Get Kernel Dev (dd3boh) a Moto Z

Search This thread

erfanoabdi

Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2015
Tehran
erfanoabdi.github.io
Mods :- I am assuming this is something which is allowed, going by the Z2 force thread linked at bottom of post. Please PM me if we are breaking any rules.

Hello All,

Most of you might be using my custom ROMs for griffin, I have been working on this device for 2 years but now I can’t see that this device is no longer progressing these days. sadly I can’t keep the device update as much as the old days due to school and stuffs… but I’m still working on lineage 15 & 16. now my friend ( @DD3Boh ) is interested to help in the development to bring up a cool kernel for us and help me in ROMs and more…

He worked on creating trees and bringing LineageOS to almost same msm8996 device (Lenovo Zuk Z2) even though he ported fully working kernel 4.4 to his device. Now, we think he should own the Moto Z to continue developing for it and give us a better kernel support.

Hence @TobiPeter created a PayPal pool and we are aiming for 180euro.

here's a link to the pool.

https://paypal.me/pools/c/89iKcS097m

This has been done before with the Moto Z2 force. In Z2 force's case the device got support once it was delivered to the dev. We are lucky to have DD3Boh, but you know official P roms is coming. ;)

https://forum.xda-developers.com/z2-force/how-to/z2-developement-thread-getting-device-t3727688

Questions, queries, comments? Feel free to post.

Thanks. :highfive:

UPDATE 11Nov: @DD3Boh received the money and ordered device.

Last edited:

schuby33

Aug 11, 2009
I'm more than happy to chip in some money to get this dev a phone. The continued development of the MotoZ is always welcome, and certainly appreciated, especially now that the official support has ended.

Reactions: O l l i X

DD3Boh

Recognized Developer
Feb 16, 2017
Voghera
So, hello everyone. Yesterday the money pool reached the goal so it has been closed and I got the money immediately, so I've already ordered the phone. It'll arrive in about 15-25 days. Thank you to everyone who donated to let me buy this device, I hope to do a good job on it and to enjoy meanwhile. And let's #MakeGriffinGreatAgain

DD3Boh

Recognized Developer
Feb 16, 2017
Voghera
Can Chinese paypal users donate him through this pool?
The pool has been closed some time ago as we reached the goal.
Now me and erfan are working together on this device to make it better day by day
If you still want to donate, you should be able to do so to my PayPal, but you don't need to, don't worry ;)

Reactions: O l l i X

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, hello everyone. Yesterday the money pool reached the goal so it has been closed and I got the money immediately, so I've already ordered the phone. It'll arrive in about 15-25 days. Thank you to everyone who donated to let me buy this device, I hope to do a good job on it and to enjoy meanwhile. And let's #MakeGriffinGreatAgain
    Mods :- I am assuming this is something which is allowed, going by the Z2 force thread linked at bottom of post. Please PM me if we are breaking any rules.

Hello All,

Most of you might be using my custom ROMs for griffin, I have been working on this device for 2 years but now I can’t see that this device is no longer progressing these days. sadly I can’t keep the device update as much as the old days due to school and stuffs… but I’m still working on lineage 15 & 16. now my friend ( @DD3Boh ) is interested to help in the development to bring up a cool kernel for us and help me in ROMs and more…

He worked on creating trees and bringing LineageOS to almost same msm8996 device (Lenovo Zuk Z2) even though he ported fully working kernel 4.4 to his device. Now, we think he should own the Moto Z to continue developing for it and give us a better kernel support.

Hence @TobiPeter created a PayPal pool and we are aiming for 180euro.

here's a link to the pool.

https://paypal.me/pools/c/89iKcS097m

This has been done before with the Moto Z2 force. In Z2 force's case the device got support once it was delivered to the dev. We are lucky to have DD3Boh, but you know official P roms is coming. ;)

https://forum.xda-developers.com/z2-force/how-to/z2-developement-thread-getting-device-t3727688

Questions, queries, comments? Feel free to post.

Thanks. :highfive:

UPDATE 11Nov: @DD3Boh received the money and ordered device.
    Just some hours ago I got, finally I would say, the device. Already flashed TWRP and @erfanoabdi's lineage build with my kernel. It's running really good and I'm enjoying this phone already. Now I can finally seriously work on this phone, thank you everyone for the support and I 'm sure you won't be disappointed :D
    we found a cheaper device and pool goal changed to 150EUR
    but this device deal ends in next 2 days
    we hope to reach the goal
    only 15EUR to go...

thanks for contributions guys
    I'm more than happy to chip in some money to get this dev a phone. The continued development of the MotoZ is always welcome, and certainly appreciated, especially now that the official support has ended.