• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

General Global 11.2.7.7. Root Guide

Search This thread

FizzyAps

Jun 13, 2018
cincinnati
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9
Frist off Im not responsible for anything that happens to your phone!!!
MUST HAVE UNLOCK BOOTLOADER!!

Steps to root

If you are on 11.2.6.6. and rooted
to take update you must flash stock boot.img can be found in link
reboot to bootloader

fastboot flash boot boot11.2.6.6 .img

once done

fastboot reboot

take update

once update is completed
reboot to bootloader
now down load the PATCHEDBOOT.IMG
and flash

fastboot flash boot patched-11.2.7.7.img

once done

fastboot reboot

BOOM NOW YOUR AR ROOTED!!!

STOCK 11.2.6.6 FIXED AND TESTED THANKS TO

mattie_49

LINKS / HELP
BOOT.IMGS
HELP
Screenshot_20210610-122204[1].jpg

Last edited:

Josh McGrath

Jan 16, 2013
OnePlus 9
Screenshot_20210611-023559.jpg

I should have read this beforehand but I did it the same way as always. Magisk, restore images, OTA updates, magisk install to inactive slot and I get this and I can't get it to go away and it didn't update either. Root is gone as well but it didn't update.

Edit: it fixed itself after the 3rd attempted update. Lost root but that's an easy. I don't know why it did it. Leaving for anyone else that might have this issue

Last edited:

FizzyAps

Jun 13, 2018
cincinnati
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9
View attachment 5335417
I should have read this beforehand but I did it the same way as always. Magisk, restore images, OTA updates, magisk install to inactive slot and I get this and I can't get it to go away and it didn't update either. Root is gone as well but it didn't update.

Edit: it fixed itself after the 3rd attempted update. Lost root but that's an easy. I don't know why it did it. Leaving for anyone else that might have this issue

please try new uploaded stock boot imgs there fixed now sorry

notiflux

Feb 16, 2015
Germany
In my case I have found that it is not necessary to flash the stock boot image in order to update. I simply installed the update, rebooted to bootloader, booted the patched boot.img (not flashed), and installed Magisk to my boot partition from there. That way you don't permanently mismatch your ROM from your boot partition in case you are not using global ROM (which is the case for me). I don't know if the boot partition actually differs between the ROMs but this feels cleaner

Mauk80

Jan 10, 2011
Won't let me download the OTA after going back to stock bootloader. I have my CN OP9 cross flashed to global. I keep getting Couldn't Update Installation Problem. Guess i'll wait for Oxygen Update.

FizzyAps

Jun 13, 2018
cincinnati
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9
In my case I have found that it is not necessary to flash the stock boot image in order to update. I simply installed the update, rebooted to bootloader, booted the patched boot.img (not flashed), and installed Magisk to my boot partition from there. That way you don't permanently mismatch your ROM from your boot partition in case you are not using global ROM (which is the case for me). I don't know if the boot partition actually differs between the ROMs but this feels cleaner
You can't install they update if rooted it errors out

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Frist off Im not responsible for anything that happens to your phone!!!
    MUST HAVE UNLOCK BOOTLOADER!!

Steps to root

If you are on 11.2.6.6. and rooted
    to take update you must flash stock boot.img can be found in link
    reboot to bootloader

fastboot flash boot boot11.2.6.6 .img

once done

fastboot reboot

take update

once update is completed
    reboot to bootloader
    now down load the PATCHEDBOOT.IMG