Gingerbread [Alpha2] by Neopeek!

sonic101mk2

Dec 18, 2009
for the life of me i can't get this thing to install. I'm using an htc touch diamond.

I've partitioned the internal storage card. a fat 32 partition and 2 ext2 partitions all set as primary.

I place the contents of the gingerbread alpha 2 in the root folder of the internal storage card, I move the two start up.txt files for my phone, the one for the root folder and the one in the npkintall folder.

I click the install.exe and it goes in to the black text scrolling install phase. but stops a few seconds in and says it can't sync something and it says something about kernal panic. then reboots in 7 seconds.

What am I missing? I've tried to read the tutorials but they don't seem to be doing anything.

R^7Z

Keep in mind, I make no mention of doing anything that requires any real thought, more-so patience which I understand some of us have a little less than others... :rolleyes:
That being said, the only other thing I'd suggest is make sure you have the correct keyboard selected/checked under input settings (I think). I disable/uncheck anything other than the English keyboard. Also keep in mind, I'm guessing you are using the most up-to-date kernel package that works for your device. It's been a couple of weeks since I've actually run Gingerbread Alpha2 on my at&t Fuze, so my experience may differ slightly from others. I'll have to try out the latest kernel package to see if anything else changes.