Getting some Cyanogen settings on Free X10

Search This thread

bleached45

Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
First off, I want to say that I did not create any of the files I have posted, ALL credit goes to zdzihu and TripNRaVer for creating both of these awesome roms.

If either of you two have a problem with me posting this please let me know, I will take it down.

Ok, I'm not that experienced with android, so if something doesn't work for you I can't see myself being that useful. :eek:

Note: This was done on zdzihu's Free X10 Beta 3 using some of the .apks from TripNRaVer's Cyanogen Mod ROM.
EDIT: Works for Beta 4 as well.

ehmi has modified the services.jar to allow the notifications to be changed.
go here for the updated version.

Thanks to XperiaX10iUser for an easier way to install this.
1: Backup your system with xRecovery (in my opinion this should ALWAYS be done before replacing/changing any settings/.apks you or your phone may find important).
2: Download .zip here. (Dead link, use ehmi's version)
3: Install with xRecovery as custom .zip

It seems that the status bar and notification text color can't be changed in the menu, BUT the clock CAN be changed to any color you like. So far all the other settings I have tried work.

Again: ALL I did was take the .apks from TripNRaVer's ROM, all credit goes to him and zdzihu.

... Ok... maybe this would have been better posted in the X10 android development forum :p

The attached file is just for reference now (The attached .zip will not work in xRecovery, it is a plain old zip file).

Just use XperiaX10iUser's method (thanks again) as it is better.

Attachments

• Cyanogen_Settings_for_Free_X10.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,981
Last edited:

SXUsr

Jul 11, 2010
Here =)
Thanks for this, white clock at last. :) I've made a xRecovery file with all the apks and tested it and so far so good, clock has held after a reboot.

Download CM_Settings.zip via Mediafire

Reactions: bleached45

bleached45

Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Thanks for this, white clock at last. :) I've made a xRecovery file with all the apks and tested it and so far so good, clock has held after a reboot.

Ah, thank you for that, this is my first time contributing anything of value to the x10 community, so I wasn't sure how to create an updatable.zip.

I'll change my instructions to include your simpler method to install.

depulle87

Nov 25, 2010
The ZIP file for xrecovery works fine thanks for that, but it seems i can not make my phone faster with the preformance settings any ideas ?

bleached45

Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
The ZIP file for xrecovery works fine thanks for that, but it seems i can not make my phone faster with the preformance settings any ideas ?

Make sure JIT is enabled, dithering will make gradients smoother, but slow down your phone. I'm not sure how locking things into memory will affect benchmarks. And I hear that changing the VM heap size can speed things up (booting at least) but that is beyond me and I will not pretend to know what I am talking about here.

Also, after you make a change in there you have to reboot.

I turned dithering on and actually lowered my quadrant score, but my gradients do seem nicer.

lightyear420

Oct 16, 2010
cmversiontable.png

Zocker Tko

May 8, 2010
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
LG G6
hi, thanks but what is all working in cm settings?

for me at the moment

- change color of clock
- render-effect
- 180 degree
- overscroll
- percent in battery

i cant change the color of statusbar in black for example

edit:input settings-lockscreen settings worked too

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off, I want to say that I did not create any of the files I have posted, ALL credit goes to zdzihu and TripNRaVer for creating both of these awesome roms.

If either of you two have a problem with me posting this please let me know, I will take it down.

Ok, I'm not that experienced with android, so if something doesn't work for you I can't see myself being that useful. :eek:

Note: This was done on zdzihu's Free X10 Beta 3 using some of the .apks from TripNRaVer's Cyanogen Mod ROM.
    EDIT: Works for Beta 4 as well.

ehmi has modified the services.jar to allow the notifications to be changed.
    go here for the updated version.

Thanks to XperiaX10iUser for an easier way to install this.
    1: Backup your system with xRecovery (in my opinion this should ALWAYS be done before replacing/changing any settings/.apks you or your phone may find important).
    2: Download .zip here. (Dead link, use ehmi's version)
    3: Install with xRecovery as custom .zip

It seems that the status bar and notification text color can't be changed in the menu, BUT the clock CAN be changed to any color you like. So far all the other settings I have tried work.

Again: ALL I did was take the .apks from TripNRaVer's ROM, all credit goes to him and zdzihu.

... Ok... maybe this would have been better posted in the X10 android development forum :p

The attached file is just for reference now (The attached .zip will not work in xRecovery, it is a plain old zip file).

Just use XperiaX10iUser's method (thanks again) as it is better.