Gestures Vs Navigation Bar

Which Gesture system do you use?

• Built in Android P Gestures With Pill

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Normal Navigation Bar

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • OnePlus Gestures/XDA Navigation Gestures/etc.

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Bwyan Benton

Jun 29, 2010
Windsor, Ontario
Been using gestures daily since DP3. It was really laggy and stuttered with DP2.

Yeah, they work fine now on the latest beta. No issues like before. The only big problem I have with them is they still take up the same amount of screen space. Wish they could figure that out. And ditch the back button arrow in favor of a left swipe of the pill.

Reactions: EeZeEpEe

smartymcfly

Sep 15, 2012
I use xposed edge pro. It can do just much more than the other options.

Inonow you are asking about android P, but this will likely be what I use when xposed is updated to P. And this is also the reason I will in all likely hood stay on oreo until xposed has been updated.

Last edited:

butterbeanmash

Apr 1, 2007
Chichester
Android P gestures and I like it, but I wish there would be a built-in "back" gesture
I'm using 'OnePlus gestures'* (along with 'hide nav bar') which has this. The app is working flawlessly for me, and is what the Android P gesture UI should have been.
I'm helped by the fact that I also use a OnePlus 5t, so I keep trying to use those gestures on my Pixel anyway!

*The app is not free, but it's one of the best apps I've bought.

Last edited:

PuffDaddy_d

Aug 29, 2010
Houston, TX
I tried the navigation gestures app from xda and has many more ways to customize the gestures, but ultimately, navigating using just the bottom edge of the screen is not comfortable and much slower than on screen buttons. IMO, Gestures should be triggered from anywhere on the screen, but still won't be as fast

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Been using gestures daily since DP3. It was really laggy and stuttered with DP2.

Yeah, they work fine now on the latest beta. No issues like before. The only big problem I have with them is they still take up the same amount of screen space. Wish they could figure that out. And ditch the back button arrow in favor of a left swipe of the pill.
    Android P gestures and I like it, but I wish there would be a built-in "back" gesture
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone