• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Ghost Touch Fix (Not Entirely) - FTS Panel

Search This thread

GeeHiJoe

Jun 5, 2018
Anyone on MIUI 11 Stable Pie with latest twisted nightly? Or is Android Q a must? Sorry if the question is repetitive. Desperate.

Update: Tested it and it didn't work. Went with CrDroid and twisted nightly. Haven't experienced any ghost touches so far.

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

New question. With MIUI I could flash a Magisk module called unthermal. Is there anything like that for custom roms?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since most of us are pulling their hair out trying to fix this issue. I'd like to share what I did to my Poco F1.

Believe me, I tried everything and nothing works with the FTS panel. So I found a workaround and this is more of blocking the area where ghost touch occurs. It's like creating a DEAD ZONE.

UPDATE: Here's what I use.
    - MIUI 10.3.7.0
    - POCOF1Global_9.5.25-ven-firm.zip
    - kernel-beryllium_global_9.5.25-ak2.zip
    - FDE.AI Module from Magisk (search and install it directly in Magisk)
    - Build.prop
    persist.service.lgospd.enable=0
    persist.service.pcsync.enable=0
    ro.ril.enable.a52=1
    ro.ril.enable.a53=0

debug.sf.hw=1
    video.accelerate.hw=1
    debug.egl.profiler=1
    debug.egl.hw=1

persist.sys.ui.hw=1
    view.scroll_friction=10
    debug.composition.type=gpu
    debug.performance.tuning=1

touch.deviceType=touchScreen
    touch.orientationAware=1
    touch.size.calibration=diameter
    touch.size.scale=100
    touch.size.bias=0
    touch.size.isSummed=0
    touch.pressure.calibration=physical
    touch.pressure.scale=0.001
    touch.orientation.calibration=none
    touch.distance.calibration=none
    touch.distance.scale=0
    touch.coverage.calibration=box
    touch.gestureMode=spots

MultitouchSettleInterval=1ms
    MultitouchMinDistance=1px
    TapInterval=1ms
    TapSlop=1px
    *Much better build. I even forgot to apply my dead zone and still played flawlessly.

How to create a DEAD ZONE:
    1. Install Partial Screen PRO (it's a touch blocker). You can find it on play store. There's a free one but expires within 3 days.
    2. Download the Notch Killer v2 module and install it in your Magisk. Reboot.
    3. Go to developers options, simulate a display cutout and select 'Notch Killer'. (Why notch killer? Partial Screen doesn't use the notch space where ghost touch occurs. Notch killer will force it to use the space.)
    4. Open Partial Screen, Apply permissions (You can cancel the auto analysis by pressing double back.)
    5. Add Manual Region and create an area on your Notch. You can adjust it as you like, change color, or make it transparent at Area Manager.
    6. Start Manual Service
    7. PROFIT.

*Please take note that this build and workaround will NOT FIX the ghost touches entirely but will minimize it greatly.
    Did you try the Miroom ROM based on Android 10? The one that has root by magisk and arter 11 by default?
    No. That sounds more like a port and I'm not that eager to get android 10 just yet.
    Revisited, hey OP and everyone here, how is the miui 10.3.8.0 and 11.0.5 miui global, any improvements?

I tried 11.0.5 miui global tonight and the problem is gone. Only problem is I don't want to be on miui, so I hope somebody finds a way to extract those drivers and put in custom kernels/ROMs.
    Use it free!

Since most of us is pulling their hair out trying to fix this issue. I'd like to share what I did to my PocoF1.

Believe me, I tried everything and nothing really works with FTS panel. So, this is more of a blocking the area where ghost touch occurs. It's like creating a DEAD ZONE.

I'm using the latest Global MIUI with Latest Optimus Drunk Kernel (use this to minimize the ghost touch and will make it occur only at the notch) and Magisk installed.

1. Install Partial Screen (it's a touch blocker). You can find this on play store and it's not free. (Believe me, it's more worth it than buying a new display panel)
    2. Download the Notch Killer v2 module and install it in your Magisk. Reboot.
    3. Go to developers options, simulate a display cutout and select 'Notch Killer'. (Why notch killer? Partial Screen doesn't use the notch space where ghost touch occurs. Notch killer will force it to use the space.)
    4. Open Partial Screen, Apply permissions (You can cancel the auto analysis by pressing double back.)
    5. Add Manual Region and create an area on your Notch. You can adjust it as you like, change color, or make it transparent at Area Manager.
    6. Start Manual Service
    7. PROFIT.

There you go. That's how I enjoy my games now. And it's pretty amazing that Notification is still accessible through notch even tho I blocked it.

I am using your guide. It seems my problem is solved 80℅. I will update my post after some day and experience

But there is no need to buy this app. The free version can be useful as well.
    After three days without a single ghost touch I'm declaring twisted to be the savior of my phone.
    Join Nightly release channel with telegram: @tknightly
    Get the latest build Twisted-F1-Q-NVT10.3.7-V12-B1005.
    Merry Christmas to all!