Getting bootloader unlock code from Huawei

Search This thread

pmj_pedro

Dec 20, 2014
I have had a further confusing development:-

IMPORTANT DEVELOPMENT

I was able to retrieve a Bootloader Unlock code from the Huawei Website yesterday using the script method before it was shut down.

But unfortunately the Unlock Code I got from the Huawei Website is completely different from the Unlock Code which I retrieved from DC-Unlocker.

The code retrieved from DC Unlocker is all Digits while the code from the Huawei Website is Digits and Characters.

This causes me a little concern.. I haven't tried either Unlock Code yet so I can't tell for sure which, if any, are correct.

On the XDA Developer website I have noticed some people have reported unlocking bootloaders with codes extracted with DC Unlocker and others claim the codes didn't work for them...

In my case I won't know for sure until I try and unlock the Bootloader on my M5. At present I am taking my time to collect and verify the needed components to root the device...

Hello
I am thinking in buy this tablet, if it can be unlock and root. Do you have any updates in what you got from huawei?

Reactions: arzbro

Ronin9876

Jul 20, 2018
Hello
I am thinking in buy this tablet, if it can be unlock and root. Do you have any updates in what you got from huawei?

Hi pmj_pedro

Sorry I am unable to help you at this time because I still haven't tested the unlock codes I have. So I still don't know if they are going to work or not. I understand Huawei has stopped giving out the unlock codes some weeks ago. I managed to get a code from their website just before it was shut down. Some people report success getting the unlock code from DC-Unlocker software (it costs 4 Euro) and successfully unlocking their device while others claim it didn't work for them. I suggest you contact XDA members who had posted success to check futher details. I personally don't plan to buy any more Huawei devices if they can't be unlocked. When I finally unlock my device I will contact you with whatever information I can provide. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you right now.

Reactions: pmj_pedro

JamesBott

Feb 2, 2011
Ansbach
@pmj_pedro

look this : https://xdaforums.com/mediapad-m5/how-to/huawei-mediapad-m5-install-magisk-t3795753

this work on all my huawei-devices
and on all my huawei-devices in-comming huawei-ota-updates
Important : only if stock-recovery installed you can install huawei-ota-updates
if TWRP installed the Update stop in TWRP !
(flash stock-recovery and re-run update)
OR download Update with HFF and install with noCheckRecovery ( or with HuRUpdater : https://xdaforums.com/honor-9/development/tool-flash-official-firmware-recovery-t3769279 )

CrazyPeter

Sep 1, 2010
DC unlocker worked on my European SHT-W09

4 euros well spent, and 4 euros that Huawei missed out on...

pmj_pedro

Dec 20, 2014
@pmj_pedro

look this : https://xdaforums.com/mediapad-m5/how-to/huawei-mediapad-m5-install-magisk-t3795753

OR download Update with HFF and install with noCheckRecovery ( or with HuRUpdater : https://xdaforums.com/honor-9/development/tool-flash-official-firmware-recovery-t3769279 )

I just find it wrong to have to pay to unlock the device. If I already paid for the device why do I need to pay even more (to a random person) to have my device unlock.
And probably a lot of people think like this, including developers.
For now I have not decided yet between this tablet or MI pad 4

But thanks for let me know that for now is possible

JamesBott

Feb 2, 2011
Ansbach
@pmj_pedro
we are all pay for devices !
if BL open - we are happy.
the question is - in next year i need new device.
if new huawei-device a "super-device" & huawei dont give us BL-unlock-code : "i am" dont pay huawei-devices !
that is very simple !

ronald_loulan

Apr 14, 2010
I just find it wrong to have to pay to unlock the device. If I already paid for the device why do I need to pay even more (to a random person) to have my device unlock.
And probably a lot of people think like this, including developers.
For now I have not decided yet between this tablet or MI pad 4

But thanks for let me know that for now is possible

I was thinking to buy mipad 4 or m5 pro last month.
In the end I'm using M5 pro now and replying this post.
Mipad 4 don't have gsm/wcdma which means only lte connection.
If you don't have lte coverage then no Internet connection.
The speakerw on m5 are pretty awesome, I would say m5 probably better in every aspect except development.
Need to pay to unlock means lesser people will unlock thus lesser development.

pmj_pedro

Dec 20, 2014
I was thinking to buy mipad 4 or m5 pro last month.
In the end I'm using M5 pro now and replying this post.
Mipad 4 don't have gsm/wcdma which means only lte connection.
If you don't have lte coverage then no Internet connection.
The speakerw on m5 are pretty awesome, I would say m5 probably better in every aspect except development.
Need to pay to unlock means lesser people will unlock thus lesser development.

How hard was to unlock the bootloader?
I am still deciding what tablet to choose from. I need a tablet that I can root to install a chroot linux ou a terminal, or change whatever I need. I don't own a laptop and I want a tablet to use as a laptop but also for Netflix.

ronald_loulan

Apr 14, 2010
How hard was to unlock the bootloader?
I am still deciding what tablet to choose from. I need a tablet that I can root to install a chroot linux ou a terminal, or change whatever I need. I don't own a laptop and I want a tablet to use as a laptop but also for Netflix.

In your case is better to get Snapdragon devices to get more development.
Huawei had shutdown the unlocking bootloader and kill the development.
The only way to unlock is to pay 3rd party around 5usd.

pmj_pedro

Dec 20, 2014
In your case is better to get Snapdragon devices to get more development.
Huawei had shutdown the unlocking bootloader and kill the development.
The only way to unlock is to pay 3rd party around 5usd.

I am aware of that. I tried the lenovo tab 4 but it felt laggy and slow when scrolling. The Mi Pad 4 doesn't have drm, so no netflix on HD.
I have been locking for a tablet sub 300£ but there is nothing. Mediapad m5 looked a excellent option, but than I can unlock or root it, at least not for sure

ronald_loulan

Apr 14, 2010
I am aware of that. I tried the lenovo tab 4 but it felt laggy and slow when scrolling. The Mi Pad 4 doesn't have drm, so no netflix on HD.
I have been locking for a tablet sub 300£ but there is nothing. Mediapad m5 looked a excellent option, but than I can unlock or root it, at least not for sure

You can unlock using 3rd party service but this definitely kills the development.
When less user unlock usually means less development.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've successfully got a working bootloader code for my M5 and it worked. I am now running generic system image and it is working beautifully.
    For the record, I am owning a 10 inch M5 (not pro), 64 GB wifi-only version. Bought from official Huawei online store in China. I don't know if this would work on other versions but it is worth a try.

Note: The unlock service from Huawei will terminate on 23 July. It is highly recommended to get a bootloader code if you plan to use custom rom in the future.

Edit: Seems that images are missing. Here is the imgur album link: imgur.com/a/FaaGNkL
    I'll try to fix the images. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Requirements for getting the code
    1. A Huawei M5 tablet of cause. 3G or wifi version
    2. A desktop computer
    3. The tablet must login into Huawei cloud for at least 2 weeks

The final requirement is not listed in English version. I am not sure if that need to be fulfilled in English version or not.

Link to unlock form: emui.huawei.com/en/plugin/unlock/index
    (Sorry but XDA disallow me to post outside link. I would update this post once I got the permission)

================

1. Go to the link and login with the same account on your tablet
    2. Accept the terms
    3. Select "Since EMUI 5.0"
    4. The "smartphone" cannot be changed. It is by design (or a bug)

For 3G version owners, follow the instruction and fill in the form. I am not owning 3G version and therefore I could not proof if the form is working or not.

================
    For Wifi version, the process would be quite tricky.
    Seems that Huawei did not plan to make a new wifi-only tablet when designing this unlock web page. We could not skip IMEI field in this form.
    ...Unless we do some tricks.

This tutorial uses Firefox browser. Chrome does not have resend request feature which is required for our purpose.

Enter the following sequence in offical calculator App
    Code:
    ()()1357946()()

The displayed window should give you all information needed except the IMEI.

It is time for some tricks. Press F12 on your keyboard to bring up developer tools and navigate to Network panel.
    A7pFJTR

Enter some random number in IMEI field and submit the form. The submission should fail (no surprise) with reason "SN and IMEI are mismatched." and a request entry would be logged in the developer tools.

Inspect the request to check route and click Edit and Resend Button.
    zGYLvEK

Edit the Request body:
    1. Change needimei from 1 to 0
    2. Remove imei field (Remove imei=......&), rember to remove & symbol or the request would be invalid
    3. Update veri to new verification code in the window

The reuslt sould request body should look like this
    Code:
    before5=0&sn=YOUR_SERIAL_NUMBER&checkCode=SOME_NUMBER&veri=VERIFICATION_CODE&needimei=0&_form_key=c934efde48a3

kSusbkC

Click send and a new check request should show up in the developer tools panel. Inspect it and check the Response tab.
    The blacken part is the bootloader unlock code for your device.
    JwgPGv0

================
    I used this code for unlocking my device and it workes.
    XRkSE2u

Hope this guide helps!
    Not sure if it's mentioned elsewhere, but here's a WAY easier way to force the unlock form to work correctly.

Select "Since EMUI5.0", then in the url bar type:

Code:
    javascript:$('#model').val(unpt.wifiModel)

and it should force it to switch to WiFi tablet and work correctly. Just ignore the IMEI field and it'll submit and return the correct code.
    @pmj_pedro

I've tried yesterday too and I'm stuck at : ``Inspect the request to check route and click Edit and Resend Button.``
    Not planning to root my tablet anytime soon but it will be nice to have an bootloader unlock code :)

Hi vibecatalin, I can tell you what I did to get past the place you are stuck at.

1. Before you press "Commit" on Huawei's web page you hit F12 on your keyboard which opens the Web Debugger on Firefox Browser. (I guess you past that point).

2. Next set the Web Debugger to "NETWORK" from the TABS that appear across the top of the Debugger window (towards the right side).

3. Now press "Commit" after the fields are filled as per
    holi0317's instructions ... (Dont forget to imput the 4 character verification code).

4. Next you will notice at the bottom of the Debugger window is a few enteries (in my case 2) . Click on the top entry and details will open to the right of the Window with the button ""Edit and Resend" somewhere towards the bottom.

5. Click on "Edit and Resend" button. This opens the "New Request Window".

6. Scroll to the bottom of the "New Request Window" and you will see the "Request Body" which is what I believe must be edited according to holi0317's instructions. Dont forget to update the 4 character verification code in the script because it changes after you pressed"Commit" earlier .

7. After you edit the script as per holi0317s instructions scroll to the top of the Debugger window and on the top right side is the New Request "Send" button. Click it !

8. Next, in the same Debugger window (Sligtly Above) you will see the TAB Button... "Response" ... click it and scroll down to see the Response Payload... This is where I believe our unlock code should be if it works... (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

This is were I am stuck... I get this message {"msg":imei_sn_mismatch"} . When I go to "Edit and Resend" again I see the original script was sent .... not my edited version..... If you can get past this point please let me know how to do it.

I am currently also trying to get the unlock code by paying 4 Euro and using the application DC-Unlocker. Apparently others have had success with this and its cheap enough to try.

Good Luck... :)
    I unlocked my tablet immediately after unboxing and it worked.