Get ecg , bp and samsung pay

Search This thread

aj7400

• May 25, 2013
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
    I just got my watch active 2 in india.

But it lacks features such as ecg , bp and samsung pay .

I was searching and found out that i can install 2 apps ( one of which is samsung health monitor and other one is tpk )
    And get them both working.

But i couldnt find how to enable samsung pay..

Please help , i am new to all this coming from apple ecosystem.

2wizted

May 8, 2021
    I just got my watch active 2 in india.

But it lacks features such as ecg , bp and samsung pay .

I was searching and found out that i can install 2 apps ( one of which is samsung health monitor and other one is tpk )
    And get them both working.

But i couldnt find how to enable samsung pay..

Please help , i am new to all this coming from apple ecosystem.
    I have active 2 and I am using it in india. Somehow all my attempts have failed in installing the bp app. Can you explain how you got it to work for your watch
    Much thanks in advance

I have active 2 and I am using it in india. Somehow all my attempts have failed in installing the bp app. Can you explain how you got it to work for your watch
    Much thanks in advance
    1. If you don't have Samsung Health Monitor (SHM) present on your watch as default app, you can get ECG and BP working with Indian CSC without any system modification simply by installing 3 apks (modified SHM, ECG and BP).

2. However, if you have SHM already installed as a system app on your watch (from Samsung firmware), then you can only get ECG working with the modified SHM apk and the ECG tpk method. The system app won't allow the BP to work (it's locked out by Samsung). You now have 2 options:

A. Use the alternate method detailed by @Dante63 in his thread (involves seting up a java environment on your PC, and using Tizen studio to sign your own apps)

OR

B. Change CSC on your watch to mimic a watch bought in countries where SPay, BP, ECG etc are officially unlocked by Samsung.

I've used the method in B and Changed CSC to ZTO (Brazil) and everything is working fine in India (I live in Chennai)

All this is much easier if you have a Samsung phone, but still do-able with other brand phones.

This thread by @Dante63 has all the information you need for getting ECG and BP working without modifying CSC: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-restriction-removed-11th-april-2021.4202685/

For changing CSC, follow the instructions in TechnoProz's video on YouTube:

You can choose to buy combination firmware and stock firmware files from the internet, or use files uploaded by @adfree and @Nmc_alves® on this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/firmware-r820-r830.4161883/

Just make sure to double and triple check your watch model number, and your firmware and Tizen version carefully before proceeding because a bad flash can potentially ruin your day and although recoverable, it's a pain to get USB Odin working on a watch.

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
    Sydney
    Google Pixel 2 XL
    I will also add that if you want Samsung Pay to work, and you do not have a Samsung Phone, running stock ROM, you will need:

Install Magisk (root/superuser access)

And then will need to:
    • check you pass SafetyNet (you might want this to test, as currently the inbuilt test in Magisk Manager is not working: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scottyab.safetynet.sample ) Passing SafetyNet can very much be down to the ROM, so you may need to seek help from the ROM thread of the ROM youre using
    • enable MagiskHide under Magisk Manager Settings
    • enable MagiskHide for ALL Samsung related packages (Gear/Samsung/Watch Plugins)
    • enable Hide The Magisk App (call it anything but anything with Magisk in it)
    • reboot
    • then try adding card to Samsung Pay
    If Samsung Pay even sniffs root you will NOT get Samsung Pay working - as it writes to a database somewhere and you will have to erase data for the Gear/Samsung/Watch Plugin apps and reset the Watch to start over

Im in the middle of doing a write up on how to keep the watch and Samsung Pay working across ROM flashes....i wont throw that on you in this post :)

p.s. Welcome to Freedom, from being stuck in the Apple cult. You've made it!

Reactions: enigmaamit
    I will also add that if you want Samsung Pay to work, and you do not have a Samsung Phone, running stock ROM, you will need:

Install Magisk

And then will need to:
    • check you pass SafetyNet (you might want this to test, as currently the inbuilt test in Magisk Manager is not working: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scottyab.safetynet.sample ) Passing SafetyNet can very much be down to the ROM, so you may need to seek help from the ROM thread of the ROM youre using
    • enable MagiskHide for ALL Samsung related packages (Gear/Samsung/Watch Plugins)
    • reboot
    If Samsung Pay even sniffs root you will NOT get Samsung Pay working - as it writes to a database somewhere and you will have to erase data for the Gear/Samsung/Watch Plugin apps and reset the Watch to start over

Im in the middle of doing a write up on how to keep the watch and Samsung Pay working across ROM flashes....i wont throw that on you in this post :)

Looking forward to your write-up. Sounds very intriguing and I'd love to hear more about it. It's amazing to see how large corporations like Samsung employ sneaky traps to stop people from modifying their phones and how someone determined enough can figure out ingenious ways to bypass all that 😀 It's a perennial cat and mouse game that I quite enjoy.

Looking forward to your thread.

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
    Sydney
    Google Pixel 2 XL
    Looking forward to your write-up. Sounds very intriguing and I'd love to hear more about it. It's amazing to see how large corporations like Samsung employ sneaky traps to stop people from modifying their phones and how someone determined enough can figure out ingenious ways to bypass all that 😀 It's a perennial cat and mouse game that I quite enjoy.

Looking forward to your thread.

While i can maintain the watch connection and Samsung Pay across ROM's (it is just re-using the same Android ID and magisk.db (that stores the magiskhidden packages)), there doesnt seem any way (currently) to maintain BP calibration data ....so i do have to recalibrate that every time

I dont enjoy the cat and mouse at 50 :)

While i can maintain the watch connection and Samsung Pay across ROM's (it is just re-using the same Android ID and magisk.db (that stores the magiskhidden packages)), there doesnt seem any way (currently) to maintain BP calibration data ....so i do have to recalibrate that every time

I dont enjoy the cat and mouse at 50 :)
    Well, it's either the cat'n'mouse, or the cage. ;)

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
    Sydney
    Google Pixel 2 XL

For better or worse, heres a link to my "keeping your watch connection and Samsung Pay working across ROMs" guide:

Reactions: enigmaamit

2wizted

May 8, 2021
    1. If you don't have Samsung Health Monitor (SHM) present on your watch as default app, you can get ECG and BP working with Indian CSC without any system modification simply by installing 3 apks (modified SHM, ECG and BP).

2. However, if you have SHM already installed as a system app on your watch (from Samsung firmware), then you can only get ECG working with the modified SHM apk and the ECG tpk method. The system app won't allow the BP to work (it's locked out by Samsung). You now have 2 options:

A. Use the alternate method detailed by @Dante63 in his thread (involves seting up a java environment on your PC, and using Tizen studio to sign your own apps)

OR

B. Change CSC on your watch to mimic a watch bought in countries where SPay, BP, ECG etc are officially unlocked by Samsung.

I've used the method in B and Changed CSC to ZTO (Brazil) and everything is working fine in India (I live in Chennai)

All this is much easier if you have a Samsung phone, but still do-able with other brand phones.

This thread by @Dante63 has all the information you need for getting ECG and BP working without modifying CSC: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-restriction-removed-11th-april-2021.4202685/

You can choose to buy combination firmware and stock firmware files from the internet, or use files uploaded by @adfree and @Nmc_alves® on this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/firmware-r820-r830.4161883/

Just make sure to double and triple check your watch model number, and your firmware and Tizen version carefully before proceeding because a bad flash can potentially ruin your day and although recoverable, it's a pain to get USB Odin working on a watch.
    Well, before updating my watch to tizen 5.5.0.2 i successful installed bp monitor and then delete it on my own. No i dont have shm on my watch right now. At present when i am trying to follow dante's instructions to install 3 apps.. i get to do it successfully for shm and ecg but i get failed to install message for bp monitor app. Any clue why? I tried 3 apps from different sources multiple times.

Well, before updating my watch to tizen 5.5.0.2 i successful installed bp monitor and then delete it on my own. No i dont have shm on my watch right now. At present when i am trying to follow dante's instructions to install 3 apps.. i get to do it successfully for shm and ecg but i get failed to install message for bp monitor app. Any clue why? I tried 3 apps from different sources multiple times.
    Can you please describe what you're doing a little more clearly? Tizen 5.5.2.2 can mean one of many firmwares - DUA3, DUA7, DUD1. Which one are you running?

The SHM app you're installing - is it the phone app or the Watch companion app?

Are you trying to install ECG and BP standalone apps along with the SHM app for the watch? You don't need all three - either install the first 2 or the 3rd one (it has ECG and BP built in)

When I was on DUA3 firmware, I only installed 2 apps:

1. Modified SHM app for the phone (v189)
    2. SHM companion app for the watch

This got both ECG and BP working.

After that I have changed CSC to get these apps natively and am on DUD1 firmware, so I'm unable to test for you if Samsung has done something to disable BP in the newer firmware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Much thanks in advance

OR

Install Magisk (root/superuser access)

And then will need to:
      • reboot

For better or worse, heres a link to my "keeping your watch connection and Samsung Pay working across ROMs" guide: