Gmail alterative

Search This thread

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
Ive been having issues for a very long time with Gmail and unfortunately any new update does not fix this. I use Gmail for multiple accounts and when i delete or try to move things into folders they keep appearing and i have to do it several times or log into a computer to get it to work.

I've tried several email apps, I need an app that will sync my outlook calendar to google calendar app and will work with exchange and other email platforms. I used to use aquamail, but it was bought by a cheetah mobile type of company. I hate Gmail, but it is the only app I have found that can do what I described above, have everything streamlined. Just the deleting and moving of emails is not reliable.

Any suggestions ?

tfly212

Dec 1, 2011
New York
Second that for Nine Mail... I used it for my outlook client until my company started using VMware Boxer. Miss Nine mail a lot.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

technolust109

May 22, 2011
Melbourne
I use Newton (Old name Cloud Magic) its pretty pricy but i love how it is compatible with literally all OS's, Android, iOS, Windows 10 and OSX.

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Tried nine, works good for microsoft, but does not run other email clients.

Will try others....ugh......stuck with Gmail. I don't know of an easy to get ahold of google to submit feedback for them to fix.

I've tried a few others which everything works well, but does not sync my microsoft outlook calendar to google calendar. I need the calendar though.

Sgace

Jul 9, 2011
Why is Aquamail a problem for you?

Sent from my Google Pixel using XDA Labs

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014

Aquamail does not work for my exchange anymore. They changed something since I last used it, I'm not sure how they verify microsoft outlook, but i cannot register my outlook emails anymore. It used to work perfectly in Dec 2016 with my calendar but not anymore.

Just reluctantly using gmail right now.

Reactions: Sgace

mngdew

Aug 17, 2010
Los Angeles
Tried nine, works good for microsoft, but does not run other email clients.

Will try others....ugh......stuck with Gmail. I don't know of an easy to get ahold of google to submit feedback for them to fix.

I've tried a few others which everything works well, but does not sync my microsoft outlook calendar to google calendar. I need the calendar though.

My company email is based on gmail (business gmail) It works great with Nine. Nine cannot sync with general email because Google made some policy change back in 2013.

Last edited:

thedosbox

Mar 19, 2011
Aquamail does not work for my exchange anymore. They changed something since I last used it, I'm not sure how they verify microsoft outlook, but i cannot register my outlook emails anymore. It used to work perfectly in Dec 2016 with my calendar but not anymore.

Doesn't Exchange support require a Pro key?

My company email is based on gmail (business gmail) It works great with Nine. Nine cannot sync with general email because Google made some policy change back in 2013.

Specifically, they removed ActiveSync support from general accounts. It's still available for G Suite accounts though.

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Doesn't Exchange support require a Pro key?

Specifically, they removed ActiveSync support from general accounts. It's still available for G Suite accounts though.

Not sure but I have the pro key. Maybe this weekend I'll try it one more time. Everything works except outlook. It has a lot of features as well.

It got bought by mobisystems awhile back. Make me wonder what changes they made. Are they shady like Cheetah mobile?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.