General Global Realme GT 8+128Gb ordered from Aliexpress to UK

Search This thread

Chi Am

Feb 18, 2013
Mine is in Liege purgatory since the 29th June, anyone else in the same situation?
Yes.

Purchased from same store as OP on June 21st...........expected delivery July 3rd.
Dispatched on June 22nd.
Arrival Liege-Linehaul's deepest black pit on June 29th.
Today, August 3rd, one Month delay from the expected delivery date.........still in the deepest black pit of Liege-Linehaul.

To all who purchase anything from AliExpress, don't use the AliExpress Standard Shipping method.....search Liege-Linehaul and realise the horrendous service thet provide.

Then again, I purchased a showerhead and it arrived within ten days.

Last edited:

Chi Am

Feb 18, 2013
GT arrived this morning and sold to a friend by the afternoon
Mine also arrived today surprisingly, twenty minutes later and all set to go....still a few adjustments required..........and it's going to be a keeper.

If I don't like it, then it'll be used to install Android 12 Beta to satisfy my curiosity.

Attachments

• Realme GT 5G_SetUp.jpg
    Realme GT 5G_SetUp.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 50

Chi Am

Feb 18, 2013
Great you finally got it. how weird, mine was just 1 week with dpd shipping from spain
Most probably the China warehouse shipping to Europe have to go throgh the Liege-Linehaul.
AliExpress's biggest mistake was to go cheapskate and chose Belgium instead of Holland/Germany as the European Gateway.

hcw0001

Jul 15, 2018
Hi, do you need to pay tax when you buy a phone from Aliexpress from China to UK? About to order one realme gt 8g but I was worried about tax... any idea/

Chi Am

Feb 18, 2013
Based on what do you think it's a mistake?
No mistake on my part, I purchased a Realme GT for a total cost of £324.98p and I'm most delighted with this smartphone.

The mistake I posted is in regard to AliExpress using Belgium as a Gateway in Europe, in comparison to Dutch and German efficiency, this Belgium hub leaves little to be desired. It isn't Belgium people are lazy, it's just that they have insufficient staff to process such vast bulks of parcels. There were many Liege-Linehaul employees venting their dissatisfaction on Social Media.

Off topic: Note the Carrier Services App had interfered with Banking security validation my device. It can be uninstalled utilising CMD (admin) with >> pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.ims >>
Otherwise this phone is nigh perfect with due consideration of it's price.

Reactions: Zierbeek

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My package arrived today, was sent just after my last post. Would not have expected this fast delivery to here :)
    Mine has finally arrived in UK customs, should be with me early next week hopefully.
    Based on what do you think it's a mistake?
    No mistake on my part, I purchased a Realme GT for a total cost of £324.98p and I'm most delighted with this smartphone.

The mistake I posted is in regard to AliExpress using Belgium as a Gateway in Europe, in comparison to Dutch and German efficiency, this Belgium hub leaves little to be desired. It isn't Belgium people are lazy, it's just that they have insufficient staff to process such vast bulks of parcels. There were many Liege-Linehaul employees venting their dissatisfaction on Social Media.

Off topic: Note the Carrier Services App had interfered with Banking security validation my device. It can be uninstalled utilising CMD (admin) with >> pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.ims >>
    Otherwise this phone is nigh perfect with due consideration of it's price.