• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Gmail notifications still don't work

Search This thread

stefal639

Jan 2, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
From the early june i still have no notifies for mail in gmail accounts. I try all the possible solutions, also a new Clean flash of the original rom, but the behavior is the same: i receive the notifies only manual opening the gmail app.
Try switchcing with custom rom (crdroid) and notifies works, but i need the original oos, so it's not a solution.
I think that is a play service related problem due to on the end of july after a update of play service the notifies come back to work... But... Another update stop them working.

Have you got a working solution?
I start a new work that use gwork suite, so i still not receive also the work mails 😡.

Thanks

Reactions: procent

daavid1995

Jan 19, 2011
Graz
OnePlus 9 Pro
Try this, worked for me.

Reset the App permissions, it may be that an app or apps or something connected is causing the issue.

Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > see all apps > select three dots > Reset app preferences.

Then reboot.

⚠️This will not delete your apps data but you will have to provide permissions for all your Apps again.⚠️

Then ensure Gmail has Notifications enabled in its App info>Notifications.

Jomsha

Jun 18, 2021
Download this latest version of Gmail from apkmirror

2021.08.08.391791932.Release

Problem solved since installed it.

stefal639

Jan 2, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
Try this, worked for me.

Reset the App permissions, it may be that an app or apps or something connected is causing the issue.

Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > see all apps > select three dots > Reset app preferences.

Then reboot.

⚠️This will not delete your apps data but you will have to provide permissions for all your Apps again.⚠️

Then ensure Gmail has Notifications enabled in its App info>Notifications.
Made it, not working.
Download this latest version of Gmail from apkmirror

2021.08.08.391791932.Release

Problem solved since installed it.
Same... Still don't have notifies

Jomsha

Jun 18, 2021
Made it, not working.

Same... Still don't have notifies
I've downloaded Oneplus Launcher 5.2.26 together with the Gmail app. Maybe the launcher is the reason for it being fixed.
BTW Launcher 5.2.26 fixed a lot of bugs on the launcher and now the 120Hz is better but not perfect. Scrolling too.

jir591

Sep 4, 2010
I have the same problem with notifications. Until this is fixed, I'm using FairEmail to pull my gmail and the notifications work.

Reactions: nujackk

mycomputerisjunk

Dec 7, 2009
The Icarus v2
This really is not a issue limited to Oneplus. All my Android devices have poor Gmail notifications. I was under the impression that it was optimized using Doze: https://developer.android.com/training/monitoring-device-state/doze-standby

If you use something like Outlook Email, notifications are not restricted in the background. I would rather use Gmail, but it does not send notifications reliably. So, Outlook it is.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From the early june i still have no notifies for mail in gmail accounts. I try all the possible solutions, also a new Clean flash of the original rom, but the behavior is the same: i receive the notifies only manual opening the gmail app.
    Try switchcing with custom rom (crdroid) and notifies works, but i need the original oos, so it's not a solution.
    I think that is a play service related problem due to on the end of july after a update of play service the notifies come back to work... But... Another update stop them working.

Have you got a working solution?
    I start a new work that use gwork suite, so i still not receive also the work mails 😡.

Thanks
    I have the same problem with notifications. Until this is fixed, I'm using FairEmail to pull my gmail and the notifications work.