Gionee M2 - Root, Backup ROM, Install CWM

Search This thread

anup.13

Oct 17, 2013
I removed that yaar but still same pbm

Sent from my m2 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Bro my front camera is not working in axer rom. Any solution?

Sent from my m2 using XDA Free mobile app

sumeshkapoor

Jun 15, 2011
jalandhar
Many guys brick their gionee m2
Okh so guys here the solution ..for ur prob ...

Upload credit goes to uploader who uploaded it
1 .stock ROM
https://mega.co.nz/#!oFY2BRZb!AzH16G5H2RFTqVHRpnv-53ffTXRBK2D0vQOyUk9U_Es

2.sp flash tool
https://mega.co.nz/#!hcoTgaBI!NSPaGUAz3lPqHddZMXjStZNfzzMyxWdpmHbjZEiwLEM

3. Scatter file.
https://app.box.com/s/fiqf6r251roqypwaplti

Hit thanks if it help u

If u wanna join gionee m2 Whatsapp group for instant help guys u can msg
9650122041 on Whatsapp for joining..
hey thr bro.
just wanted to ask u is this a pure 100%stock gionee unrooted rom?
and can i flash ths from recovery or i have to use pc method?
thnx for the help bro.

ravinder1990

Aug 6, 2014
GIONEE M2
Iam totally new & curious about cons. & pron.of rooting & flashing. I want to know which will help me to have required features in my phone with least risk either rooting or flashing------------
01. Some sites say that it supports full OTG (pen drive support) which is disabled in it. I don't know wether it is true or not. If it is true than how to unlock this feature.
02. Its original 4.2.2 along with bloatwares consumes about 550 ram this makes a trouble to me for multi processing in it.
03. Is custom ROM for android phones are developed on basis on of hardware or is similar to windows for pc & laptops. Like using any windows OS and after that installing audio,video,graphics,connectivity,Bluetooth,etc drivers for it according to hardware.
04. In my phone bloatwares also asking for update thus going to increase my phone's RAM
acordding to mefew cons are
1. Some of componet may not work properly due to rom problem or due to improper installation.

Last edited:

apufirestl

Aug 20, 2014
Xposed Framework works fine on the rooted Gionee M2.

While several modules (like Xprivacy) work, GravityBox via Xposed download fc's, use the GravityBox Apk instead

As for M2 Stock ROM, I suggest take a backup of your own phone ROM, there is little chance that Gionee will make stock ROM's available for M2 (a very new device) anytime soon.

For other Gionee ROM's (stock) external sites like androidXDA have a few ROM's for download but none for M2

There are no custom ROM's for M2, if you want a smoother/cleaner experience try uninstalling some bloatware and change the DPI using an Xposed module.

hi, I have the custom rom for gionee m2 which I backed up at the first place when I bought the phone. If any one need it please email me. I would be happy to help and provide.
email: [email protected]
You will need a CWM to use it. I have the CWM too.
Thank you.

net8

Feb 18, 2012
ict.net.in
WhatsAPP update zip

That's what I thought updated firmware. Thanks. And sad about whatsapp plus. This is the first time I have ever heard or experienced it :(

Which is the most stable custom rom, because I tried AOSP and front camera was not working.

To use WhatsApp in stock Rom, I tried to install it into framework. And it is working.

Check it out :good::
Here is a Update.zip file flashable through any CWM based recovery.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2921376&stc=1&d=1409625971

You can keep it in the SD card and rename it to update.zip if needed :laugh:.

Attachments

• WhatsAppOnlyupdate.zip
    10.4 MB · Views: 66
Reactions: intimateangel

Patel009

Apr 26, 2014
Yes you can any Gionee m2 roms and as many times you want, bro.. but need to follow right method to install..:)

Reactions: dhanmohan

Micheal86

Mar 29, 2012
Please Help Me to Root Gionee M2 (8GB) running On 4.4.2

Respected Sir,
I want to root Gionee M2 (8GB) running On 4.4.2. I`ve tried Vroot, towelroot, but failed. Previously I had root access on 4.2.2.
Please help me to gain root access.

nandakalyan

Ok, I solved this after rummaging through various Threads.....pls find a detailed guide in this post by me on rooting the newer lot of M2 phones, including KITKAT upgraded phones. (mine is KitKat too)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=55290602&postcount=126

---------- Post added at 04:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 AM ----------

The Gionee M2 has a MT6582 Mediatek chipset.

ROOT:

The best way to root this is to use Framaroot, Barahir exploit.
Although the Framaroot page on XDA does not list this as a compatible device (yet) it works really well.
All credits for Framaroot go to alephzain : here

BACKUP ROM WITH MTKTOOLS:
Download the awesome MTK Droid Root & Tools by rua1 from here
There are many detailed tutorials for using the actual tool ( I used v2.5.3) with detailed pictures etc., I wont reproduce them here, but before you read and follow the tutorials, make sure, your phone is rooted, you have the ADB drivers for your MT6582 chipset and the microsd card you put inside your phone is formatted inside the phone otherwise the backup will throw an error

Create & Install CWM:
Dev rua1's MTKTOOLS can also create a CWM image automatically from the boot.img that is created in the above step. There are detailed tutorials already available on many sites that show step by step how to do this. Installing CWM is up to you, either via Mobile Uncle Tools from the playstore (recommended) and the freshly minted CWM image or via SP Flash Tools using the Backup of ROM created with MTKTOOLS

Bro, thanks for gathering this here. Unfortunately, rooting through Framaroot seems to no longer work (Barahir, Faramir or Boromir). I did some research and put together this guide. It will be useful to everyone if this can be included in the OP. Thanks,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=55290602&postcount=126

cool_ravi78

Dec 27, 2012
noida
Guys rooting method updated with snapshot of gionee m2...
Many guys successfully rooted their device u now we try to fix xposed framework error and others error maded after updating to kk... This is our thread. And we also successfully find a method to fix droid tools after kk update, lots of mods are coming for only m2 this is just beginning ..... If u want root successfully without any technical knowledge try this page
This is our thread and most active thread for gionee m2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2870396

Last edited:

cool_ravi78

Dec 27, 2012
noida
Guys good news within 2-3 days we r launching our kk custum rom......
People who havent update to kk can also use this and those who are on kk its better and lighter than stock kk and lots of modifications...

Here are few screenshot of that
d33548cf6dcf5fa6dbd9e1b3aa72bfcf.jpg

1e58828e764b96e7f816550ae60b2d10.jpg

9adeac74c63353c11f9e90e6a3891906.jpg

3eab452bb54756b5b415ad52a2cd3f58.jpg

We r going to post it on our thread

forum.xda-developers.com/general/rooting-roms/root-kitkat-gionee-m2-install-cwm-mods-t2870396

net8

Feb 18, 2012
ict.net.in
Guys good news within 2-3 days we r launching our kk custum rom......
People who havent update to kk can also use this and those who are on kk its better and lighter than stock kk and lots of modifications...

Here are few screenshot of that

We r going to post it on our thread

forum.xda-developers.com/general/rooting-roms/root-kitkat-gionee-m2-install-cwm-mods-t2870396

I think it is http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/rooting-roms/custom-rom-gionee-m2-kitkat-version-t2885227

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Gionee M2 has a MT6582 Mediatek chipset.

Follow the Gionee guide on their site for upgrading to KitKat, before you start the process, replace the recovery.img file in the ROM file you downloaded and extracted and replace it with a CWM or Carliv touch recovery file that works for the JB versions, this will give you a custom recovery (power button + up key when booting)

The 800Mb+ KitKat ROM update file has about 300mb of pure bloatware, unknown games etc. :(

ROOT:
    Enable USB debugging
    Download SuperSU from the playstore (we will use it to replace the chinese SU file later)
    Download RootMaster (google it), this is an apk file probably made by the same chinese dev's who made Vroot
    Make sure wifi is on, run RootMaster, all text is chinese, but the press to root button is english, it works, if it doesnt the first time try again (dont press anything else, it has a ton of crapware)
    It should prompt that your phone is rooted, give it some time, it actually downloads a chinese version of SU
    Now run SuperSU, it will replace the chinese version with the familiar english SuperSU ( although the chinese SU app with the lion emblem and chinese text will still be on your phone)
    I recommend doing a full factory reset at this stage and using a root uninstaller app to remove all traces of this chinese RootMaster SU

Xposed Framework:
    The amigo system resources interferes with Xposed you can still get it to install the framework by first installing the Xposed apk and then going to the settings of the Xposed installer and checking the box "Disable resources API", this will mean GravityBox WILL fail.

-------------------------------------------------------
    Framaroot Doesn't work anymore
    The best way to root this is to use Framaroot, Barahir exploit.
    Although the Framaroot page on XDA does not list this as a compatible device (yet) it works really well.
    All credits for Framaroot go to alephzain : here

------------------

This still works
    BACKUP ROM WITH MTKTOOLS:
    Download the awesome MTK Droid Root & Tools by rua1 from here
    There are many detailed tutorials for using the actual tool ( I used v2.5.3) with detailed pictures etc., I wont reproduce them here, but before you read and follow the tutorials, make sure, your phone is rooted, you have the ADB drivers for your MT6582 chipset and the microsd card you put inside your phone is formatted inside the phone otherwise the backup will throw an error

Create & Install CWM:
    Dev rua1's MTKTOOLS can also create a CWM image automatically from the boot.img that is created in the above step. There are detailed tutorials already available on many sites that show step by step how to do this. Installing CWM is up to you, either via Mobile Uncle Tools from the playstore (recommended) and the freshly minted CWM image or via SP Flash Tools using the Backup of ROM created with MTKTOOLS
    New Touch Based Carliv Recovery
    Click HERE
    Many guys brick their gionee m2
    Okh so guys here the solution ..for ur prob ...

Upload credit goes to uploader who uploaded it
    1 .stock ROM
    https://mega.co.nz/#!oFY2BRZb!AzH16G5H2RFTqVHRpnv-53ffTXRBK2D0vQOyUk9U_Es

2.sp flash tool
    https://mega.co.nz/#!hcoTgaBI!NSPaGUAz3lPqHddZMXjStZNfzzMyxWdpmHbjZEiwLEM

3. Scatter file.
    https://app.box.com/s/fiqf6r251roqypwaplti

Hit thanks if it help u

If u wanna join gionee m2 Whatsapp group for instant help guys u can msg
    9650122041 on Whatsapp for joining..
    Stable roms are "Fly UI", "Canvas", "Xperia UI" and "axer". Till yet I've not faced any problem in this roms so you can flash any from above roms. Right now I'm using canvas rom and it works fantastic with xposed and it's modules. Before this, was using fly ui and it's also awesome and very smooth.