Gingerbread [Alpha2] by Neopeek!

djdafreund

Dec 19, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Thanks a bunch for the help FIRST OFF. :) I am using the ones from the 1-file download package in the instructions.

For this tutorial, I will be using CyanogenMod6 – which I am currently using.

Direct link to package (thanks to Neopeek who was kind enough to package the whole install into one little .rar) :
Mirror 1

My startup is the following-
=======================
set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 1910
set cmdline "root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init rootwait rw rootdelay=3 acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=620000 lcd.density=210 msmts_calib=0x7a.0x5e.0x35a.0x37f msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 gsensor_axis=-1,-2,3 board-htcraphael-navi.wake=0 physkeyboard=raph setpath=android2.3"
boot

I'm thinking i have to change something with the "root=/" part in the startup?

Last edited:
J

jianC

Ok, sorry if I confused you or if I misunderstood you..

If you use a system image with .sqsh compression (which I uploaded), you can just use your old xdandroid startup, given you take out the old .ext2 (or rename it) and instead replace it with the system.sqsh. You will have to use the xdandroid startup because the neopeek startup points to an ext2 partition, which you should not have if you want to avoid partitioning.

djdafreund

Dec 19, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Ah, ok. Will try that now.

Ok, it's complaining there's no initrd.gz file when running heret.exe. This is where i get confused. I tried ahead to just copy the one from the installer which of course tries to format the partition that doesn't exist. I am assuming this file tell's the OS what to do.

This is my startup for my 2.2 install-
===========================
set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2039
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz
set cmdline "lcd.density=210 msmvkeyb_toggle=off hw3d.force=1 force_cdma=1 physkeyboard=raph board-htcraphael-navi.wake=0 acpuclock.oc_freq_khz=640000 gsensor_axis=2,-1,3 rel_path=Android2.2"
boot

So everything would be the same? Other then setpath=android2.3 (where my android dir is.)

Last edited:

R^7Z

Mine was working then it ran out of space, using a 512MB microSD and a modified startup.txt but I would go so far to say that you could use one of those startup.txt files from the FRX03 package; it includes an initrd.gz file as well.
[EDIT]Might want to use either one of the earlier builds for FroYo or even Eclair; it's looking for an ext2 file/partition[/EDIT]

Last edited:
Reactions: djdafreund

vissielmoro

Jan 9, 2009

Harmz

Jun 5, 2010
running successfully on HTC Diamond. Its working faster than XDAndroid 2.2 and wifi is working fine. The one biggest prob for me is that when being called, there are no answer/decline options.
(BTW WHEN IT TOLD ME ABOUT MISSING FILES, I COPIED OVER SOME OF THE XDANDROID 2.2 FILES)

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Is not there, this is the question.
When Gingerbread start, don't ask to me to calibrate the screen...
Strange, really strange..:confused:
I'm really beginning to sound like a broken record here.

This stuff is for testing purposes. You can't expect all of these things to work at this stage.

Once you get a *good* ts-calibration file, reuse it over and over and over again. Make backups of the file, etc. You should never need to rebuild it once you get a good one.

vulkanxxv

Oct 20, 2006
Earth
I'm really beginning to sound like a broken record here.

This stuff is for testing purposes. You can't expect all of these things to work at this stage.

Once you get a *good* ts-calibration file, reuse it over and over and over again. Make backups of the file, etc. You should never need to rebuild it once you get a good one.
Absolutely agree but, how I can test this release if is impossible to use it 'cos the screen is not calbirate?
Or not?

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Absolutely agree but, how I can test this release if is impossible to use it 'cos the screen is not calbirate?
Or not?
I already said, once you generate a good ts-calibration file (with a 'stable' release) you should be able to use this no problem.