Getting root

Search This thread

Zobat

• Dec 20, 2010
    OnePlus 7
    Im on 11.02

if i boot a twrp via fastboot my phone hangs on fastboot and if i flash a patched bootfile the booting process does not end. It hangs on the bootanimation, though i can login te phone with adb shell and even get root. Im looking for a twrp that boots up in fastboot i guess. Anyone outhere that recognizes this and knows how to deal with this?

strongst

Senior Moderator / Developer Committee
    Staff member
  • Im on 11.02

if i boot a twrp via fastboot my phone hangs on fastboot and if i flash a patched bootfile the booting process does not end. It hangs on the bootanimation, though i can login te phone with adb shell and even get root. Im looking for a twrp that boots up in fastboot i guess. Anyone outhere that recognizes this and knows how to deal with this?
    Hello, you should mention what TWRP exactly you're trying to boot

Reactions: Oswald Boelcke

strongst

Staff member
    Reactions: Zobat

Zobat

• Dec 20, 2010
    OnePlus 7
    Which TWRP did you used in the past or is this the first time you want to install TWRP permanently?
    I upgraded to android 11. I lost twrp somewhere in the process. I miss the option to directly patch the running kernel/bootimage in magisk-manager. Maybe i should look for an older version of MagiskManager.

strongst

Staff member
  • I upgraded to android 11. I lost twrp somewhere in the process. I miss the option to directly patch the running kernel/bootimage in magisk-manager. Maybe i should look for an older version of MagiskManager.
    Can you post the console output of your PC which shows the steps to boot the TWRP?
    Which magisk version do you have in place?
    Are you asked to enter a pin from the lockscreen security?

Zobat

• Dec 20, 2010
    OnePlus 7
    Can you post the console output of your PC which shows the steps to boot the TWRP?
    Which magisk version do you have in place?
    Are you asked to enter a pin from the lockscreen security?

downloading 'boot.img'...
    OKAY [ 1.214s]
    booting...
    OKAY [ 0.123s]
    finished. total time: 1.337s

Then it hangs in fastboot. I just removed the pinlock and flashed my magisk patched image again. I can login via adb and get root, but the setup does not finish.
    I flash my unpatched boot.img again and all is well. No root off course.
    Im using the latest magisk app: 22.1

Last edited:

strongst

Staff member
  • downloading 'boot.img'...
    OKAY [ 1.214s]
    booting...
    OKAY [ 0.123s]
    finished. total time: 1.337s

Then it hangs in fastboot. I just removed the pinlock and flashed my magisk patched image again. I can login via adb and get root, but the setup does not finish.
    I flash my unpatched boot.img again and all is well. No root off course.
    Im using the latest magisk app: 22.1
    You used the command
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp-3.4.0-10--guacamole-unified-Q-mauronofrio.img
    ?

imranhashmi76

May 6, 2021
    Malaysia
    Hey can someone share the Cons of root, because this is very first time when I will install Custom ROOM on my mobile phone, or another thing I wanna ask, is it compulsory to install custom ROOM after rooting my device, I just need root permission for some sort of APPS that needs root access. jbbattery spain

markkhan

May 6, 2021
    Pakistan
    www.packageslab.com
    Hey can someone share the Cons of root, because this is very first time when I will install Custom ROOM on my mobile phone, or another thing I wanna ask, is it compulsory to install custom ROOM after rooting my device, I just need root permission for some sort of APPS that needs root access.
    Hey brp about the cons i don't have much idea but the second question, If you don't wanna install custom root then no problem you can still with your original Software, there is no any condition to install custom rom with root file.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone