Ghost Touch issue => Factory Warranty

Search This thread

Aelliaria

Jul 14, 2016
Eindhoven
Hello all,

So I know there already is a lot of writing and saying about the screen freeze en ghost touche issue we have, but I wanted to share my experience.

I have had both problems, (FTS panel) the first 4 - 5 months there were no problems what so ever but then the problems started. The screen freezes where fixed with new firmware and custom kernels ect. but ghost touches where minimal but still present and very noticeable when playing games. So in the end I decided to send my phone back to the official Xiaomi seller here in the Netherlands where I bought the phone because of the 2 years factory warranty

A little side node: Because I live in the Netherlands I'm lucky that we have strict rules ect. to protect the buyer so it was annoying that I missed my phone but I knew there would be a solution.

So the official Xiaomi seller returned the phone to the supplier (Xiaomi) for repair, and after 5 weeks (and a lot of "angry" phone calles and e-mails from me to the Xiaomi seller because of this long waiting period) I finally got a phone call with the answer; because of the 2 year warranty they just gave me a brand new Pocophone F1, so instead of replacing the screen or anything they just gave me a brand new phone. So I decided to give the Pocophone 1 more change (again an FTS panel), currently waiting so I can unluck my bootloader again. If the screen freezes are present on this phone i'm just going to ask my money back and will probably go for an OnePlus 7T or Huawei mate 30 pro (because of the unlocked bootloader). So we will see what the future brings ;).

If the screen feezes wil start on this phone I will update this post. But until then, good luck to all of you ;)

Reactions: Foreal_Bruh

Andro Syr

Jun 14, 2017
I bought mine from Germany " Mediamarkt" after around 5 months couldn't stand the touch screen issue any more, return it to repair, the offered to give me my money back, but i choose to replace to new phone but with NVT panel, and since then no problems at all.
It is a good phone, the only complain is the lazy Xiaomi Developer.

PPPon

Jun 14, 2017
Yeah me too. I'm about to send my Poco this week for repair before the warranty ends. Really sad that this great phone have so much issues!

Chatrachus

Aug 27, 2018
I have also ghost touches at the top of the notch. I tried everything. Every update, every ROM, every kernel but ghost touch have been there. I lock my phone again and i sent it through warranty to service. They said me about 10 business days! Today is the 5th business day.
I really really hope to bring me a new device or my money back.

bamz1117

May 4, 2015
Philippians 3:16
Ghost touch issues has been fixed already with open beta to Global stable .. .but i would recommend to unclocked bootloader and install OOS rom the 6T 9.0.13 @CodeElixir stable build ..The rom is amazing for gaming and good battery battery back up , no ghost touch issues ..of course supports anxcam and gcam 7.0 good for photography .. well it depends on your preferences..Good luck ! hope this might be help...:)

Note: Clean install is recommended...

Last edited:

driver_host

Mar 27, 2012
Ghost touch issues has been fixed already with open beta to Global stable .. .but i would recommend to unclocked bootloader and install OOS rom the 6T 9.0.13 @CodeElixir stable build ..The rom is amazing for gaming and good battery battery back up , no ghost touch issues ..of course supports anxcam and gcam 7.0 good for photography .. well it depends on your preferences..Good luck ! hope this might be help...:)

Note: Clean install is recommended...

please,
link for oos 9.0.13?
tank-you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,

So I know there already is a lot of writing and saying about the screen freeze en ghost touche issue we have, but I wanted to share my experience.

I have had both problems, (FTS panel) the first 4 - 5 months there were no problems what so ever but then the problems started. The screen freezes where fixed with new firmware and custom kernels ect. but ghost touches where minimal but still present and very noticeable when playing games. So in the end I decided to send my phone back to the official Xiaomi seller here in the Netherlands where I bought the phone because of the 2 years factory warranty

A little side node: Because I live in the Netherlands I'm lucky that we have strict rules ect. to protect the buyer so it was annoying that I missed my phone but I knew there would be a solution.

So the official Xiaomi seller returned the phone to the supplier (Xiaomi) for repair, and after 5 weeks (and a lot of "angry" phone calles and e-mails from me to the Xiaomi seller because of this long waiting period) I finally got a phone call with the answer; because of the 2 year warranty they just gave me a brand new Pocophone F1, so instead of replacing the screen or anything they just gave me a brand new phone. So I decided to give the Pocophone 1 more change (again an FTS panel), currently waiting so I can unluck my bootloader again. If the screen freezes are present on this phone i'm just going to ask my money back and will probably go for an OnePlus 7T or Huawei mate 30 pro (because of the unlocked bootloader). So we will see what the future brings ;).

If the screen feezes wil start on this phone I will update this post. But until then, good luck to all of you ;)