Get Ready!!! Verizon plans to redirect all calls on Note 7

Search This thread

corvette72778

Oct 8, 2013
What are your solutions to Verizon's plan to redirect calls made on the Note 7?
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Veri...he-Note-7-plans-to-redirect-all-calls_id90089

Verizon claims “thousands” of its customers still use the Note 7, plans to redirect all calls
Posted: 17 Jan 2017, 17:11, by Cosmin V.

In a strange turn of events, many Galaxy Note 7 buyers in the United States haven't returned their smartphones yet, even though Samsung has already taken all the necessary measures for that to happen.

The South Korean handset maker pushed software updates through all major carriers in the US, but the unlocked Galaxy Note 7 units were targeted too. The software update is meant to prevent the Note 7's battery to charge, but it will also make it impossible for the phone to register with any mobile networks.

Verizon was the last carrier in the US to push the update to Note 7 units, but it looks like this didn't convince some Samsung fans to return their phones. Verizon officials claim that “thousands” of its customers are still using the Galaxy Note 7 even after the deployment of the update that's meant to cripple them.

Somehow, these Note 7 users managed to avoid getting the update and continue to use their phones to this day. Since Verizon has already reimbursed the cost of the recalled Note 7 to all its customers, the carriers now plans to bill those who still haven't returned their phones for the full retail cost.

In spite of our best efforts, there are still customers using the recalled phones who have not returned or exchanged their Note 7 to the point of purchase. The recalled Note 7s pose a safety risk to our customers and those around them.

Furthermore, Verizon said that it will soon put all these Note 7 phones that are being used in a special category so all outgoing calls, except those made for the 911 emergency service, will be redirected to its customer service.

Verizon customers who still haven't returned their Galaxy Note 7 smartphones can still do so and receive a bill credit of up to $100 and a waived upgrade fee.

shanda5303

Jan 16, 2011
Portland
What are your solutions to Verizon's plan to redirect calls made on the Note 7?
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Veri...he-Note-7-plans-to-redirect-all-calls_id90089

Verizon claims “thousands” of its customers still use the Note 7, plans to redirect all calls
Posted: 17 Jan 2017, 17:11, by Cosmin V.

In a strange turn of events, many Galaxy Note 7 buyers in the United States haven't returned their smartphones yet, even though Samsung has already taken all the necessary measures for that to happen.

The South Korean handset maker pushed software updates through all major carriers in the US, but the unlocked Galaxy Note 7 units were targeted too. The software update is meant to prevent the Note 7's battery to charge, but it will also make it impossible for the phone to register with any mobile networks.

Verizon was the last carrier in the US to push the update to Note 7 units, but it looks like this didn't convince some Samsung fans to return their phones. Verizon officials claim that “thousands” of its customers are still using the Galaxy Note 7 even after the deployment of the update that's meant to cripple them.

Somehow, these Note 7 users managed to avoid getting the update and continue to use their phones to this day. Since Verizon has already reimbursed the cost of the recalled Note 7 to all its customers, the carriers now plans to bill those who still haven't returned their phones for the full retail cost.

In spite of our best efforts, there are still customers using the recalled phones who have not returned or exchanged their Note 7 to the point of purchase. The recalled Note 7s pose a safety risk to our customers and those around them.

Furthermore, Verizon said that it will soon put all these Note 7 phones that are being used in a special category so all outgoing calls, except those made for the 911 emergency service, will be redirected to its customer service.

Verizon customers who still haven't returned their Galaxy Note 7 smartphones can still do so and receive a bill credit of up to $100 and a waived upgrade fee.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought it was illegal to charge for a recalled device? ?

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

kenpaci

Jan 2, 2011
Kuala terengganu
nobody used note7 right now, what for???

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

let's say bye bye samsung for judge user n7 like criminal!!

IHIOUSE

Nov 4, 2016
This is the official word...

Attachments

• note.jpg
    note.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 153

IHIOUSE

Nov 4, 2016
The only way i could think of the phone still functioning would be if the network didn't recognize it as a note 7, it would then allow the phone to function as normal. I believe getting into specifics is not allowed on these forums so lets just leave it at that.

mtyler7807

Oct 15, 2009
Richmond
www.compdoctoronline.com
Does anybody have a workaround for what Verizon is about to do?
That would involve changing the individual which is not legal and possibly a build prop edit to change the name of the phone. Possible using the imei off a s7 or any Samsung with similar specs. You would pay a good price to have a note 7 unblacklisted. You'd be better off getting a goophone note 7 clone. They were more stable than the real deal when it came to being a safety hazard. But this stuff messed up there clone phone sales. A phone you can't carry no where with out someone worried about it blowing up or catching fire even though it is a clone.

sent from Pixel XL

ProtoDeVNan0

Apr 3, 2013
HTC Sensation
That would involve changing the individual which is not legal and possibly a build prop edit to change the name of the phone. Possible using the imei off a s7 or any Samsung with similar specs. You would pay a good price to have a note 7 unblacklisted. You'd be better off getting a goophone note 7 clone. They were more stable than the real deal when it came to being a safety hazard. But this stuff messed up there clone phone sales. A phone you can't carry no where with out someone worried about it blowing up or catching fire even though it is a clone.

sent from Pixel XL

It would just simply be better if they got a S7 Edge + free money for accessories instead of trying to change IMEI. On S7 Edge we've got fully working AOSP based roms(even nexus like fingerprint unlock), as well as me and my team ported FlymeOS 6 recently. Come on guys. Let go, and enjoy all the nice stuff that S7 Edge offers. Even Official Nougat.

Reactions: mtyler7807

mtyler7807

Oct 15, 2009
Richmond
www.compdoctoronline.com
It would just simply be better if they got a S7 Edge + free money for accessories instead of trying to change IMEI. On S7 Edge we've got fully working AOSP based roms(even nexus like fingerprint unlock), as well as me and my team ported FlymeOS 6 recently. Come on guys. Let go, and enjoy all the nice stuff that S7 Edge offers. Even Official Nougat.
Exactly. I went with the pixel XL. I had a note 4 when I upgraded to the note 7. That was the problem free note I had. I keep a nexus 6p as my backup. There are true to heart Samsung fans out here, just to have Samsung pay(get a gear watch to keep sampay), to keep the record front and back video at the same time, Knox, TouchWiz, . Not worth the head aches on a $800 phone that has to be modded just to make phone call out. There are way too many flag ship Android phones that have surpassed the note7 in design and performance. What is the percentage of people that take full advantage of the stylus on the note series of phone. Most don't touch it. You have the Xiaomi mi mix, Huawei mate 9 and the p9 and the honor v8.

sent from Pixel XL

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought it was illegal to charge for a recalled device? ?

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk
    Illegal for them to sell it. Not illegal to bill for previous sale.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Does anybody have a workaround for what Verizon is about to do?

sent from Pixel XL