• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

General GLOBAL OnePlus 9 MSM TOOL UPDATED

Search This thread

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9
Mh, my chinese device is totally bricked, it did not even react to power connection. Nevertheless, under device manger in windows I can see it as "Qualcom HS-USB QDLoader 9008" but in MSM it is not recognized. I am not able to get a reaction from the phone...not by pressing any button. Do you have an idea?
Did you use this msm above? Your a Chinese version. This is for global variant.

Reactions: AxelM

FizzyAps

Jun 13, 2018
cincinnati
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9
Mh, my chinese device is totally bricked, it did not even react to power connection. Nevertheless, under device manger in windows I can see it as "Qualcom HS-USB QDLoader 9008 - Com4" but with a yellow exclamation mark and in the MSM tool it is not recognized. I am not able to get a reaction from the phone...not by pressing any button. Do you have an idea?
this tool is for global only

but yes to fix that issues reinstall drivers and try differnt usb port or cable

Reactions: AxelM

AxelM

Jul 10, 2007
OnePlus 9
Thank you both. The issue was that the driver was installed, but without signature...by using the windows10 start without forcing to use signatured drivers, the msm tool at least found the device.
I have also downloaded the indian variant, but nevertheless, I always get the Sahara communication error, which I am not able to overcome, because I don't have a second usb-c to usb-a cable. I have to buy one ;) and then try again...

Last edited:

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9
Thank you both. The issue was that the driver was installed, but without signature...by using the windows10 start without forcing to use signatured drivers, the msm tool at least found the device.
I have also downloaded the indian variant, but nevertheless, I always get the Sahara communication error, which I am not able to overcome, because I don't habe a second usb-c to usb-a cable. I have to buy one ;) and then try again...
I'm coming from the op8 and just using my old cable from that device to connect to PC. But yeah op9 did come with usb-c to usb-c only.

AxelM

Jul 10, 2007
OnePlus 9
Mh, now I got a new OP cabel (usb-c / usb-a) but still the same error in MSM Tool.

When I want to use the tool, I have to be in the run of "Start-up Settings" of windows 10 (no certificate needed). When I reboot, the drivers are gone.

Nevertheless, the error after "start download firehose binary" for 18sec. "Sahara communication error" stays.

I have rebootet the device several times (power button an +loudness)

But no change in behaviour. I also tried another computer, but also no luck. Any additional ideas?

In addition: When I klick on "Use lite firehouse" it says "device not match image" no matter if I use the Indian, global or telekom variant of msm. I think the reason is, that it is a chinese LE2110 device. Does there exist a MSM tool? Because I could not find one...

Last edited:

TBTE

May 17, 2014
Hey, I recently did the update to Android 12 and it bricked my device.

When I go to hit the download link it seems to lead to a corrupted file that I can't manage to open all the way, I was just wondering if the link was going to be updated sometime?

aTorda

Mar 20, 2021
I downloaded and used 7zip to extract the bz2 file "lemonade_22_O.07_210412.tar.bz2" and it gave me Data Error. I tried using PeaZip and also error msg saying password is needed for the achieve. What did I do wrong, or is the file corrupted? Help appreciated, thanks!

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9
I downloaded and used 7zip to extract the bz2 file "lemonade_22_O.07_210412.tar.bz2" and it gave me Data Error. I tried using PeaZip and also error msg saying password is needed for the achieve. What did I do wrong, or is the file corrupted? Help appreciated, thanks!
He's currently in the hospital. He will be out soon and repost . !!

applyscience

Nov 25, 2016
OnePlus 9
1624651500718.png

this is that i have after installing your driver package. attempting to repair or update the install doesnt work for me, ive reinstalled the drivers in test mode out of test mode and nothing gets 9 to show proper drivers.

r
i hvae a older msmtool for op9 thta runs bit now doesnt work (maybe becuase i am on paranoid android alpha)

when i try to run this version i just get an image no found error (maybe also due to PA alpha,idk) all i know is im done alpha testong roms :)

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9
View attachment 5347803

this is that i have after installing your driver package. attempting to repair or update the install doesnt work for me, ive reinstalled the drivers in test mode out of test mode and nothing gets 9 to show proper drivers.

r
i hvae a older msmtool for op9 thta runs bit now doesnt work (maybe becuase i am on paranoid android alpha)

when i try to run this version i just get an image no found error (maybe also due to PA alpha,idk) all i know is im done alpha testong roms :)
I waited for apparent reasons..on the op8 he went all the way to Alpha 7

Top Liked Posts