Ghostracer - GPS tracker for the Sony smartwatch 3

Search This thread

Batman85

Apr 21, 2011
Nantes
Hi, where abouts in France are you? I have some friends who live in Les Gets (with the rest of the English invasion) and go out a couple times a year.
Unfortuntaly I don't live in French Alps... But I go there very often (my major sport speciality is moutain climbing. But I practice raids (trail+mtb+climbing+etc...) and orienteering race in moutains too)... And I know that Les Gets is a nice place to be! Happy to learn that English people like this place!

Good work with the bike mount, I started designing my own bike mount but have yet to finish it. I was designing mine to clip in, though and am having trouble getting a good enough model of the watch.
Thank a lots! I fact I've tried 3 differents designs before this one. But for me, it's the strongest...

Back to the app....
Will try get the altitude gain added in the next few weeks.
Thanks a lot (even it's not very accurate: it's just for having a global idea!). With this option, this app will just become perfect for my use! (It doesnt matter if it's not possible!)

ColonelRunner

Feb 13, 2015
GPS freeze

Hi to all the community :D
I made 2 runs with GhostRacer this week, both on previous version (0.75).
First run, my GPS stopped tracking my session after 8,70km, then it came back 3km later and stopped again sometimes. 13,5km only have been recorded, but i made 17km for real.
Second run, today (just before updating to 0.76). It took me 10 minutes to get a GPS Signal. I live in a big city in France, downtown, and never had any GPS problems with any other apps.
Any other guys getting the same issue?
Too bad because everything else is really good with this app.
I got a Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100) with latest official Android 4.4.2 update.
Using Sony SmartWatch 3 - Standalone - with Runtastic Heart Rate Monitor Combo BLE (working perfectly with this app).
Need help please, thank's :good:

Toggich

Nov 1, 2013
Unable to Login with Runkeeper's -google Auth

Hey,

looking forward to testing the new interval feature!

I have some trouble loggin in to Runkeeper with gAuth - i just get a white screen after i clicked login with google. Tested on nexus 6 and 9.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Nick0742

Feb 12, 2011
Hey,

looking forward to testing the new interval feature!

I have some trouble loggin in to Runkeeper with gAuth - i just get a white screen after i clicked login with google. Tested on nexus 6 and 9.

Thanks for all the hard work!

I had the exact same problem. No issue with the normal login, but using Google left me at a white screen.

Toggich

Nov 1, 2013
interval edit section

My app i crashing when i try to edit a interval, like change name or make it as favourite/stared.

---------- Post added 14th February 2015 at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was 13th February 2015 at 11:59 PM ----------

My app i crashing when i try to edit a interval, like change name or make it as favourite/stared.
After trying to edit -crash - I can't go into 'ghost' section without app crashes

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

After trying to edit -crash - I can't go into 'ghost' section without app crashes. App requires reinstall

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

After trying to edit -crash - I can't go into 'ghost' section without app crashes. App requires reinstall

cjkiller

Apr 9, 2014

---------- Post added 14th February 2015 at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was 13th February 2015 at 11:59 PM ----------

After trying to edit -crash - I can't go into 'ghost' section without app crashes

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Sorry about this , totally for got about Favorites, so will have to sort that out asap. Also I need to change the page when you click the ghost so you can edit the intervals easily. Right now all you can do is delete it and add a new one. I think its fair to say the update was rushed out. There's quite a few real small bug fixes done so was keen to get them out and stop a few crash reports coming in.
@ColonelRunner I have had problems getting gps lock the last two times I've been out, where as normally it takes seconds. I'm sure one of them was caused by the Google play api where I get gps location though. I took my phone with me on my bike but turned off GPS on the phone which normally forces the watch to use its own. But for 5 minutes I hung around waiting for signal and I wasn't until I turned off Bluetooth on my phone(breaking the connection) that I got gps signal on the watch. I'm going to do some more test on this.

Craig

ColonelRunner

Feb 13, 2015
@ColonelRunner I have had problems getting gps lock the last two times I've been out, where as normally it takes seconds. I'm sure one of them was caused by the Google play api where I get gps location though. I took my phone with me on my bike but turned off GPS on the phone which normally forces the watch to use its own. But for 5 minutes I hung around waiting for signal and I wasn't until I turned off Bluetooth on my phone(breaking the connection) that I got gps signal on the watch. I'm going to do some more test on this.

Craig[/QUOTE]

Just finished a 12km run, and it took me only a few seconds to get a gps signal on my SmartWatch3 (standalone).
Everything was ok, i've had no gps freezes (no signal lost).
Maybe the 0.76 version fixed some issues or something?
Hope all will work properly again in next sessions !

timostr

May 26, 2010
Herne
Version 0.77 crashed

Was running today and tried ghost feature (report each km). Ghostracer stopped recording GPS after 4,7 km and I did not notice vibration per km or ghost report per km (ghost interval). Btw. I rebooted watch just beforehand.
However I must admit, I have not fully understood the ghost feature.

I'm using Version 0.77 (latest). Weather was wet (rain).

Last edited:

jwelch010

Dec 7, 2014
I probably know less about the app th

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app than most, but I know for sure that the watch works awful in the rain. Every drop seems to act as though it's a finger touching the screen. It's caused songs to change, apps to open, etc.

I need to find a way to lock the screen.

andyrtr

Aug 24, 2011
Magdeburg
Using latest Ghostracer 0.77 I can't upload or access the new gpx files anymore. Strava upload is broken now throwing an error. Runkeeper G+ login hangs here and manual gpx export gives an empty 0 kb file. Have I lost my last trainings?

Gah73

Nov 3, 2014
I have a generic BT Smart heart rate Monitor.
It connects to apps on my phone no problem but will not connect to the watch.

Does anyone have any suggestions for connecting to the watch?

Also, if I need to buy a new one does the polar H7 work or the Scosche Rhythm +?

Thanks

cuckpro

Mar 3, 2015
How do I set Ghostracer to default to my SmartWatch 3's built in GPS, and not the phones?

When my phone and watch are connected, Ghostracer will not work unless I have GPS on the phone on. I thought the GPS in the watch was broken, but as soon as I disconnect the watch from the phone the GPS instantly connects. When I connect it again, it stops tracking. Really frustrating as that's the whole reason I bought the SmartWatch 3 for it's built in GPS.

cjkiller

Apr 9, 2014
How do I set Ghostracer to default to my SmartWatch 3's built in GPS, and not the phones?

When my phone and watch are connected, Ghostracer will not work unless I have GPS on the phone on. I thought the GPS in the watch was broken, but as soon as I disconnect the watch from the phone the GPS instantly connects. When I connect it again, it stops tracking. Really frustrating as that's the whole reason I bought the SmartWatch 3 for it's built in GPS.

I think this a bug in Google Play services. Before I could turn off location on the phone and the watch would use the GPS. But last time I tried I ended up having to turn off bluetooth for my watch to get GPS. Hopefully Google will fix this. Though Google want you to use the phones gps when the watch is connected to save the battery on the watch.

Craig

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ghostracer is a gps tracking app where you can train against 'ghosts' during you run/ride. Supports the standalone features of the sony smartwatch 3.

Installation
    To install the app you can get it here
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bravetheskies.ghostracer

To install the beta you must first join this google community group : https://plus.google.com/communities/108600094791246159447
    Then click this link to become a tester: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.bravetheskies.ghostracer
    Then Beta updates should be available to upgrade/download.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Ghostracer, Device Specific App for the Sony Smartwatch 3

Contributors
    cjkiller

Version Information

Created 2014-12-02
    Last Updated 2015-09-08
    Is this forum dead?

Much more participation, including the dev, on the g+ group

https://plus.google.com/communities/108600094791246159447
    If we want to donate, how can we contribute?

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

I do have a paypal account at [email protected] but when its out of beta I may add an in app purchase for Android wear to try claw back my hundreds of hours.

Cheers

Craig
    I joined the beta testers and purchased the full version of the app shortly after. It used to be the best app for SW3. The watch GPS signal strength visible before you start the run is the killer feature of this app together with activity upload to other apps. Standalone watch GPS used to work flawlessly, it rarely took me more than a minute to get the full signal.
    With last two or three updates however, the GPS is extremely unpredictable.
    It takes forever to find the GPS signal with clear sky and no buildings around. IF it eventually finds signal after some watch or app restart plus some location disable / enable woodoo, it seems to keep the signal just fine (based on the few occasions when it actually got the signal).
    However the inability to predict how long till the signal is locked (if ever) makes the app unusable.
    Not sure what is wrong. The option to use watch GPS is selected and no other settings changed comparing to the time when it was working in the old version.
    Factory reset and app reinstall did not fix anything. Developer feedback would be highly appreciated. If there is an old APK available somewhere, we would at least be able to test if the last few updates are the culprit.
    I've posted a new update to google play this morning. So expect an update some time today. Mainly it just adds support for bluetooth LE heart rate monitors. I've only tested it with my Mio link so I assume there could be many problems with other devices. To use it you must enable it in the android wear options on the phone. Once enabled it will simply scan for a monitor for the first 30 seconds of your activity, then hopefully connect. It could take 20 seconds or more to connected so its a bit annoying checking its connected at the start of a run. Will have to add something to connect to the monitor before start is clicked in the future.

Previous Questions:
    @mertzi - GPS indicator: Full bars is accuracy to within 8 meters, Ive changed this to 10 in the update. Then 3 bars 20 meters and so on. So any amount of bars is a good enough signal.
    @gs05 + @dougi83 - Dim Mode: this is just the same as always on but with the back light on its lowest setting.

Low power mode turns the backlight off. It would be nice to change the background to black in low power mode automatically but I've got no way of telling when the screen changes on the watch unfortunately. The watch face code that does that in those apps does not seem not to work in my app. So I've added an option for black background on the wear settings screen on the phone.
    @gs05 - Custom screen: Still a lot of work to be done on this page. Made heart rate a priority. But I cannot recreate the bug of the add button not appearing when you delete page 2. Does it happen all the time with you?
    @mickael91210 + @dougi83 - Google Drive: Will hopefully get that feature in the next update.

Happy Christmas everyone and hopefully I will keep on top of the questions in the future.

Craig