GMS core is back !!!

Search This thread

Arthaseven

Nov 30, 2016
due to offical forum,GMS is back.

you have to uninsatll your GMS core (if there is) first. (neccessary)
then update your firmware to B135. (neccessary)
after, go to huawei store ,find "GMS 安装器" and install .
enjoy!!

I tested, It works !!
My device : MHA-AL00 B135 (Update from B125,china edition) 4G+64G.

Last edited:
Reactions: SWBgHz

Real_April

Nov 30, 2016
It works!

I upgraded my mate9(4+32) from b125(?) to B135, and installed this app. After reboot, the GMScore is installed, and all Gapps I installed later works.
It seems that this third-party has found a way to flash a custom zip through Huawei's new recovery.
Can anyone look into the mechanism?

monsoon12

Mar 29, 2015
I upgraded my mate9(4+32) from b125(?) to B135, and installed this app. After reboot, the GMScore is installed, and all Gapps I installed later works.
It seems that this third-party has found a way to flash a custom zip through Huawei's new recovery.
Can anyone look into the mechanism?

I think this is not third-party but actually official. Because Bruce Lee, the Huawei VP of Handsets Product Line also posts this app in his Weibo.
Though HUAWEI may don't want to officially acknowledge it for some reason.

eddiemdx

Nov 30, 2016
It is an official app

APK name:com.huawei.gmsinstaller.1611301922
APK signature: EMAILADDRESS=mobile@huawei.com, CN=AndroidTeam, OU=TerminalCompany, O=Huawei, L=Shengzhen, ST=Guangdong, C=CN

SWBgHz

Jul 7, 2010
So this app installs Google apps, without any Google play issues, on the Chi es version of the Mate 9? Even ROMs later than that one ending in 9 where Play works?

enjoy!!

I tested, It works !!

And all Google Play stuff works?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using XDA Labs

Arthaseven

Nov 30, 2016
So this app installs Google apps, without any Google play issues, on the Chi es version of the Mate 9? Even ROMs later than that one ending in 9 where Play works?

yes. IT seems like an official app, but released by third party.
when you click install button., IT require reboot,reboot to recovery!as far as we know, only huawei knows how to install software through recovery.

I test most Google apps,like play.play games, gmail. and etc . all work well.

SWBgHz

Jul 7, 2010
Nice. I ordered Chinese Mate 9 with the firmware that is already good for Play but this will allow me to update firmware and keep Google Play working.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using XDA Labs

SWBgHz

Jul 7, 2010
So does that mean we can purchase the 6gb ram version and be fine installing Google on the phone?

Yep, that is what it means. I still got one with the 009 firmware so it works out of the box myself, but now will have the option to use this to be able to update the firmware to more recent version and get Play working.

Yes sir.! Google is running great with my 6+128

Curious about best practice here. Best to take it out of the box, update to latest OTA firmware version, then install and run GMS to get play and setup your stuff? Or, best to setup an 009 firmware Chinese version with all your stuff, then update firmware, then install and run GMS and your stuff?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using XDA Labs

Last edited:
Reactions: rolphez and cezeff

Jktfong

May 29, 2012
Yep, that is what it means. I still got one with the 009 firmware so it works out of the box myself, but now will have the option to use this to be able to update the firmware to more recent version and get Play working.

Curious about best practice here. Best to take it out of the box, update to latest OTA firmware version, then install and run GMS to get play and setup your stuff? Or, best to setup an 009 firmware Chinese version with all your stuff, then update firmware, then install and run GMS and your stuff?

I think it's always the best idea to update fresh. So my take would be to take it out of the Box, update it to the latest, install GM's and then set it up.

Seventhwave

Nov 16, 2014
Boston, MA
I think this is not third-party but actually official. Because Bruce Lee, the Huawei VP of Handsets Product Line also posts this app in his Weibo.
Though HUAWEI may don't want to officially acknowledge it for some reason.

The Chinese version is about $100 cheaper than the international version and does not come with a preloaded GMS core. The lack of GMS somehow irrritated lots of so-called high-end Chinese users that frequently travel internationally. There was heated dicussion and deep dissapointment spreading in the official Huawei forum and people threatened to return the device if Huawei does nothing to satisfy them on GMS core availability. According to someone close to the management, it is because the neogotiation between Huawei and Google on the use of GMS did not work out and maybe it is true that Google charges HUAWEI on the use of GMS on domestic devices. It is all possible that Huawei marketed the mate 9 relatively cheaper in rhe Chinese market in order to take more market share, and do not want people from other countries to take advantage of the lower price of the Chinese version as it will harm the premium figure Huawei tries to establish on the mate 9. So to ease the Chinese users that need GMS and prevent internstional users from importing from China, they released this GSM installer in a "secret" way.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

are you able to use google now launcher? we are in very similar situation but my 4+64 cannot switch to google now launcher..

Jktfong

May 29, 2012
The Chinese version is about $100 cheaper than the international version and does not come with a preloaded GMS core. The lack of GMS somehow irrritated lots of so-called high-end Chinese users that frequently travel internationally. There was heated dicussion and deep dissapointment spreading in the official Huawei forum and people threatened to return the device if Huawei does nothing to satisfy them on GMS core availability. According to someone close to the management, it is because the neogotiation between Huawei and Google on the use of GMS did not work out and maybe it is true that Google charges HUAWEI on the use of GMS on domestic devices. It is all possible that Huawei marketed the mate 9 relatively cheaper in rhe Chinese market in order to take more market share, and do not want people from other countries to take advantage of the lower price of the Chinese version as it will harm the premium figure Huawei tries to establish on the mate 9. So to ease the Chinese users that need GMS and prevent internstional users from importing from China, they released this GSM installer in a "secret" way.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

are you able to use google now launcher? we are in very similar situation but my 4+64 cannot switch to google now launcher..

Just tried it and it seems to be working for me. Did you set the Google now launcher as the default launcher?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161204-203845.jpg
    Screenshot_20161204-203845.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 419

cezeff

Sep 21, 2009
Okinawa, Japan
thats awesome guys...thanks for the feedback..ordered mine a few days ago..got it in..mocha brown is so beautiful...turned it on, only to be greeted by a Google Sign-In.....turns out the seller i turned down before that originally had chinese version, got in the international aisa version and sent that to me when i told them it again...now just sitting around for the update to hit....meh...still a beautiful phone, looks to be a good replacement to my note 7!

SWBgHz

Jul 7, 2010
I got mine, had B109 with working Google services and I uninstalled all the Google stuff, did OTA to B125. Then it offered B135 OTA so did that. After reboot I stalled GMS and Play store and all good. Had to install Google contacts from APK mirror, and had to go to permission manager and allow Google app as trusted and auto start to get OK Google functionality working g but all good now.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using XDA Labs

Last edited:

piang829

Dec 10, 2016
so if i were to buy the mha-l00 chinese version of mate 9 and do this GSM update thing, then will i get the google play store and all its google goodness services working (all while keeping my phone updated with the latest official huawei updates)? will this GSM upgrade patch also allow other apps such as youtube, facebook, or other so called "banned apps in china" to work properly? or is this update patch limited to just using google play store and its services? basically changing a chinese version of the mate9 to a international version? is this correct? i am asking becuase I live in china and use the youtube app, as well as other foreign apps and games regularly on my other US bought phone (i dont like using the website versions of youtube, or facebook, etc) and i wish to do the same with the mate 9.

Its important for me to know and be sure because i already bought the mha-l00 version once the day it came out here in china but sold it at a loss a week later because i couldnt get the google stuff working, as well as the youtube app (all while on my vpn...) and i dont want to get screwed again...

im also visiting HK in a week and ill be on the lookout for the mha-l29/09 version there and hopefully ill find it and it wont be too much more expensive there then in mainland china. OR if i can be 110% sure that this GSM patch will support any and all foreign apps on the mha-l00 (in mainland china, while on my vpn), then maybe i wont need to wait to get to HK and look for it there, and maybe also save myself a few bucks, again... Thanks duraaraa for all your awesomeness and hard work!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So does that mean we can purchase the 6gb ram version and be fine installing Google on the phone?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using XDA Labs

enjoy!!

I tested, It works !!
    Can you please post a link to this? Thank you.

Looks he deleted his post.
    But you can see backup here http://imgur.com/a/5DN61, maybe I need delete this image later.

The app link is here http://a.vmall.com/app/C10736615
    It is an official app

APK name:com.huawei.gmsinstaller.1611301922
    APK signature: EMAILADDRESS=mobile@huawei.com, CN=AndroidTeam, OU=TerminalCompany, O=Huawei, L=Shengzhen, ST=Guangdong, C=CN

yes. IT seems like an official app, but released by third party.
    when you click install button., IT require reboot,reboot to recovery!as far as we know, only huawei knows how to install software through recovery.

I test most Google apps,like play.play games, gmail. and etc . all work well.