• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ghost touch and phone goes nuts on 12.0.8.0

Search This thread

aftabbabar

Nov 13, 2010
I have updated my poco x3 nfc to 12.0.8.0 a couple of weeks ago and since 2 days, my phone goes nuts everyone once in while. all the sudden apps begin to open up randomly, so fast that the screen flickers. it seems like some one is touching the screen at 100 miles per hour. some setting gets changed and apps get messed up with different configurations. all happens fast and randomly. it has happened 3 times already and i had to restart the phone to get it in functioning mode again. just now my phone experienced ghost touch but in a very slow and mild way. i could not use my gesture controls correctly and when i would type , 2 letters would type in at the same time or a wrong letter all together. this has been happening for 3 days in a row now. I have restarted the phone, scanned for viruses, cleared the chache and optimized the phone.
please explain this phenomenon and how i can correct it?
thanks in advance

Noter2017

Dec 10, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Xiaomi Mi Band 4
I have updated my poco x3 nfc to 12.0.8.0 a couple of weeks ago and since 2 days, my phone goes nuts everyone once in while. all the sudden apps begin to open up randomly, so fast that the screen flickers. it seems like some one is touching the screen at 100 miles per hour. some setting gets changed and apps get messed up with different configurations. all happens fast and randomly. it has happened 3 times already and i had to restart the phone to get it in functioning mode again. just now my phone experienced ghost touch but in a very slow and mild way. i could not use my gesture controls correctly and when i would type , 2 letters would type in at the same time or a wrong letter all together. this has been happening for 3 days in a row now. I have restarted the phone, scanned for viruses, cleared the chache and optimized the phone.
thanks in advance
MIUI 12.0.8.0 based on Android 10 or Android 11?

rony raj

May 1, 2016
N0WH3R3 1N S9A)E
thanks in advance
this is kernel bug
try to change boot img old one by fastboot
try a custom kernel unlock your phone
how ???
google or xda it

Frasp

Oct 16, 2010
Got the new EU android 11 update and hoped the issue would be resolved. It was not, so now I'm looking into warranty to see if they'll do something with the screen...