General GLOBAL OnePlus 9 MSM TOOL UPDATED

Search This thread

applyscience

Nov 25, 2016
OnePlus 9
u mean i can not flash global variant at the first time, only after indian variant?
my phone was stuck in EDL and every msm i had said it was a mismatch. Basically, all MSM checks to assure it running on the proper device, except for the OP9 Pro variant. this allowed me to then use the original msm i needed (which is in my case, non pro global.

If unsure or doesnt work for you for whatever reason, there are a few guides in this OP9 forum on how to change from europe, global or whatever and even some specifically for switching to or from colorOS/OOS. id check them all out and see which way you feel is best for you.

Reactions: Fomenokd

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Hello! I bought a new OP9 LE2110. It's sealed new box with Color OS. I want to try last build of OOS 11.

Please tell me the most correct way how can I upgrade to OOS 11 Global version firmware

What version of MSM tool should I use? A lot of different information and do not want to make mistakes.
Don't use MSM Tool, unlock the bootloader and use the global downgrade package for 11.2.8.8. That will take you straight to OOS11 as I have done this myself to switch back from COS after I flashed it to try it.

Since you're likely on ColorOS 12, you will need to use this APK.

Download the downgrade package, put it in the root of the phone storage, install the APK, open it, hit the gear, choose the downgrade package zip.

You can use a global or EU downgrade package, I wouldn't use India though.

Fomenokd

Feb 9, 2020
OnePlus 9
Google Pixel 5a
Don't use MSM Tool, unlock the bootloader and use the global downgrade package for 11.2.8.8. That will take you straight to OOS11 as I have done this myself to switch back from COS after I flashed it to try it.

Since you're likely on ColorOS 12, you will need to use this APK.

Download the downgrade package, put it in the root of the phone storage, install the APK, open it, hit the gear, choose the downgrade package zip.

You can use a global or EU downgrade package, I wouldn't use India though.
Thank you! Unlock bootloader is need for downgrade with global or euro region? Without this I can’t use this downgrade roms?

After successfully downgrade can I lock bootloader back?

Or u mean unlock bootloader to be safely if this is problem?

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Thank you! Unlock bootloader is need for downgrade with global or euro region? Without this I can’t use this downgrade roms?

After successfully downgrade can I lock bootloader back?

Or u mean unlock bootloader to be safely if this is problem?
Downgrade package may be deleted by the phone if you don't have an unlocked bootloader. As you will still be on official software, you can re-lock the bootloader afterwards if you wish.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Frist off Im not responsible for anything that happens to your phone!!!

VERY SIMPLE IF YOU ARE BICKED,BOOTLOOPED OR JUST WANT TO GO BACK TO 100% STOCK

THIS WILL WIPE ALL DATA!!!
    AN RELOCK BOOTLOADER

OOS 11.2.4.4.LE25AA

MUST HAVE QAULCOMM DRIVER'S INSTALLED (FOR EDL TO WORK!!)

CLICK LINK DOWNLOAD MSM TOOL
    UNZIP
    CLICK ON MSM TOOL
    RUN AS OTHER!!
    REBOOT TO EDL
    (POWER OFF)
    HOLD BOTH VOLUME UP AND DOWN CONNCET TO PC
    WHEN YOU SEE CONECTED CLICK START AND LET IT RUN DEVICE WILL REBOOT ONCE DONE!!!

MSM TOOL UPDATED
    DRIVERS

BUY ME A BEER🍻
    I'm working on trees as well lol
    MSM tool for our device is totally screwed up. Something happened and Oneplus wont acknowledge it. They know about it though. The MSM tool will not work.
    I have an OP9 and tried every regional variants MSM tool without success.
    The only MSM tool that will work with many OP9 devices is the OP9 Pro - India tool. It has to be the India version for some reason.
    Once you recover with the OP9 Pro India tool, then flash with correct OP9 image. Then do it again to flash both slots. Thats the only thing that worked for me and many others.
    I've been using OnePlus phones since their launch now nearly 10 years ago. I remember that they were heavily supported by the developer community, as Nexus soon made its way out.

Things change. Boy, do they ever.

Price right up there with Samsung et al.
    Updates and support (hello, MSM?) lagging further and further behind.
    Devs' phone? Ha! We don't even have a fully functional TWRP (now granted, that's not on OP but a reflection on our community's waning interest in OP).

I'm thinking Pixel 6 Pro.

Sorry for the off topic rant.
    No rush; was just reporting the error. Thanks for replying. Hope he get well soon, and best wishes!
    UPDATED