GetMeIn : One time rooting/jailbreaking tool for webOS LG TV's

Seilenos

Feb 26, 2017
Moscow
Hello to all.
47LB650V-ZE, WEBOS 1.4.0-2532, firmware 05.05.70
I have passed a quest with GetMeIn script and received Root rights.
Then I have seen "Done! Please restart your System", I turned off/on TV and tryed to access.
And that's the problem.

Trying to access from PC (KiTTY / WinSCP / Linux) - No access..
For ex. WinSCP - Net Error: connect to 192.168.1.70 (TV IP) declined, KiTTY - Network Error, Linux ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.70 port 9922: Connection refused

OK, opening CLI,
write:
ares-setup-device -list
received:
tv2 [email protected]:9922 ssh tv
emulator [email protected]:6622 ssh tv

write:
ares-install --device tv2 --list
received:
ares-install ERR! ares-install: Error: Connection time out. please check the device IP address or port.

ping 192.168.1.70
Ping Statistics for 192.168.1.70:
Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0

So, trying to connect trough port 22:
$ ssh -i tv2_webos [email protected] -p 22
Enter passphrase for key 'tv2_webos': (writing Developer Mode password)
[email protected]'s password: trying "alpin" password - Permission denied, please try again.
[email protected]'s password: password from Developer Mode - Permission denied, please try again.

Does anybody help me what kind of password I shell to use for access?

Regards, Dmirty

platforma

Dec 8, 2011
So, trying to connect trough port 22:
$ ssh -i tv2_webos [email protected] -p 22
Enter passphrase for key 'tv2_webos': (writing Developer Mode password)
[email protected]'s password: trying "alpin" password - Permission denied, please try again.
[email protected]'s password: password from Developer Mode - Permission denied, please try again.

Does anybody help me what kind of password I shell to use for access?

Regards, Dmirty
You need to have KeyServer enabled in Developer Mode on the TV, otherwise it won't let you login with your tv2_webos key. Port should be 9922, at least for me by default. And the ssh passphrase is the "Passphrase" displayed in the Developer Mode app.

Seilenos

Feb 26, 2017
Moscow
You need to have KeyServer enabled in Developer Mode on the TV, otherwise it won't let you login with your tv2_webos key. Port should be 9922, at least for me by default. And the ssh passphrase is the "Passphrase" displayed in the Developer Mode app.
Dev Mode is opened, KeyServer enabled.
If I trying to connect by SSH through port 9922 (CLI : tv2 [email protected]:9922 ssh tv) by command in Linux or KiTTY: - ssh -i tv2_webos [email protected] -p 9922 - I have no answer from TV (connection time out), but if I change port to 22 - connection to the TV is available.

Passphrase (from Dev Mode) for tv2_webos is accepted but next step I receive а request for username password. And that's the problem "alpin" password doesn't accepted.