• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Gmail notifications still don't work

Search This thread

eugenechiuu

Oct 20, 2011
Hi guys, I have been using my OP9 Pro for a few months and all the while it was India ROM. I have had the same Gmail issues and none of the solution works.

Sometimes it works for a few days after I clear cache and restart, however the moment I swipe away any incoming email instead of reading it, the PUSH notification stops immediately. If i try to click in all the emails that come in, the PUSH notification works for a few days until it stops working again.

Recently I got my gf another OP9Pro as well but hers was running Global ROM, so far she doesn't have any Gmail notification issues. Since 11.2.10.10 came out, I decided to switch my India ROM to Global ROM to see if it solves this issue, cleared Gmail cache as well after I upgraded.

Running 11.2.10.10 for 1 day now, it seems like Gmail notifications are coming in fine so far, fingers crossed installing the Global Oxygen OS might be the solution.

Reactions: bugac

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From the early june i still have no notifies for mail in gmail accounts. I try all the possible solutions, also a new Clean flash of the original rom, but the behavior is the same: i receive the notifies only manual opening the gmail app.
    Try switchcing with custom rom (crdroid) and notifies works, but i need the original oos, so it's not a solution.
    I think that is a play service related problem due to on the end of july after a update of play service the notifies come back to work... But... Another update stop them working.

Have you got a working solution?
    I start a new work that use gwork suite, so i still not receive also the work mails 😡.

Thanks
    I have the same problem with notifications. Until this is fixed, I'm using FairEmail to pull my gmail and the notifications work.
    Hi guys, I have been using my OP9 Pro for a few months and all the while it was India ROM. I have had the same Gmail issues and none of the solution works.

Sometimes it works for a few days after I clear cache and restart, however the moment I swipe away any incoming email instead of reading it, the PUSH notification stops immediately. If i try to click in all the emails that come in, the PUSH notification works for a few days until it stops working again.

Recently I got my gf another OP9Pro as well but hers was running Global ROM, so far she doesn't have any Gmail notification issues. Since 11.2.10.10 came out, I decided to switch my India ROM to Global ROM to see if it solves this issue, cleared Gmail cache as well after I upgraded.

Running 11.2.10.10 for 1 day now, it seems like Gmail notifications are coming in fine so far, fingers crossed installing the Global Oxygen OS might be the solution.