GIT 101 - Newbie Friendly

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Another question, re the web interface

Another thing that has confused me, is when trying to view what the latest changes to a repository are. Basically manually doing my previous question.

For example, I build crDroid, and before a build, to check if a build is worth the effort, I like to see what has been recently added/fixed/changed. So, I browse to https://github.com/crdroidandroid which (in the lower section) shows a list of the recently changed items, showing the project and the date of the change. However, the date shown here (which forms the basis of the presented sort) seems to be a little out of sorts (I think some of it can be explained by the possible fact that the date also includes the date when someone creates a branch, i think), as shown below when I checked today.

On the first page, it showed
Capture01.PNG
ie the last update was 8hrs ago
However when you click on the project link, it shows the following
Capture03.PNG
which says the latest commit was Mar 3, yet when you browse to the file (as shown in the above image) it says 8hrs ago:confused::confused:

jennyd93

Dec 31, 2018
Hi I have a question. So when I download odin on my computer even when I click extract on the compressed zip file it still doesn't download any of the corresponding .md5 files that you put into BL, AP, CP, etc. So I can't put any of the corresponding files in those sections because it won't zip/download those files to begin with. When I download open and unzip the S1 plugin bundle the only thing that comes up after that is two folders one that says MacOS and the other that says resources and neither of which have files in them. Thank you sorry if I didn't explain things well I am not that great with stuff like this

TheExploitedOne

Jul 8, 2019
Git push is the command, -u origin (branch) are the tags
Another helpful one I found was git push --mirror <repo name>

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Hi I have a question. So when I download odin on my computer even when I click extract on the compressed zip file it still doesn't download any of the corresponding .md5 files that you put into BL, AP, CP, etc. So I can't put any of the corresponding files in those sections because it won't zip/download those files to begin with. When I download open and unzip the S1 plugin bundle the only thing that comes up after that is two folders one that says MacOS and the other that says resources and neither of which have files in them. Thank you sorry if I didn't explain things well I am not that great with stuff like this
Is it just Odin standalone you downloaded? If so you'd need to find your firmware and if you don't have one than you can create one. To do so just dump your device firmware and select all the partitions to be archived. Or are you trying to view the files within your download?

Last edited:

TheExploitedOne

Jul 8, 2019
whats function --mirror?
It's a way to push to your repo it's actually been the best option I've used. It's a function for git to push your files to your repo without having to use git push. I've had loads of problems trying to use just git push after setting it up and I've had to re initialize everything

BryanHafidz

Jun 30, 2020
It's a way to push to your repo it's actually been the best option I've used. It's a function for git to push your files to your repo without having to use git push. I've had loads of problems trying to use just git push after setting it up and I've had to re initialize everything
whats your problem using gitu push bro?

Jalapeno123

Dec 3, 2020
i was updating my s10plus software when a screen came saying downloading do not turn off target odin mode avb fail . i tried to flash it but odin was stuck at vendor.img for several hours. Then i quit odin and then a screen came saying that to recover from smart switch. Then i used a tool to fix the soft brick and now i am in the same downloading screen but this time saying error validating footer. i tried to flash again but am still stuck at vendor.img. i tried a different csc version and that stucks at system.img