Getting Nexus One ADB/USB Mount working (Driver)

Search This thread

gryphin81

Nov 16, 2009
Download This file and extract.

hit Windows Key + r

Type in devmgmt.msc

right click on nexus one

click update

update from location on computer.

select that folder.

---------------Notes-------------
Be sure to enable debugging on your phone via Settings>Applications>Devlopment>USB debugging.

Confirmed working on:

Win 7 Ultimate x64/x86
Win 7 Home Edition x86?
Win Vista
XP Home x86
XP Pro x64/x86

Excellent instructions

uoY_redruM

May 1, 2010
Longwood, FL
Windows Encountered A Problem Installing The Driver Software
Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.
Android Composite ADB Interface
The Publisher of an Authenticode signed catalog has not yet been established as trusted.

Any information on correcting this??

confrontation

Feb 6, 2010
adb devices does not work. When I type 'adb devices', it says list of devices attached , I am running windows 7.

EDIT: Im a dumbass , i uninstalled the drivers via device manager because I install them from the folder on the desktop and now i cant reinstall from the C: drive. what can i do? , I realise I didnt need to do that I could have just moved the folder to the C: drive.

Rondrian

Jul 14, 2010
Ruhrpott
Hey there,

i've got a nice problem with the installation of the drivers in post #1.
My OS: Windows XP Pro SP4
My Problem: After installing these drivers my OS couldn't boot at all (no safe mode, no last known configuration, basically nothing worked for me)
The only thing, that could help me, was booting Win7 dvd and start automatic Systemrecovery....
My question: Is this a known issue on WinXP Pro?
Thanks a lot!
Rondrian
EDIT:
I've installed the drivers one more time and the OS didn't want a reboot...but: how can i use the adb commands? my dos-command window says "unknown command" whenever i type adb or adb devices... thanks

Last edited:

Wylker

Mar 29, 2010
Has anyone successfully gotten ADB to work on Virtual Box running Ubuntu 10.04 as a guest? I have win 7 x64 ultimate as the host, and when I either filter the nexus one device or try to manually pass it to the guest, it locks up and/or freaks out that the device is busy. I can't get it to grab the N1 at all..

Suatae

Mar 4, 2009
Thanks!

WOW!! Thank you. I've been looking everywhere for this solution. I can root and use CM6 now:D

slowfuze

Nov 25, 2008
I was struggling with same problem today - I had a rule that I swear worked when I was on stock rom. Anyhow I had to add an extra line to the udev rule file
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666", OWNER="myuser"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}=="18d1", MODE="0666", OWNER="myuser"

Basically I found the vendor id 18d1 by typing "dmesg" as root after plugging in the nexus one (running cyanogenmod 6) - the owner portion isn't necessary but can be usefull I believe (found it in another post)

zaphman

Aug 12, 2010
VID and PID

I'm only curious around lsusb and its outcome when its supposed to work, i.e. the ADB interface (USB debugging) enabled in phone.

I've been searching and reading and trying all the tips on the net. Nothing works for me. I'm starting to think the ADB never kicks in on the phone :confused: The notification bar says "USB Debugging connected". (I have no problem having the phone act as a mass storage.) I actually did a factory reset prior of this post, just to be sure....

In my Nexus ONE, I connect the phone to my (Ubuntu) computer via the USB data cable (I've tested a number of those as well). USB Debugging is enabled:

Code:
$ lsusb
:
Bus 001 Device 005: ID [B]18d1:4e11[/B]
:

18d1 is the vendor ID for the Nexus ONE phone. I think a previous batch may have had another id.

In my mind I imagine to see another 18d1 mode, probably 18d1:4e12, when debugging is enabled. This assumption from looking into the android_winusb.inf from the windows drivers, and hints from other forum and threads.

If i turn off debugging exactly the same result is given. So again, enabling USB Debugging does not seem to "kick" the new 18d1:4e12 device....

Can anybody (having ADB running) run the lsusb command and post the result. Both with and without USB debugging enabled. Maybe with any other USB mode enabled.

Oh, by the way, enabling USB Tethering actually puts the phone in a 18d1:4e13 mode when running lsusb. So the phone can act in different modes...

Thanks in advance...
----
Nexus ONE 2.2 FRF91.

Last edited:

auato

Feb 14, 2010
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

No debug mode active:
USB mass memory works well

Debug mode active:
a new item appears in management devices but the device "Nexus One" not recognized

I already tried to install x86 and/or AMD64 but I don't succeed (drivers not recognized by my OS Win 7 64bit Home premium).

Any suggestion?

Thank you

zaphman

Aug 12, 2010
Help from someone having ADB enabled

Please, look at #129. I really would like somebody having ADB working (in Linux) post the output from the commands below. Both without USB Debugging enabled (under Settings->Application->Development). Just attach the phone using your USB cable and run the commands from a terminal window.

Preferable using a Nexus One. But hey, any device could help. I want to see if different PIDs are seen without and with USB enabled (which should say my ADB is broken in my Nexus ONE and Froyo :( )

Code:
$ lsusb

and also

Code:
$ lsusb -v

And look for bNumInterfaces. I'm expecting to see 2 when USB debugging is enabled, 1 otherwise. Does this hold?

FYI: Whenever a a USB device is attached to the USB bus, it announces itself using a VID (Vendor ID) and a PID (Product ID). To ensure you're looking at your Android device, run the commands both with and without your device attached, and look for the differences in the output.

-----
Model Number: Nexus One
Android Version: 2.2
Baseband Version: 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-27227-g3c98b0d [email protected] #1
Build number: FRF91

athornz

Feb 27, 2010
Auckland
www.josh-burton.com
Hey guys I'm having some major problems getting adb working with my nexus and windows 7 x64.

I have google for hours and nothing works.

I can get a driver installed, and under Android Phone it says Android ADB Interface.

Is this the same as Android Composite ADB interface that I see people talking about?

zaphman

Aug 12, 2010
At least you get something recognized. Look under driver details (in Device manger) and tell me your PID and VID (Hardware details I think the drop-down menu says)

Do you have an exclamation/question mark next to your "Android ADB interface". If so... right click and select to "upgrade" the driver. Don't let the system search for a driver. Instead make sure you point to you usb_driver folder installed by the Android SDK.

athornz

Feb 27, 2010
Auckland
www.josh-burton.com
I have never seen an ! mark next to anything to do with my phone in the device manager, its always been recognised as usb mass storage.

I am trying it again on my work pc now and I can't even get it to come up as ADB interface. It shows up as USB Mass Storage Device, Portable Devices, and Disk Drives.

The PID is 4E11 and the VID is 18D1

Thanks for your help.

athornz

Feb 27, 2010
Auckland
www.josh-burton.com
Seems to me like its an issue on my phone and not with Windows.

I disabled automatic driver installation, deleted all drivers and manually installed the drivers in this post, and it all went fine. I again only have Android ADB interface, and a empty device list.

Does the phone need to be rooted?

stevefwt

Dec 17, 2009
Seems to me like its an issue on my phone and not with Windows.

I disabled automatic driver installation, deleted all drivers and manually installed the drivers in this post, and it all went fine. I again only have Android ADB interface, and a empty device list.

Does the phone need to be rooted?

When uninstalling the ADBdevice, check the box that says remove software. Plug the N1 back in and it will install the correct USB mass storage drivers.

Eff knows why?

eAiur

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto
Having problems getting this working,
Windows 7x64 Home Premium

Driver is installed, Android ADB Interface is showing up in my Device Manager under Android Phone.
Nexus One is in USB Debugging mode

In the command prompt, I'm in the folder where adb.exe is located, adb-windows devices comes up with a not recognized message, adb devices doesn't show any.

Any thoughts?

eAiur

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto
Android ADB interface won't work, you need Android ADB Composite Interface.

Have a look at this thread - http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=9437 (Removed link due to new user restriction)

I remember actually having Android Composite ADB Interface in the device manager, when installing from the drivers in the OP, would that be the same?

Problem is, the way I was able to install it was through the Add Legacy Hardware option, and once that was installed, it gave an error "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

Edit: Decided to try dual booting Ubuntu, see if I could get it working on there
Somehow installing it to a second drive corrupted the MBR on my primary, was a hell of a job fixing it

Still unable to get the ADB Composite Interface working

Last edited:

nimadesign

Jun 27, 2008
Installs on Windows 7 Ultimate, but I cannot use InstallAPK with this driver, while I was using this application with HTC BootLoader driver... Any comments?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download This file and extract.

hit Windows Key + r

Type in devmgmt.msc

right click on nexus one

click update

update from location on computer.

select that folder.

---------------Notes-------------
    Be sure to enable debugging on your phone via Settings>Applications>Devlopment>USB debugging.

Confirmed working on:

Win 7 Ultimate x64/x86
    Win 7 Home Edition x86?
    Win Vista
    XP Home x86
    XP Pro x64/x86