• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Global ROM for Xiaomi Pad 5 (nabu)

Search This thread

chaunc

Sep 25, 2005
Here is what happens for me
1) I get it flashed with just "clean all" <-- get the error message but the tablet restarts and all is fine (tablet is still unlocked)
2) when I flash it with "clean all and lock" <-- everything works fine, I get the success message (see attached picture); but when I reboot the tablet, I get the second screen which kicks the tablet into recovery mode (second picture)

What did I do wrong?
You should re-unlock bootloader

Wallace4793

Mar 10, 2014
Hi,

Ive done a few flashes over the year (ooo-errr) but I don’t think I’m willing to risk it given it’s so new, don’t want to brick my tablet. I hope someone will post a video on YouTube soon so I can follow step by step.

john

puleen

Sep 5, 2007
You should re-unlock bootloader
so I have tried that, I have re-unlocked the bootloader, re-flashed from China to Global Rom, and at the end when I go to lock the bootloader, I get the success message, but when I boot the laptop it goes to the screen which says "this rom is not compatible with this device" and it wont boot into the rom.

chaunc

Sep 25, 2005
so I have tried that, I have re-unlocked the bootloader, re-flashed from China to Global Rom, and at the end when I go to lock the bootloader, I get the success message, but when I boot the laptop it goes to the screen which says "this rom is not compatible with this device" and it wont boot into the rom.
I dont know why because I dont meet that issues!
You should try global rom V12.5.8 OR, re flash to Chinal Rom and flash to global rom later

chaunc

Sep 25, 2005
Hi,

Ive done a few flashes over the year (ooo-errr) but I don’t think I’m willing to risk it given it’s so new, don’t want to brick my tablet. I hope someone will post a video on YouTube soon so I can follow step by step.

john
I think, right now, Miflash tool and / or Rom image has problem (not stable)
If you dont want to take a rick, wait few months

puleen

Sep 5, 2007
I dont know why because I dont meet that issues!
You should try global rom V12.5.8 OR, re flash to Chinal Rom and flash to global rom later
I have tried both China and Global Rom 12.5.8 and still when I lock the bootloader, I get to a recovery screen that says "this rom is not meant for this device".

I am super annoyed now!

chaunc

Sep 25, 2005
I have tried both China and Global Rom 12.5.8 and still when I lock the bootloader, I get to a recovery screen that says "this rom is not meant for this device".

I am super annoyed now!
Sorry, I have no idea about that!
But, have you try another MiFlash tool or wipe data / wipe all in recovery mode

puleen

Sep 5, 2007
I sorted this out. Ended up finding a China Rom that enabled me to go back and then lock it. Thanks for a redditor, I was able to debloat the China rom and im all set.

Thank you all! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the same "Request parameter error". Waiting to find something or an updated ROM.
    we are all with the same problem in the global rom, we need root and a global rom to flash
    we are all with the same problem in the global rom, we need root and a global rom to flash
    The Global ROM is supposed to be here, however, I don't know why it is a blank page.
    I don't know why is taking so much time to have an available global rom & to fix the unlock bootloader issue !
    I don't know why is taking so much time to have an available global rom & to fix the unlock bootloader issue !
    They just release 12.5.10, but for China version only!!!

1634105535154.png