for more! Thank you thank you!

Reactions: Kianush

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello, since the android 10 update (ww) the navigation gestures have changed. I seem to have lost the original rog style swipe up from home etc, without any bars etc showing onscreen. Is it the same for everyone?
    Yes is same. I like it, but we cannot use it across other launchers

Thanks for the info Kianush! I was looking for something like this. I have nova launcher as my default launcher on Android 10! Couldn't have asked for more! Thank you thank you!