Get a Gear VR for free with your temporary Galaxy S7 Edge promo

Search This thread

shook187

Oct 1, 2010
Haverhill MA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Guys looking for the free games for their free GEAR VR they got with the loaner phone.... stop looking cuz you not going to find it, content are IMEI specific and is tied to the phone you used to get the gear VR.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
Guys looking for the free games for their free GEAR VR they got with the loaner phone.... stop looking cuz you not going to find it, content are IMEI specific and is tied to the phone you used to get the gear VR.

i used my note 7 v2 information n never got it with my note 7 v2 lol

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
It should be under "my content" or Library something of that nature and you should be able to just click on it and download it.

it wasnt there.. i tried multiple times signing out back in waiting etc. lol then they disabled it so now im at verizon waitig to be seen lol

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland
I guess I shoulda read the instructions when I first got it! Yet another blow to us, how much more we gotta go through?

Roach419

Jan 24, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Lmao now that this crazy ride is over, and back on my n4, it seems my final item, the other 2nd sdcard will be here Thursday....oh well, a spare in case my other one craps out....and the sd card and gear vr both play very nicely with my n4 so oh well...till next year or something else comes out that i HAVE to have

tommason1968

Apr 17, 2011
Lmao now that this crazy ride is over, and back on my n4, it seems my final item, the other 2nd sdcard will be here Thursday....oh well, a spare in case my other one craps out....and the sd card and gear vr both play very nicely with my n4 so oh well...till next year or something else comes out that i HAVE to have
I've been told conflicting things about the gear vr promotion. Is it still on or not

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While in the store last night I noticed Samsungs new promotion for the Galaxy phones. S7 and S7 Edge which was a Gear VR/256GB MicroSD.

Since I am getting a Galaxy S7 Edge as a temporary replacement I asked if I could use this device to submit for this promo. They indicated there is no reason why not as I will be given a receipt and I am technically purchasing this "Loaner" till the Replacement Note 7 arrive in what they said is currently 2-3 weeks.

So if you are interested in a free Gear VR (Supposedly the new version that is compatible with the Note 7) and like me you are turning in your phone to the store for a temporary replacement you can take advantage of this offer.

https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/tryonthefuture/

Update:
    My Gear VR Promotion is moving along: Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment.
    Doubtful, since you are exchanging and the exchanges get taken care of before new sales do. So chances are you just got your promo. However the current note u promo is ended. So unless they re-open it. Probably not. I hate this stupid S7 btw. It's trash compared to the Note 7.

Sent from my SM-G930T using XDA-Developers mobile app
    I agree s7e is nothing compared to the n7

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    Just to let you all know, I have been in the approved status for a week now. No movement. It said it could take up to 4 weeks to ship. I am almost wondering if Samsung is going to delay shipment till after the Note 7 is available again and see how many of the S7/S7 edges get returned and then cancel out some of these free gifts.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Read the fine print on those GearVRs, the promotional content will be tied to the IMEI and WiFi MAC of the devices used for the promo, be sure to Screenshot them lol so you can call and have it updated, not sure how much truth there is to that, but if its true, ugh what a pain.

I was told the same when I called about the $50 free content it is bound to imei but after you download to your oculus account it will stay even if you switch back to the note 7. If you already have the loaner phone I would install and download the content before you get the Note7 replacement.
    They did. Most you can get gir it is the lowest price it cold for in the last 90 days and more than lily they will tell you no on the refund. The Best Buy I work at is not taking any returns on those items from the Samsung promos.

Sent from my wickedly kewl Samsung Galaxy Note 7 using my S Pen. Duh!!!
    Good thing I took mine back the first day I got it.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk