Gingerbread GPS Fix (Not proper)

Search This thread

cornaljoe

I found this fix to fixing GPS in Gingerbread mentioned: Here. I've included a CWM compatible zip for easy installation. It flashes libgps.so to system/lib. I went from 0/2 to 4/8 sats in GPS Status with accuracy down to 8m. It seems to work well and it was pretty simple compared to the Froyo fix. Hopefully this works for you as well.

Edit: Fix removed.

Proper fix: Here.

Last edited:

photoframd

Feb 18, 2011
New York
Very cool!

I was getting really fed up with my Epic. The GPS was hanging on and off.

I just applied your fix and it locks on 9 satellites with accuracy to 3-feet in under 5-seconds. Thanks!

vita10gy

May 20, 2010
No difference here. If anything it's a little worse, but the process is somewhat subjective.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
No difference here either. Always half of the total found. I can get 5 locks once it finds 11 satellites.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

tbob18

Jul 24, 2007
Chicago
www.flickr.com
Yep, same here. No difference. I always get 2/9, 3/10, or 4/11. As a comparison, on CM7 I always get most if not all the satellites found (if it finds 10, I'll get 9/10 or 10/10).

Last edited:

photoframd

Feb 18, 2011
New York
Did you update your modem too?

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I had previously updated my modem with EH06. It makes sense that that modem would work well with the GB files.

Decad3nce

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 19, 2010
I found this fix to fixing GPS in Gingerbread mentioned: Here. I've included a CWM compatible zip for easy installation. It flashes libgps.so to system/lib. I went from 0/2 to 4/8 sats in GPS Status with accuracy down to 8m. It seems to work well and it was pretty simple compared to the Froyo fix. Hopefully this works for you as well.

Ummm. This is a proprietary file from a device (Desire CDMA - BravoC) which has an entirely different platform. This just means that libgps contains the same methods/calls as ours. This would hinder more than hurt since it's an entirely different platform.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Edit: Fix removed.

Proper fix: Here.
    I was planning on doing some more research on getting this working properly tonight but looks like I was beat to it. Nice work. Glad to see a proper fix up.

Ummm. This is a proprietary file from a device (Desire CDMA - BravoC) which has an entirely different platform. This just means that libgps contains the same methods/calls as ours. This would hinder more than hurt since it's an entirely different platform.