Getting Nexus One ADB/USB Mount working (Driver)

Search This thread

eAiur

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto
I've noticed my N1 is still registering as VID_18D1&PID_4E11 when in USB Debugging Mode
And it's refusing to install the ADB Composite Interface, only installing the ADB Interface.

Edit: Got it working, downgraded to ERE27, worked instantly afterwards

Last edited:

smachine

Oct 7, 2010
Would this allow the use of a USB DAC/amp? Im looking to try and get a Pico Slim mini amp connected to the nexus via line out to get improved sound quality out of the N1. The built in chip in the n1 has poor quality from the 3.5mm jack when compared to my zune hd.

athornz

Feb 27, 2010
Auckland
www.josh-burton.com
Have you tried manually installing the driver? I had to find in the device manager the Mass USB Storage device for my nexus, right click, update driver, and point it to the location of the usb_driver folder in the sdk.

eAiur

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto
Yep, that's the only way I do install the driver.

When I plug it in first time, it installs as a Mass Storage Device, when I uninstall the ADB driver, I check delete driver from system, so it goes back to being a mass storage device

eAiur

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto
Possibly
I'm not using the stock recovery (but stock rom), so I had to use a repack.
It did say it failed, but then when I rebooted the phone, Build Info said it was FRG83

athornz

Feb 27, 2010
Auckland
www.josh-burton.com
Sounds exactly like the issue I had. My nexus was failing to flash the boot but flashing everything else. The issue was there were some corrupted sectors in the boot partition, so it wasn't big enough to flash the boot into.

I had to flash the korean FRF91 which has a larger boot parition, then flash FRG83, and it worked.

Give that a go.

eAiur

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto
Thanks for that

I got the KR rom, now it's in korean and saying it's up to date
I'm gonna try manually updating with this build, see if it works

Edit:
Restored back to stock FRF91, and flashed CyanogenMod Nightly build 188 (2010-10-05 00:15:22)

Android ADB Composite Interface works again

Last edited:

flocool

Sep 18, 2008
Lyon
It works well on my win7 64bits, but during the day I'm on my office laptop, running on Win2k ... I tried to install those drivers but it doesn't work. Any suggestion or feedback??

wupuck

Nov 19, 2010
Extraordinarily frustrated

Made the mistake of updating my phone to FRG83"D" after getting a wiped Nexus One from the HTC repair center.

Now USB Driver that i find on the internet does not work on my windows 7.

This was perfectly fine on the FRG83 but the last system update makes it so i can't root my phone.

I'm not finding any answers here, has anyone had any luck getting windows 7 to "see" their Nexus One w/ FRG83D? Let alone rooting it from this version?

gstadt

Jan 21, 2009
Made the mistake of updating my phone to FRG83"D" after getting a wiped Nexus One from the HTC repair center.

Now USB Driver that i find on the internet does not work on my windows 7.

This was perfectly fine on the FRG83 but the last system update makes it so i can't root my phone.

I'm not finding any answers here, has anyone had any luck getting windows 7 to "see" their Nexus One w/ FRG83D? Let alone rooting it from this version?

[Can't post the location (not enough posts) but if you go to the android developers (type android adb) site you can find it in the Android SDK section]

This is the location for the official current USB driver. Just drop in the android-SDK-windows file location. Delete all the Nexus One drivers through Devices manager using USBDeview (run as administrator) and manually update the driver through Device Manager.

Took me ages to realize that 'adb.exe' is in 'platform-tools' not 'tools' when changing to the right directory through cmd :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download This file and extract.

hit Windows Key + r

Type in devmgmt.msc

right click on nexus one

click update

update from location on computer.

select that folder.

---------------Notes-------------
    Be sure to enable debugging on your phone via Settings>Applications>Devlopment>USB debugging.

Confirmed working on:

Win 7 Ultimate x64/x86
    Win 7 Home Edition x86?
    Win Vista
    XP Home x86
    XP Pro x64/x86