• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Getting bootloader unlock code from Huawei

Search This thread

holi0317

Apr 22, 2018
Hong Kong
I've successfully got a working bootloader code for my M5 and it worked. I am now running generic system image and it is working beautifully.
For the record, I am owning a 10 inch M5 (not pro), 64 GB wifi-only version. Bought from official Huawei online store in China. I don't know if this would work on other versions but it is worth a try.

Note: The unlock service from Huawei will terminate on 23 July. It is highly recommended to get a bootloader code if you plan to use custom rom in the future.

Edit: Seems that images are missing. Here is the imgur album link: imgur.com/a/FaaGNkL
I'll try to fix the images. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Requirements for getting the code
  1. A Huawei M5 tablet of cause. 3G or wifi version
  2. A desktop computer
  3. The tablet must login into Huawei cloud for at least 2 weeks

The final requirement is not listed in English version. I am not sure if that need to be fulfilled in English version or not.

Link to unlock form: emui.huawei.com/en/plugin/unlock/index
(Sorry but XDA disallow me to post outside link. I would update this post once I got the permission)

================

1. Go to the link and login with the same account on your tablet
2. Accept the terms
3. Select "Since EMUI 5.0"
4. The "smartphone" cannot be changed. It is by design (or a bug)

For 3G version owners, follow the instruction and fill in the form. I am not owning 3G version and therefore I could not proof if the form is working or not.

================
For Wifi version, the process would be quite tricky.
Seems that Huawei did not plan to make a new wifi-only tablet when designing this unlock web page. We could not skip IMEI field in this form.
...Unless we do some tricks.

This tutorial uses Firefox browser. Chrome does not have resend request feature which is required for our purpose.

Enter the following sequence in offical calculator App
Code:
()()1357946()()

The displayed window should give you all information needed except the IMEI.

It is time for some tricks. Press F12 on your keyboard to bring up developer tools and navigate to Network panel.
A7pFJTR

Enter some random number in IMEI field and submit the form. The submission should fail (no surprise) with reason "SN and IMEI are mismatched." and a request entry would be logged in the developer tools.

Inspect the request to check route and click Edit and Resend Button.
zGYLvEK

Edit the Request body:
  1. Change needimei from 1 to 0
  2. Remove imei field (Remove imei=......&), rember to remove & symbol or the request would be invalid
  3. Update veri to new verification code in the window

The reuslt sould request body should look like this
Code:
before5=0&sn=YOUR_SERIAL_NUMBER&checkCode=SOME_NUMBER&veri=VERIFICATION_CODE&needimei=0&_form_key=c934efde48a3

kSusbkC

Click send and a new check request should show up in the developer tools panel. Inspect it and check the Response tab.
The blacken part is the bootloader unlock code for your device.
JwgPGv0

================
I used this code for unlocking my device and it workes.
XRkSE2u

Hope this guide helps!

Last edited:

Flexia32

Dec 15, 2010
OnePlus 9 Pro
Worked like a charm! Thanks. I am in the US and got got the US/English version in the mail today and its already unlocked. Dont forget to enable developer options and oem unlock toggle like I did. Thanks

holi0317

Apr 22, 2018
Hong Kong
Are you saying if you have a US version, the tablet is already unlocked and I can root?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sorry for the late reply. I did not receive notification from XDA :p

I don't own an US version. But I don't think there will be much of the difference in terms of bootloader locking and unlocking strategy.
The tablet should be locked by default and you have to unlock it before rooting.

sarichter

Nov 4, 2011
Phoenix
The response I get is "imei_notbound_account"

I called US support and they referred me to China support because I have the SHT-W09 C432 variant (I thought this was European). I emailed that support line and hope to get some direction back on how to unlock the bootloader. Everything I've done online so far via their webpage and this tutorial does not work. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

purple lady

Mar 12, 2011
The response I get is "imei_notbound_account"

I called US support and they referred me to China support because I have the SHT-W09 C432 variant (I thought this was European). I emailed that support line and hope to get some direction back on how to unlock the bootloader. Everything I've done online so far via their webpage and this tutorial does not work. Anyone have any ideas?

Use DC unlocker instead. I have the same model was getting the same response and Huawei support was useless.

radafus

Dec 27, 2012
i tried it then i got the code but when i write it and click commit i still end up with SN and IMEI are mismatched WTF?
btw i wasnt connected in the cloud until maybe a week so pls tell me that this has nothing to do with the fact that it didnt work.
PLS HELP

sarichter

Nov 4, 2011
Phoenix

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've successfully got a working bootloader code for my M5 and it worked. I am now running generic system image and it is working beautifully.
    For the record, I am owning a 10 inch M5 (not pro), 64 GB wifi-only version. Bought from official Huawei online store in China. I don't know if this would work on other versions but it is worth a try.

Note: The unlock service from Huawei will terminate on 23 July. It is highly recommended to get a bootloader code if you plan to use custom rom in the future.

Edit: Seems that images are missing. Here is the imgur album link: imgur.com/a/FaaGNkL
    I'll try to fix the images. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Requirements for getting the code
    1. A Huawei M5 tablet of cause. 3G or wifi version
    2. A desktop computer
    3. The tablet must login into Huawei cloud for at least 2 weeks

The final requirement is not listed in English version. I am not sure if that need to be fulfilled in English version or not.

Link to unlock form: emui.huawei.com/en/plugin/unlock/index
    (Sorry but XDA disallow me to post outside link. I would update this post once I got the permission)

================

1. Go to the link and login with the same account on your tablet
    2. Accept the terms
    3. Select "Since EMUI 5.0"
    4. The "smartphone" cannot be changed. It is by design (or a bug)

For 3G version owners, follow the instruction and fill in the form. I am not owning 3G version and therefore I could not proof if the form is working or not.

================
    For Wifi version, the process would be quite tricky.
    Seems that Huawei did not plan to make a new wifi-only tablet when designing this unlock web page. We could not skip IMEI field in this form.
    ...Unless we do some tricks.

This tutorial uses Firefox browser. Chrome does not have resend request feature which is required for our purpose.

Enter the following sequence in offical calculator App
    Code:
    ()()1357946()()

The displayed window should give you all information needed except the IMEI.

It is time for some tricks. Press F12 on your keyboard to bring up developer tools and navigate to Network panel.
    A7pFJTR

Enter some random number in IMEI field and submit the form. The submission should fail (no surprise) with reason "SN and IMEI are mismatched." and a request entry would be logged in the developer tools.

Inspect the request to check route and click Edit and Resend Button.
    zGYLvEK

Edit the Request body:
    1. Change needimei from 1 to 0
    2. Remove imei field (Remove imei=......&), rember to remove & symbol or the request would be invalid
    3. Update veri to new verification code in the window

The reuslt sould request body should look like this
    Code:
    before5=0&sn=YOUR_SERIAL_NUMBER&checkCode=SOME_NUMBER&veri=VERIFICATION_CODE&needimei=0&_form_key=c934efde48a3

kSusbkC

Click send and a new check request should show up in the developer tools panel. Inspect it and check the Response tab.
    The blacken part is the bootloader unlock code for your device.
    JwgPGv0

================
    I used this code for unlocking my device and it workes.
    XRkSE2u

Hope this guide helps!
    Not sure if it's mentioned elsewhere, but here's a WAY easier way to force the unlock form to work correctly.

Select "Since EMUI5.0", then in the url bar type:

Code:
    javascript:$('#model').val(unpt.wifiModel)

and it should force it to switch to WiFi tablet and work correctly. Just ignore the IMEI field and it'll submit and return the correct code.
    @pmj_pedro

look this : https://forum.xda-developers.com/mediapad-m5/how-to/huawei-mediapad-m5-install-magisk-t3795753

this work on all my huawei-devices
    and on all my huawei-devices in-comming huawei-ota-updates
    Important : only if stock-recovery installed you can install huawei-ota-updates
    if TWRP installed the Update stop in TWRP !
    (flash stock-recovery and re-run update)
    OR download Update with HFF and install with noCheckRecovery ( or with HuRUpdater : https://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-9/development/tool-flash-official-firmware-recovery-t3769279 )
    I've tried yesterday too and I'm stuck at : ``Inspect the request to check route and click Edit and Resend Button.``
    Not planning to root my tablet anytime soon but it will be nice to have an bootloader unlock code :)

Hi vibecatalin, I can tell you what I did to get past the place you are stuck at.

1. Before you press "Commit" on Huawei's web page you hit F12 on your keyboard which opens the Web Debugger on Firefox Browser. (I guess you past that point).

2. Next set the Web Debugger to "NETWORK" from the TABS that appear across the top of the Debugger window (towards the right side).

3. Now press "Commit" after the fields are filled as per
    holi0317's instructions ... (Dont forget to imput the 4 character verification code).

4. Next you will notice at the bottom of the Debugger window is a few enteries (in my case 2) . Click on the top entry and details will open to the right of the Window with the button ""Edit and Resend" somewhere towards the bottom.

5. Click on "Edit and Resend" button. This opens the "New Request Window".

6. Scroll to the bottom of the "New Request Window" and you will see the "Request Body" which is what I believe must be edited according to holi0317's instructions. Dont forget to update the 4 character verification code in the script because it changes after you pressed"Commit" earlier .

7. After you edit the script as per holi0317s instructions scroll to the top of the Debugger window and on the top right side is the New Request "Send" button. Click it !

8. Next, in the same Debugger window (Sligtly Above) you will see the TAB Button... "Response" ... click it and scroll down to see the Response Payload... This is where I believe our unlock code should be if it works... (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

This is were I am stuck... I get this message {"msg":imei_sn_mismatch"} . When I go to "Edit and Resend" again I see the original script was sent .... not my edited version..... If you can get past this point please let me know how to do it.

I am currently also trying to get the unlock code by paying 4 Euro and using the application DC-Unlocker. Apparently others have had success with this and its cheap enough to try.

Good Luck... :)
    I unlocked my tablet immediately after unboxing and it worked.