• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Global firmware

Search This thread

Jbazt_katuforzs

Mar 25, 2008
Baliuag Bulacan
Need BS3S global rom. im using CN rom KLEN2011100CN00MQ3 with joyui12. As i know latest global rom for BS3S version is KLEN2010281OS00MP3 WITH JOYUI11. want to convert to global. any have global rom please share it here. thanks
Will blackshark 3 firmware will work on 3s? my sister gave mo a phone and when i saw the exact KLEN2011100CN00MQ3 when i go to recovery. does this means i have 3s too?

jfrank12

Sep 28, 2009
Someone from the community could donate me a qcn of black shark 3 since mine when I rooted it I lost it and now I have no signal in calls nor do I detect the sim please urgently thank you

jfrank12

Sep 28, 2009
Someone from the community could donate me a qcn of black shark 3 kle-ho since mine when I rooted it I lost it and now I have no signal in calls nor do I detect the sim please urgently thank you

wertus33333

Sep 14, 2016
It is about 8GB, may more or less. and Im not on my pc.
I doubt where to upload the file. google drive had limit the file size.
how big is your super backup? (in sdcard/twrp open backup and check the partitions) we only need super, boot and recovery. If they however, updated the bootloader in the new android it wont boot...

How big does androidfilehost allow?

wertus33333

Sep 14, 2016
Will blackshark 3 firmware will work on 3s? my sister gave mo a phone and when i saw the exact KLEN2011100CN00MQ3 when i go to recovery. does this means i have 3s too?
3s is the exact same phone as 3 but with another screen... they even use the same storage... so all blackshark 3 roms after mq3 work on 3s/are the same.

maybe if we get kernel source sometime you could even "overclock" 3 screen to more than 90fps

wertus33333

Sep 14, 2016
could you share original boot of CNMR0 ?
as soon as someone shares ota R link... but you should have it in your twrp backup aswell.

Would be great if you could attach the boot.img to a post here so i can repack twrp

edit: to get boot.img: open sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/backup folder(specific)/backup folder(date of your backup) and copy boot.emmc.win to your pc and rename it to boot.img.

just saw super is 15gb for mq3 :S you could unpack it and upload the single partitions by themselves (shouldnt exceed 4gb)

Last edited:

kevin mitnick

Oct 28, 2011
as soon as someone shares ota R link... but you should have it in your twrp backup aswell
the extention of boot backup is .win.
as soon as someone shares ota R link... but you should have it in your twrp backup aswell.

Would be great if you could attach the boot.img to a post here so i can repack twrp

edit: to get boot.img: open sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS/backup folder(specific)/backup folder(date of your backup) and copy boot.emmc.win to your pc and rename it to boot.img.

just saw super is 15gb for mq3 :S you could unpack it and upload the single partitions by themselves (shouldnt exceed 4gb)
its not as simple as that. rename file .win to .img. I tried to unpack the recovery.win rename to recovery.img..no luck.

wertus33333

Sep 14, 2016
the extention of boot backup is .win.

its not as simple as that. rename file .win to .img. I tried to unpack the recovery.win rename to recovery.img..no luck.
It IS as simple as that... idk what you did wrong but twrp just compresses the raw partition to an image. You can do the same with dd (maybe twrp even uses dd). Forget about file endings, if you rename a .zip to .jpg it will still remain a zip...

I just tested booting my recovery & boot backups from fastboot and it works flawlessly. do NOT try to unpack those images they are already packed for android! With phones having recovery in boot partition its a bit different tho (bs3 does not).

just do a "fastboot boot "path to image"" and you will see. Either way, the bootimage would still be nice for twrp so i can repack it. if you cant get it to boot let that be my problem...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Need BS3S global rom. im using CN rom KLEN2011100CN00MQ3 with joyui12. As i know latest global rom for BS3S version is KLEN2010281OS00MP3 WITH JOYUI11. want to convert to global. any have global rom please share it here. thanks
    There is no global ROM for 3s. You have to wait until there is a global version of the phone available and someone shares the link to Blackshark servers/dumps it.

in the meantime check out chinese firmware https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...l-and-up-to-date-china-rom-downloads.4197717/

If you talk english its fine. You can also install magisk and use a system app disabler/"remover" so you can at least disable all the trash from china.

If you are uncomfortable with an English UI you could try installing a GSI-image (e.g. Lineage / MIUI / etc), which should basically work (just make sure to backup everything first and unlock bootloader in case sth goes wrong):

1. boot TWRP and wipe everything
    2. install KLEN2011100CN00MQ3 from my thread
    3. Download an A/B GSI ROM (refered to gsi.img later on)

Now there are different methods:
    1. reboot to fastboot, "fastboot erase system" if it does not work try "fastboot reboot fastboot" and try to erase system again. if this does not work try "fastboot reboot fastbootd" and erase system (if it was successful stay in the mode it worked and go to 2., if you did not succeed with any, reboot to bootloader and go to 2 as well)
    2. Flash GSI by either (you have to try what works):
    2.1 fastboot flash system gsi.img, check if boots
    2.2 fastboot flash super gsi.img, check if boots
    2.3 fastboot reboot fastboot and then try 2.1 and 2.2, check if boots
    2.4 fastboot reboot fastbootd and then try 2.1 and 2.2, check if boots
    3. Report back if it worked (Exact steps so i can reproduce what you did and which GSI u used) if sth bugs you can send me a logcat (PM!), what the problem is (e.g. WLAN not working) and i can check if there is an easy solution.

It would be great to see if users stuck on china rom can just install a GSI and have full Languages.
    There is no global ROM for 3s. You have to wait until there is a global version of the phone available and someone shares the link to Blackshark servers/dumps it.

in the meantime check out chinese firmware https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...l-and-up-to-date-china-rom-downloads.4197717/

If you talk english its fine. You can also install magisk and use a system app disabler/"remover" so you can at least disable all the trash from china.

If you are uncomfortable with an English UI you could try installing a GSI-image (e.g. Lineage / MIUI / etc), which should basically work (just make sure to backup everything first and unlock bootloader in case sth goes wrong):

1. boot TWRP and wipe everything
    2. install KLEN2011100CN00MQ3 from my thread
    3. Download an A/B GSI ROM (refered to gsi.img later on)

Now there are different methods:
    1. reboot to fastboot, "fastboot erase system" if it does not work try "fastboot reboot fastboot" and try to erase system again. if this does not work try "fastboot reboot fastbootd" and erase system (if it was successful stay in the mode it worked and go to 2., if you did not succeed with any, reboot to bootloader and go to 2 as well)
    2. Flash GSI by either (you have to try what works):
    2.1 fastboot flash system gsi.img, check if boots
    2.2 fastboot flash super gsi.img, check if boots
    2.3 fastboot reboot fastboot and then try 2.1 and 2.2, check if boots
    2.4 fastboot reboot fastbootd and then try 2.1 and 2.2, check if boots
    3. Report back if it worked (Exact steps so i can reproduce what you did and which GSI u used) if sth bugs you can send me a logcat (PM!), what the problem is (e.g. WLAN not working) and i can check if there is an easy solution.

It would be great to see if users stuck on china rom can just install a GSI and have full Languages.

Successfully flashed on my first try
    Nice! Thanks a lot for trying :) now we'd have to try if the native shark apps (like rgb control/power overlay) work under lineage

I followed the instructions of Redmi K30 Pro and also used its vbmeta.img because apparently you can't boot into non MIUI(JOYUI in this case) without flashing it.

Reboot to bootloader:

adb reboot bootloader

Flash vbmeta with

fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

If using wzsx150's unofficial TWRP, flash stock recovery

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Reboot to fastbootd

fastboot reboot fastboot

Flash system with

fastboot flash system system.img

Wipe data

fastboot -w

Reboot phone

fastboot reboot

I got the vbmeta.img here https://flashxiaomi.com/download-and-install-twrp-on-xiaomi-redmi-k30-pro/

I skipped flashing stock recovery cause I didn't flash twrp in my recovery. I don't know what will happen tho if flashing gsi with twrp installed.

I flashed GSI AOSP 10.0 v220 and v222 and both boot successfully.

Wifi, Bluetooth, and Camera seems working. Unfortunately I can't test Data, Messages and Call because I don't have any signal in my area.

The ROM was pretty smooth overall and they even have 120/90hz supported. Only reason I won't use the ROM as daily driver is because the rgb is always lighting green. Can't seem to find in the settings to turn it off, and even sideloaded the Light Effect app from the stock rom and it goes not responsive every time I open it.

Also, I got bootlooped after pressing Securize which was supposed to unroot superuser that came with the gsi ROM. I did get the phone back to revert to stock ROM.
    I need Global firmware. The version number is KLE2005121OS00MP1.Or other newer versions.

If you have any, you can send me a private message.

Thank you!
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/black-shark-3-global-rom-support-ota-update.4203471/
    You r wellcome
    This mp3
    Thanks a lot for the detailed instructions :D. Can i use your research to create a thread for gsi's in the future? (i will mention you ofc). There should be some option for notification lights somewhere in settings, does sth change if you change that?

i think gsi's only work with root.

for desktop mode, i think lineage had such a function in developer options once (no idea if its still there) or you could use linux4android and emulate a full linux (but you can only share your phone display that way--> not possible to use phone normally while using linux. Maybe by simulating a second screen and forcing the vnc viewer to this screen? but you would have to do some research concerning this)

I tried the notification lights in the settings and it didn't work. I flashed back the gsi rom earlier in the morning and used it for a day and I discovered that call volume isn't working. Even when I slide it down to basically 0 call can still be heard at maximum volume. And there is an option on developer settings for desktop mode but there was only black screen on the monitor even after turning on the freeform and resizable settings, the same on joyui rom(there's also desktop mode in settings on joyui). Also audio is broken from the start, you have to disable audio effects on treble settings.

For going back to joyui rom restoring it from backup isn't possible(at least in my case it didn't boot up). You'd have to flash the firmware back. I flashed mine back to stock rom just now, and I just remembered I didn't get to test the shark space bar and what would happen if I slide it on.

And yeah, you can use my research for making the thread. I'm wondering why there's no one talking about flashing gsi on bs3 till now.