• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Global/ EEA ROM on Chinese version

Search This thread

lordvoldmort

Nov 18, 2010
Well I unlocked my bootloader of my mi 11 ultra Chinese version to try other ROMs other than the stock Chinese ROM. I tried to flash the EEA ROM via fast boot but got two errors. The first one was too many links . The second one mentioned something like versions mismatch between the firmware and the phone. Does this mean that I can not install any stock ROM other than the Chinese version? If I can, then how? or how to fix this error(s)?
I'm currently on the xiaomi.eu latest weekly build . Its good overall but what I do not like is the battery life specially in idle times and most of the themes contain Chinese characters. Will installing either EEA or Global firmwares help in these issues?

Thanks in advance

Well I unlocked my bootloader of my mi 11 ultra Chinese version to try other ROMs other than the stock Chinese ROM. I tried to flash the EEA ROM via fast boot but got two errors. The first one was too many links . The second one mentioned something like versions mismatch between the firmware and the phone. Does this mean that I can not install any stock ROM other than the Chinese version? If I can, then how? or how to fix this error(s)?
I'm currently on the xiaomi.eu latest weekly build . Its good overall but what I do not like is the battery life specially in idle times and most of the themes contain Chinese characters. Will installing either EEA or Global firmwares help in these issues?

Thanks in advance
Did you use this tool?
If not download the rom here.
If yes try to change usb cable and use usb 2 port and check drivers.
Dont relock the bootloader.

Last edited:

May 25, 2017
Deep Inside Hell
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
And don't go backwards in versions without tweaking the fastboot script.
Thats not true, you can go backwards.. you need to edit the flash_all.bat file and remove these Files:

fastboot %* getvar product 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^product: *star" /c:"^product: *mars" || echo Missmatching image and device
fastboot %* getvar product 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^product: *star" /c:"^product: *mars" || exit /B 1

::check anti_version
if exist %~dp0images\anti_version.txt (for /f "delims==" %%a in (%~dp0images\anti_version.txt) do (set CURRENT_ANTI_VER=%%a))
if [%CURRENT_ANTI_VER%] EQU [] set CURRENT_ANTI_VER=0
for /f "tokens=2 delims=: " %%i in ('fastboot %* getvar anti 2^>^&1 ^| findstr /r /c:"anti:"') do (set version=%%i)
if [%version%] EQU [] set version=0
set anticheck="antirollback check pass"
if %version% GTR %CURRENT_ANTI_VER% set anticheck="Current device antirollback version is greater than this pakcage"
echo %anticheck% | findstr /r /c:"pass" || @ECHO "Antirollback check error" && exit /B 1

fastboot %* getvar crc 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^crc: 1" && if %errorlevel% equ 0 (
fastboot %* flash crclist %~dp0images\crclist.txt || @ECHO "Flash crclist error" && exit /B 1
fastboot %* flash sparsecrclist %~dp0images\sparsecrclist.txt || @ECHO "Flash sparsecrclist error" && exit /B 1
)

you can type in cmd:
fastboot getvar anti.
That needs to be the same as anti_version.txt in Folder Images
you need to check the Anti File in Images.

And if you edit with getvar and setvar then you can downgrade for sure. or simple edit as shown above :)

Thats not true, you can go backwards.. you need to edit the flash_all.bat file and remove these Files:

fastboot %* getvar product 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^product: *star" /c:"^product: *mars" || echo Missmatching image and device
fastboot %* getvar product 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^product: *star" /c:"^product: *mars" || exit /B 1

::check anti_version
if exist %~dp0images\anti_version.txt (for /f "delims==" %%a in (%~dp0images\anti_version.txt) do (set CURRENT_ANTI_VER=%%a))
if [%CURRENT_ANTI_VER%] EQU [] set CURRENT_ANTI_VER=0
for /f "tokens=2 delims=: " %%i in ('fastboot %* getvar anti 2^>^&1 ^| findstr /r /c:"anti:"') do (set version=%%i)
if [%version%] EQU [] set version=0
set anticheck="antirollback check pass"
if %version% GTR %CURRENT_ANTI_VER% set anticheck="Current device antirollback version is greater than this pakcage"
echo %anticheck% | findstr /r /c:"pass" || @ECHO "Antirollback check error" && exit /B 1

fastboot %* getvar crc 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"^crc: 1" && if %errorlevel% equ 0 (
fastboot %* flash crclist %~dp0images\crclist.txt || @ECHO "Flash crclist error" && exit /B 1
fastboot %* flash sparsecrclist %~dp0images\sparsecrclist.txt || @ECHO "Flash sparsecrclist error" && exit /B 1
)

you can type in cmd:
fastboot getvar anti.
That needs to be the same as anti_version.txt in Folder Images
you need to check the Anti File in Images.

And if you edit with getvar and setvar then you can downgrade for sure. or simple edit as shown above :)
This is what he says"without tweaking the fastboot script"
If the version of Ar is equal or higher this is not necessary.

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
What will happen if you do?
I flashed mine from Xiaomi eu 12.5.7.0 to EEA 12.5.3.0 without editing the script and phone rebooted just fine into new rom even giving me an error at the end (because didn't fix the miflashtool)

What will happen if you do?
I flashed mine from Xiaomi eu 12.5.7.0 to EEA 12.5.3.0 without editing the script and phone rebooted just fine into new rom even giving me an error at the end (because didn't fix the miflashtool)
If you do not relock the bootloader, there is an error at the end of the flash (without consequence).

jim262

Jul 17, 2015

Thanks in advance
Both those errors are easily fixed. If you download Notepad++, you can edit the <Flash all.bat> script. In the script, lines four through eleven, I believe, there is an anti roll back portion of the script. Just delete that entry. The other error is happening in the MiFlash tool. Open the app and go to the upper left hand corner and open the configuration tab. The dropdown will say MIUI configuration. Click on that and scroll down to Checkpoint and delete the entry that is there. With those items deleted, you should be able to flash from CN to EEA or Global without any problem. Just remeber to select the correct radio button in the lower right hand corner. because if you relock your bootloader, you will be unable to flash a rom until you unlock it again.