Getting an unlock code in the UK?

Search This thread

a500user2013

Jun 14, 2013
I've tried going to the emui website as specified (http://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/help/post-step-step-guide-to-unlock-huawei-t3373496)

But this requires a HuaweiID

When I put mine in I get
"Sorry, no support for the European user login."

I add that I can register from scratch on the emui site using an email address (not a phone number due to the country code restrictions), but then when trying to unlock, I enter all my details and the unlock page tells me that the HuaweiID hasn't been linked to the phone for the last 14 days (which is true as I can't login on the phone with that HuaweiID as it says something along the lines of a country mismatch)

Has anybody from "Europe" got around this yet?

Last edited:

220volt

Jul 31, 2013
I don't have the phone yet but I can login and get to this screen
ec36b3ebba311c4f4917b621a60c66c6.jpg

Edit: Sorry I didn't see that you already had manage to login.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Have you tried this tool?
https://www.dc-unlocker.com

Sent from my Nexus 5X

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

You can also try just mail Huawei like we had to do with P8
http://huaweip8.jniklast.bplaced.net/unlock.html

Just do as the guide says but change to Huawei P9 EVA-L09

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Last edited:

fredhd

Oct 21, 2008
london
I emailed Huawei in order to avoid the 14 days issue, you need to login to the huawei website 14 days in a row. Don't understand that silly rule. But check the picture attached that's the email.

Attachments

• IMG_20160512_105204.jpg
    IMG_20160512_105204.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 1,268

a500user2013

Jun 14, 2013
The only way around this is you're in the UK is to email Huawei with your IMEI number (dial *#06#) , serial number (look on the box or settings > about phone > status) and product ID (dial *#*#1357946#*#*).

You can email [email protected]

I can't even get logged in to the account linked to my mobile due to the "Sorry, no support for the European user login." message.

As mentioned, if I started a new account through the website, I get the 14 day message. I can't link that account to my phone due to a similar error to the one above, so I will never be logged in for 14 days.

Last edited:

fredhd

Oct 21, 2008
london
The only way around this is you're in the UK is to email Huawei with your IMEI number (dial *#06#) , serial number (look on the box or settings > about phone > status) and product ID (dial *#*#1357946#*#*).

You can email [email protected]

I can't even get logged in to the account linked to my mobile due to the "Sorry, no support for the European user login." message.

As mentioned, if I started a new account through the website, I get the 14 day message. I can't link that account to my phone due to a similar error to the one above, so I will never be logged in for 14 days.
I create the account on my phone and logged in to Hiapp yesterday was 14 days in a row, I have got my unlock code now by doing the process I stated above. What you just said was what I did and sent it to huawei they sent me that email back. But I guess different process work for different people. Hope it works for you.

fredhd

Oct 21, 2008
london
@fredhd
Where are you located? Creating the account on my phone doesn't let me login to the website at that page...
I'm in the UK, I first created an account on the huawei website, then used the login on the phone. It doesn't unlocked every options on Hiapp but still allowed me to login 14 days in a row to get the bootloader code. Huawei did t make it easy that's for sure.

a500user2013

Jun 14, 2013
@fredhd that's where the issue lies. They haven't set their system up properly for UK EU
It might be possible to create a throwaway Huawei account register as location China on the phone and use it for 14 days and then login to the website and get the unlock code. After that unlink it from the phone and create your UK Huawei ID to get the extra warranty. If anyone is wanting to try this then it might work?

Last edited:

fredhd

Oct 21, 2008
london
@fredhd that's where the issue lies. They haven't set their system up properly for UK EU
It might be possible to create a throwaway Huawei account register as location China on the phone and use it for 14 days and then login to the website and get the unlock code. After that unlink it from the phone and create your UK Huawei ID to get the extra warranty. If anyone is wanting to try this then it might work?
To be honest it's a great phone but 1- I should have waited for an official UK release 2- I don't think I'll keep it it seems to difficult to root this phone and I cannot stand the UI. Hope someone makes an easy tool to do it all, mine is not yet rooted as the process seem uneasy to me.

Velfess

Jun 21, 2012
Vilnius
How how did everyone ended up unlocking their phones? I'm using L19 and I'm from Lithuania (EU), my account was created through app and I get same "Sorry, no support for the European user login" error message. Is there a way to bypass this restriction or is paid DC unlocker way to go?

Edit: Method shown in SRK tool worked perfectly.

Last edited: