Ghost Touch while Charging!!

Search This thread

antonio.fenzz

May 8, 2013
Started using Moto G4 Plus since yesterday and I'm seeing this weird problem. Phone works perfectly fine with no issues but whenever I charge the device, I'm experiencing ghost touch and severe lags. Unable to control the touch and it works fine when its not under charging. Tried different charger and still the same problem. Anyone experiencing the same problem? Should I go for replacement? Please let me know.

Last edited:
Y

yeshwanthvshenoy

Started using Moto G4 Plus since yesterday and I'm seeing this weird problem. Phone works perfectly fine with no issues but whenever I charge the device, I'm experiencing ghost touch and severe lags. Unable to control the touch and it works fine when its not under charging. Tried different charger and still the same problem. Anyone experiencing the same problem? Should I go for replacement? Please let me know.

Surely, I don't have that issue. While charging, my device gets a bit hot but never had any touch issues. Touch and display are the best part of this device so I would recommend you go for a replacement.

jsg007

Mar 29, 2011

Same issues on my new Moto G4 Plus while using the default turbo charger. Used another charger and no issues yet. Thinking of replacement.

Z

zeomal

This occurs with a charger that supplies current at 2A for me. Ground the charger, or use a lesser amperage charger, and the phone works fine. The problem is with the charger, and not the phone. I believe you will face the same problem if you replace the phone. You can't get it fixed with a charger replacement either.

Of course, that is no justification for the issue.

Last edited:

Sunderesh

Jan 4, 2016
Hyderabad
I got my g4+ just yesterday the only problem I'm having with it is that it gets extremely hot while charging for evn 10mins so I changed back to my old Sony charger n it's working just fine no heating issues while over iseage or gaming(online MC4) or charging either....
But it problem is different....
Still I suggest u to try using a 1A or 2A Sony or Samsung charger n it shld b fine....I guess

Reactions: sirtbhopal

Debjoy01

Apr 22, 2016
Kolkata
atdebjoy.com
can someone explain what is ghost touch & i really don't get the point what does it mean.
just planning to buy this device in this week.
It means when we connect the given(turbo) charger to phone....the phone starts to take random touches on the screen ( till the phone is locked and reopened) The frequency of the touches are so high that we can't even open the settings menu..... It seems like this issue is with only few unlucky ones, better to replace the phone at service centre!

Reactions: joshfire2007

deepj

Nov 26, 2014
same issue for my g4 plus too.

I also reported this issue to moto forum, i was not aware it is ghost touch.
forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G4-Moto-G4-Plus/Devcie-is-getting-stuck-in-Notification-Blink-Screen/m-p/3348744#M983

forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G4-Moto-G4-Plus/moto-g4-plus-charging-issue/td-p/3337242

Is this bug in device or charger issue ?

I am facing this issue when connecting device to laptop using usb cable.

going to format device and check again if this is present or not, any one already tried this?

Last edited:
Reactions: Megacurco

Karthik_pm

Jun 17, 2015
Chennai
[/COLOR]
This happens only if you're using a duplicate charger, try charging your device with other branded chargers like samsung, asus and check if the problem is resolved. if the problem is resolved, replace charger. cheers

joshfire2007

Apr 2, 2012
Chennai
forum.xda-developers.com
It means when we connect the given(turbo) charger to phone....the phone starts to take random touches on the screen ( till the phone is locked and reopened) The frequency of the touches are so high that we can't even open the settings menu..... It seems like this issue is with only few unlucky ones, better to replace the phone at service centre!

Thanks for info @Debjoy01 but luckily i haven't faced this issuse

can you help me on this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=67363687&postcount=77

Reactions: hbpro

sandzredz

Apr 4, 2014
Mee too having the same issue..

zazzy24

Aug 1, 2013
hows heating issue when using a camera??i heard that it heats like a hot bowl??please reply me
Its pretty bad. Its not just the over heating, its the throttling part after the heating that's a pain in the....
Within 10-12 mins of continuously taking pics the camera ui starts lagging badly and within 15 mins the camera app just crashes. The threshold for taking videos is even lower, as within 2 minutes the camera starts having problem keeping the focus and the camera app just crashes around 2 n a half minutes of taking videos.
If u haven't yet bought the phone, and camera is a priority don't buy it...

Sent from my Moto G4 Plus using Tapatalk.

sirtbhopal

Oct 21, 2010
Today is last day for return of my moto g 4 plus.
Have same issue of Ghost touch & overheating while using camera & charging.
A bit confused since don't have any other choice of brand/model.
6 of my friends returned their phone since was with no solution even after replacement.
Any clue if issue can be resolved with OTA ?

Last edited:

zazzy24

Aug 1, 2013
Today is last day for return of my moto g 4 plus.
Have same issue of Ghost touch & overheating while using camera & charging.
A bit confused since don't have any other choice of brand/model.
6 of my friends returned their phone since was with no solution even after replacement.
Any clue if issue can be resolved with OTA ?
Ghost charge can be solved by using a different charger. Please note that i haven't personally had this issue, but saw most people commenting that the issue went away after using another charger.
About the overheating in general, we have been breaking our heads on the lennovo forums to make them understand the issue but they keep saying that the heat is normal and the forum Manager in his solution said that they can't do anything about it.
About the camera app, they said they are looking into the issue and working on a camera update that will allow for longer video recording durations. But that just means that we will still have to adjust and if u wanna record something that's of a long duration, for example a music concert, u will probably never be able to do that on this phone..

Dethfull

Jun 4, 2016
I have discovered here the solution for this too, my xt320 and xt687 haves this problem. Do the following:

Charge your phone with the entyre charger cable in rect line.by a long distance between the charger and the phone.

Doing this, the screen works well, because NO magnectic interference is generated by the charger and No captative magnectic interference
By the touchscreen
That is all. :cool:
Sent from my XT320 using xda premium

Reactions: n4beel

zazzy24

Aug 1, 2013
I have discovered here the solution for this too, my xt320 and xt687 haves this problem. Do the following:

Charge your phone with the entyre charger cable in rect line.by a long distance between the charger and the phone.

Doing this, the screen works well, because NO magnectic interference is generated by the charger and No captative magnectic interference
By the touchscreen
That is all. :cool:
Sent from my XT320 using xda premium
That's interesting. Probably explains why i have never faced this issue. Whenever i use the phone while charging i make sure that i am using the full length of the wire and the charger is a bit far away from the phone...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Phone chargers aren't grounded?
    Due to lack of ground, static builds up. The static creates an extra electromagnetic field. This interferes everything.
    When phone is getting charged, this static charge also happens to pass on to the metallic and glass parts(glass can hold some amount of static charge) due to induction, etc. And remember, this static charge actually harms the electronics as it always creates a reverse electromagnetic field to the flowing current. Sometime you may also feel slight shock, (or the feel that as if its vibrating) while touching the appliances.
    Another thing to remember:modern touch screen doesnot use pressure sensors(resistive touch) rather the bodys electric charge is used(capacitative touch). You can always google to know more. Its simple logic.

Do you think wireless charging is a new thing?
    Back in 1950s, nicolas tesla lit up a series of bulbs wirelessly, from miles away. But even modern scientist cant replicate that as tesla did not shared his secrets. Nowadays, The maximum wireless distance is 2.7cm.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Hi everyone, this problem only happens if your house is not grounded. If you travel by train, you will experience the same- the ghost touch. Please check the ground of your house, this is a very important safety issue. . Especially the points of charging. It is a normal phenomena. Due to problem in your houses ground line, static is building up, this static is effecting the touch.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using XDA-Developers mobile app
    I've read some come back with same issue and might even be a refurbished unit. I was thinking of sending mine back until issue disappeared on my phone. I may regret that.
    Hard to say if the inconvenience and success rate make it worth trying for a replacement.

Well I am still confused. Tomorrow's last day for the return. I have to admit though, Ghost Touches have been reduced to 5 to 10 percent since the update. I also found this thread about panels. Boe and lgd panels are used in our phone's display, the once with lgd having more severe issue like screen burn and Ghost touches while the once with boe panel are only experiencing Ghost Touches. I have boe panel and I don't have any issues like screen burn. Only Ghost touches. Here's the link

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mo...ntifying-lcd-panel-ghost-screen-burn-t3470472

Hope this helps. It's funny that everybody except the phone's manufacturer Motorola have their own theory for this issue.
    It happens with me when the battery is less than or close to 15%. Otherwise no issues.