Gingerbread thread. ONLY GINGERBREAD THREAD FOR NOW!

Search This thread

j2eubank

Jan 4, 2010
Houston
I think the new UI is a big turn off. I don't really want to update anymore.

You can see that they have changed it only to improve battery life, not design. I mean come on, that keyboard is terrible.

Your turned off by the way a keyboard looks?? I'm really looking forward to that keyboard since it looks like it has at least some of the blind type guys work in it. In fact I hope that's the first thing someone can pull out of this. :D

eabinsan

Sep 24, 2009
just port the new Dalvik (and maybe the new bluetooth stack - AVRCP 1.3 by an chance?) to CM. everything else i can live without.

(and i'm definitely skipping the device, although the touchscreen on the nexus one is driving me nuts from time to time)

Mrplennium

Oct 20, 2007
For those that have the new 2.3 keyboard, does it make typing on the keyboard easier? Do you find that you're making less mistakes than the stock keyboard?

Award Tour

Aug 2, 2010
Brooklyn
For those that have the new 2.3 keyboard, does it make typing on the keyboard easier? Do you find that you're making less mistakes than the stock keyboard?
It feels like I'm typing better. Could just be a placebo thing though. It sure is a fugly looking thing though.

Edit: But it doesn't seem to "adjust" the keys as mentioned on the 2.3 walk through (?) Google put up.

moelester518

May 8, 2009

The word suggestion is worse. I feel like it doesnt fix anything. On the accuracy side I say it's as good as htc keyboard

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

rickytenzer

Sep 10, 2009
Thats what I was thinking but wasn't 100% sure on that. The double space for a period is gone too

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App
I like the accuracy of the keyboard but the lack of double tap and suggestions is a deal breaker as of now. Also, the slide-up "drawer" is gone.

Anyone have a flashable zip to restore the old keyboard?

moelester518

May 8, 2009
I like the accuracy of the keyboard but the lack of double tap and suggestions is a deal breaker as of now. Also, the slide-up "drawer" is gone.

Anyone have a flashable zip to restore the old keyboard?

Man your right about the slide up thing. I loved that. ill probably keep this since i mainly use HTC and swype.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone