get out of beta P on verizon

Search This thread

dratsablive

Feb 20, 2011
HARRISBURG
I am using a Verizon pixel 2 xl. Decided to get in to the beta program. Too many of the apps I use on a daily basis crash :( .After 2 hours I unenrolled on the beta program website. Still have not got the un update yet. Can flash the factory image from https://developers.google.com/android/images or should I just wait longer?
Did you try and check for update? I was enrolled for a few hours and it didn't update until I checked

fiffan86

Dec 2, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I am using a Verizon pixel 2 xl. Decided to get in to the beta program. Too many of the apps I use on a daily basis crash :( .After 2 hours I unenrolled on the beta program website. Still have not got the un update yet. Can flash the factory image from https://developers.google.com/android/images or should I just wait longer?

According to the FAQ it can take up to 24 hours to either get the beta ota or the opt out ota that wipes your phone

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180509-115510.jpg
    Screenshot_20180509-115510.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 233

ckilps

Jul 3, 2012
Yes, finally got the downgrade at 9 o'clock last night. Was up all night setting it back up. Sorry, I will be waiting until P is offical. Do not run on your main device.

Vinnipinni

Jul 20, 2016
Norderstedt
Yes, finally got the downgrade at 9 o'clock last night. Was up all night setting it back up. Sorry, I will be waiting until P is offical. Do not run on your main device.
Most Apps seem to work, some need to be reinstalled to fix the crashing, haven't had any other problems other than my fingerprint sensor, but I'll get that fixed as well.

fiffan86

Dec 2, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

They must have fixed the lag of the downgrade, i opted out, checked for an update immediately and the downgrade ota downloaded instantly.

Nov 10, 2009
Omaha
It doesn't appear that even if your in the beta program that you can unlock the boot loader on a Verizon Pixel 2 xl, is that the case for everyone else? I still have the OEM Unlocking toggle grayed out even though I've to P installed via the OTA

fiffan86

Dec 2, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It doesn't appear that even if your in the beta program that you can unlock the boot loader on a Verizon Pixel 2 xl, is that the case for everyone else? I still have the OEM Unlocking toggle grayed out even though I've to P installed via the OTA

Why would it change? It isn't a firmware based lock. If you were locked before, you'd be locked on p as well, just like I am on my Verizon pixel 2 xl

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am already on P. I want to go back to oreo

If stock, bootloader locked, unenroll from the beta, you'll get an OTA to downgrade you.

If rooted, then just clean fastboot the latest factory image.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone