• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Getting Sky Go to work on Amazon fire tv stick

Search This thread

rtyall

Jul 2, 2014
Hi, I've got a fire tv stick with the latest updates, I can't get sky go to work on it.
The latest versions errors and says device is incompatible. I've tried 4.1.3 & 4.1.5 and they both error failing to find network, despite being connected via wifi. I've cleared cache and data, rebooted, no joy. Anyone have any ideas?

callanish

Mar 5, 2015
I don't believe you'll find an answer to this one. Sky blocked this only recently with their latest update. Going back to a previous version and you'll get a notification telling you to upgrade. For a time, the older Fire tv and stick worked with sky go while the fire tv 2 was blocked. They've caught on to that, so I've had to revert back to my windows 10 Intel Nuc to get sky go working on a big screen tv. Shame really, because it was so convenient and worked well on the Amazon Fire devices.

rtyall

Jul 2, 2014
I don't believe you'll find an answer to this one. Sky blocked this only recently with their latest update. Going back to a previous version and you'll get a notification telling you to upgrade. For a time, the older Fire tv and stick worked with sky go while the fire tv 2 was blocked. They've caught on to that, so I've had to revert back to my windows 10 Intel Nuc to get sky go working on a big screen tv. Shame really, because it was so convenient and worked well on the Amazon Fire devices.
Oh right, thanks for explaining the issue. ingers crossed someone comesup with a workaround for it.

munkie101

Oct 19, 2016
Oh right, thanks for explaining the issue. ingers crossed someone comesup with a workaround for it.

I was working on this for a solid 3 weeks and shamefully accepted defeat.
went so far as modifying the build properties to publish itself as a mobile phone, virtually hiding the HDMI adapter etc. I've come to the conclusion that the apps DRM checks the rom itself. no amount of spoofing works.