Glass pulling away from screen

Search This thread

Zero4

Dec 27, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Has anyone seen this before? Is it possible to have this manufacturing defect covered outside of the warranty?

Short description: it appears that the adhesive in the top right portion of the screen is letting go, and air is getting between the glass and frame. Phone has been in a case since day 1, and treated well.

I love Android, but a defect like this, and no help from my carrier or Samsung, make me want to switch to apple and apple care [emoji20] [emoji52]

TIAhttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/593718381a0e6/IMG_0274.JPG

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

reffu

Feb 11, 2008
OnePlus 9
The glass in that picture looks like a glass screen protector, and not the glass of the actual phone front (the actual glass does not cut-out around the light sensor and camera and instead is entirely flush along the front of the phone except for the speaker and home button). It may have been put on when you first got the phone, but it shouldn't be a problem to remove it/get a new one if necessary. It might even be possible to reapply the existing one, depending on the brand and what glue was used to attach it initially.

Last edited:

Zero4

Dec 27, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
The glass in that picture looks like a glass screen protector, and not the glass of the actual phone front (the actual glass does not cut-out around the light sensor and camera and instead is entirely flush along the front of the phone except for the speaker and home button). It may have been put on when you first got the phone, but it shouldn't be a problem to remove it/get a new one if necessary. It might even be possible to reapply the existing one, depending on the brand and what glue was used to attach it initially.
I understand thinking it's the screen protector (or screen protector related), however the air pocket stops where the protector begins.

The "bubble" now extends down to the power button.

I've attached a new picture to try to show better the issue, and that the screen protector isn't relevant.

20170609_114120.jpg

reffu

Feb 11, 2008
OnePlus 9
I understand thinking it's the screen protector (or screen protector related), however the air pocket stops where the protector begins.

The "bubble" now extends down to the power button.

I've attached a new picture to try to show better the issue, and that the screen protector isn't relevant.

View attachment 4176296

Ahh, my mistake then, this picture does make it clearer. The only thing I can possibly think of is that the screen protector is adhered to the glass tighter than the glass is to the digitizer (or heat/age weakened the adhesive holding the glass to the digitizer) and so pressure put on the raised screen protector (from being in a pocket/bag or pushing against other objects) is separating the glass from the digitizer. I'm not really sure if there's a solution, other than replacing the screen.

Last edited: