• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Get. The nexus update the easy way

Search This thread

Hspurs

Apr 2, 2012
Ok this what you need to do
1 go settings/apps then hit the all button at the top
2 Scrll down to goggle service framwork then press it to open it
3 Hit the clear button
4 go to settings/about phone/System updates the date will be 1969 or 1970 this is ok
5 Hit the check button
6 nexus should now show update to 4.0.4 is Available
7 hit install and enjoy

Please note this may take a few attempts but will work:p
Got this info of another site which I cannot post has I I'm new here

Last edited:

sabcik

Sep 7, 2010
Worked for me after 4 tries no restarts.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1333408355022.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333408355022.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,255

msedek

Apr 3, 2012
Santiago de chile
Guys I Just tried the force update method and it worked.. migh work for any of you too.. this its the trick #*#2432546#*# (#*#checkin#*#) just dial the red colored code in your phone app and send it will force update.

P.S: im from Venezuela South America with Yakju 4.0.2

cant post image either cuz i dont know how or cuz im new in the forums
:)

Last edited:

bimmerboii

Feb 20, 2010
Just got the update. Yakju (UK import) using it in Canada. Took about an hour of repeatedly clearing and checking for updates. No rebooting done

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

msedek

Apr 3, 2012
Santiago de chile
wondering what wnet wrong on my update? I have downloaded the 37.4 MB then the phone asked me for install now or later.. i did install now, the phone restarted and the a green droid with a red admiration simbol like this ! in the stomach... then i had to remove the battery and when the phone booted.. i was still on 4.0.2 :confused: .. can someone help me?

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
wondering what wnet wrong on my update? I have downloaded the 37.4 MB then the phone asked me for install now or later.. i did install now, the phone restarted and the a green droid with a red admiration simbol like this ! in the stomach... then i had to remove the battery and when the phone booted.. i was still on 4.0.2 :confused: .. can someone help me?

Are you completely stock?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok this what you need to do
    1 go settings/apps then hit the all button at the top
    2 Scrll down to goggle service framwork then press it to open it
    3 Hit the clear button
    4 go to settings/about phone/System updates the date will be 1969 or 1970 this is ok
    5 Hit the check button
    6 nexus should now show update to 4.0.4 is Available
    7 hit install and enjoy

Please note this may take a few attempts but will work:p
    Got this info of another site which I cannot post has I I'm new here
    Confirmed. My GN has vanished from the web store also. I'm not convinced that this update method did it though as I've seen some weird ass behaviour on the phone store app over the last few days (installed app count varying between 103 and 106 without changes by me).

Okay, fixed this.

on the device go into the market , sorry 'Play Shop' :mad: Then click '...' and select Accounts. Tap your account on the list (even though it is already ticked) and it will take a moment to sign in with a spinning gray thingy.

Then after an hour or so your phone will be back in the google play shop web page (albeit without the name you previously gave it).
    2 - I can't find "Google service framwork"... Not in All apps och Running apps :(

Google service framwork = Ramverk för tjänster från Google
    worked on 2nd try :D
    I switched off wifi and it worked first try, thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA