[GINGERBREAD] Android 2.3 port from SDK for 32A/NR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seo

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2005
Plovdiv
I made it for fun and it is NOT usable and will not be before we get official source

http://saraev.ca/signed_120810_223045.zip

working:
- data/radio (no incall microphone)
- wifi

not working: everything else :D

please do not report bugs. I know whats not working but can fix NOTHING for now :)

Attachments

Last edited:

eyegor

Sep 2, 2009
Novi Sad
Good job. IMO these ports will be unusable for the next few months until cyanogen comes up with a release.

It was like that with eclair and later froyo. History tends to repeat itself.

T

TheForgotten

Woot Woot, Hopefully once we get the source this can become stable. The magic lives on. Not many froyo builds I tried for the 32a werent that easy on battery life. Hopefully this turns out good. Hope the devs will work together to create a stable rom, instead of having their own builds with pros and cons.

marcimix

Dec 31, 2009
Lodz
Good job. IMO these ports will be unusable for the next few months until cyanogen comes up with a release.

There is no beginning no end. We are never be alone :D

HTC planning any updates in the future for "oldest" device? :/

G

GuestK00288

I would have to agree with you except for I think I read on Cyanogen's twitter page that they will NOT be supporting first gen devices after CM6.1 which I assume meant NO ported 2.3 for us. :(

Hopefully I am wrong.

3rdcoast

Feb 3, 2010
This is all well and good and I'll try it if I get my repaired phone back and can once again have a spare to play with.
However is it reasonable to expect this to ever be usable? We don't seem to be able to get a fully working 2.2 under the new radio so why would 2.3 ever get enough attention or drivers? I used 2.2 for a long time on the old radio but I really needed to use the new radio and have since gone back to 2.1 since it is now my daily driver again.

This will be great fun once I can put the Magic back to dev use.

studjuice

Feb 23, 2010
St. Louis
I tested this on my g1, with a pershoots kernel over top so that it boots. And I was wondering how you got wifi to work? I tried replacing many things, but still get an error starting wifi supplicant daemon on logcat.
Just curious, not like I expect anything to ever become usable haha

seo

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2005
Plovdiv
I tested this on my g1, with a pershoots kernel over top so that it boots. And I was wondering how you got wifi to work? I tried replacing many things, but still get an error starting wifi supplicant daemon on logcat.
Just curious, not like I expect anything to ever become usable haha
hm did you replace wlan.ko ? you should ;)

also take a look at init.sapphire.rc:
Ive changed wpa_supplicant service a little because wlan_loader is not used as in eclair/froyo roms. my *wpa_supplicant.exec* loads the firmware and then starts *real* wpa_supplicant.
I realy dont have an idea whether firmware & tiwlan.ini are different for trout/sapphire. if they are you can edit wpa_supplicant.exec to load propper firmware files..

EDIT: this will not be usable untill we get gingerbrad sources published by google. then maybe cyanogen will do a build for us. I heard he will not support sapphire/trout anmore and if and *only if* it is true I will try to make a working one. I hope it isn't true and cyanogen will still suport our devices because he can do it better than me for sure

Last edited:

grebdz

Jun 29, 2010
Porting

Anyone done any work porting this? I'm currently working to compile this for my fender. Hopefully with the new radio. Which I've read doesn't work, so... anyone found a working one? I'm running eclipse to compile but if you'd like to help, let me know what you use and I'll send you what I've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.