• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Global Rom

Search This thread

Stelsinki

Jul 9, 2021
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Blocked again
short summary
  • bootloader unlocker
  • extrated imaged from the payload.bin
based on my understanding here, i need to flash one by one all the partitions and images. I did not understand if there is an order or it is ok to flash all of them
  • fastboot flashing unlock - done
  • fastboot flashing unlock_critical - done
Still getting message about
"
FAILED (remote: 'Flashing is not allowed for Critical Partitions.
"

any ideas how i can solve this?

Stelsinki

Jul 9, 2021
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Blocked again
short summary
  • bootloader unlocker
  • extrated imaged from the payload.bin
based on my understanding here, i need to flash one by one all the partitions and images. I did not understand if there is an order or it is ok to flash all of them
  • fastboot flashing unlock - done
  • fastboot flashing unlock_critical - done
Still getting message about
"
FAILED (remote: 'Flashing is not allowed for Critical Partitions.
"

any ideas how i can solve this?
Flashing with specific order and doing "fastboot reboot fastboot" it solved the issue about the critical partition.

But I erased product and vendor partition to make space for the system, then i did again "fastboot reboot fastboot". The device didnt restart, black screen .

Did I brick the device for good? Can I still try to fix it ?

RafVirgo

Jul 6, 2016
is there any effective and simple way to upgrade the firmware to global? There are some videos on YouTube but this does not seem to be an obvious solution to the problem in my opinion. unclear...

hkdoublecat

Jul 13, 2011
Flashing with specific order and doing "fastboot reboot fastboot" it solved the issue about the critical partition.

But I erased product and vendor partition to make space for the system, then i did again "fastboot reboot fastboot". The device didnt restart, black screen .

Did I brick the device for good? Can I still try to fix it ?
No response from the device at all? How does it show in device manager?If it is hard bricked it could be unbricked with QFIL tool:

Stelsinki

Jul 9, 2021
Google Pixel 4a 5G
No response from the device at all? How does it show in device manager?If it is hard bricked it could be unbricked with QFIL tool:

Someone claim that MSM download tool would unbrik the realme as it does for oppo and oneplus. I studied MSM and it seems somehow related to Qualcomm driver.

I can see the device as qualcomm device in my device manager. I take a look at your guide, i think the problem would be to get OFP image from realme

hkdoublecat

Jul 13, 2011
Someone claim that MSM download tool would unbrik the realme as it does for oppo and oneplus. I studied MSM and it seems somehow related to Qualcomm driver.

I can see the device as qualcomm device in my device manager. I take a look at your guide, i think the problem would be to get OFP image from realme

The link above does have a zip file contain OFP image, hope it helps:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Could you please describe your problem a bit more? Like, at which step of the update do you got problems? What did you already tried to solve it?
    yes of course. I follow the instruktions on the realme site. Since i have the CN version of the phone i think thats why it does not work. whenever i select the update package it says " Verification failed". i tried some adb sideload without success
    I guess there is no successful flash of the global rom yet. I have asked the customer service and some phone shops in China for a way but they are saying it is not flashable
    I contacted the realme support, they referred me to the local service partner, who told me he was unable to get the global rom on the chinese version...

seems lost so far...

all communication with realme felt like auto-reply...
    I also have Realme Gt 5g and I remember when they talk about ceritification of the global device that it has same hardware number so i have high hope that hardware is the same.

do you know https://realmeupdater.com/ ? I signed up there too to get possible global image
    this works ??