• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Give an app su permissions?

Search This thread

z0m8i3

Mar 30, 2016
I installed the su addon from Lineage extras.
Root Permissions are set to 'Apps & ADB'

"Manage root accesses" is greyed out.

How can I assign root permission to AFWall?

SteveYoungs

Mar 4, 2016
Brisbane

If something needs root access it will ask you. It is not something you can give to an app before it is needed. Once you have granted permission to one or more apps the "Manage root access" will no longer be greyed out.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

z0m8i3

Mar 30, 2016
If something needs root access it will ask you.

I uninstalled AFWall & reinstalled, it never asked for root. When I launch it, it gives me the "Make sure it has su permissions" notice. Is there any way to trigger it?

Not sure if its related, but when I go to AFWall Preferences -> Log -> Turn on log service:
"Unable to start log service.LogTarget is not empty or LogService not enabled."

SteveYoungs

Mar 4, 2016
Brisbane
I uninstalled AFWall & reinstalled, it never asked for root. When I launch it, it gives me the "Make sure it has su permissions" notice. Is there any way to trigger it?

Not sure if its related, but when I go to AFWall Preferences -> Log -> Turn on log service:
"Unable to start log service.LogTarget is not empty or LogService not enabled."
I'm not familiar with AFWall, sorry. Launching it should have triggered the request to grant su perms, at least to my mind it should have.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

djyahoo

Jul 10, 2021

Late reply but I just had this problem, so in case it could help someone else : I made a mistake to install the addonsu in its last version, on my Lineage 14.1. Big mistake... everything seemed to be ok, except this unability to give root permissions to app (they weren't asking me for at all) and this "greyed out" symptom described here.
I just uninstalled this addonsu to reflash it with the 14.1 version corresponding to my Lineage and... here we goooo....