Question Gmaps Navigation without screen on on phone.

Search This thread

spahaze420k

May 24, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Hi all,

Recently got the watch 4 and this has been mind boggling me since the day i got it.

Is there any way to have Google Maps update the location on the watch with the screen of on the phone?

Navigation works fine, but as soon as i turn off the screen on the phone to put it my pocket, navigation stops updating on the watch. I guess it also stops updating on the phone as the screen is off.

I have tried several things, give location access at all time for maps on both phone and watch. Also removed any battery restrictions or power saving features for maps. Also checked the sleep lists in device care on the phone, but maps is nowhere to be found there at all and cant be added.

I did write with Samsung support and they did actually confirm that this is not a feature and that phone screen has to be on/phone unlocked for navigation to keep updating..

Is there any workaround for this at all?

Phone is a a52s 5g and it is already going mental sometimes in the pocket even when locked. God knows how many pocket screenshots I have of emergency dial with endless of numbers input.

spahaze420k

May 24, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Yes I believe so to, so maybe it was better to post this at the a52 forums. Just thought maybe someone was in the same boat as me here.

Been a happy xiaomi user for years, why did i jump on the galaxy bandwagon now 😅

Reactions: michei69

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes I believe so to, so maybe it was better to post this at the a52 forums. Just thought maybe someone was in the same boat as me here.

Been a happy xiaomi user for years, why did i jump on the galaxy bandwagon now 😅