• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

GMS install on Emui11 (translated)

Search This thread

psy147

Feb 4, 2010
Hi all,

I have a P40 Pro Plus ELS-N39 c636 @ Emui 11.0.0.168. I've been searching for all successful methods to get GMS installed and especially any recent methods that don't require a downgrade of Emui to 10.X levels as I think, and I maybe be wrong in thinking this, would stand less chance of bricking the phone by not having to go through the downgrade firmware method.

This led me to find this website and guide in Chinese. Credit to Mobileai.net and I think a 'Leo' who explains the steps in Mandarin. It seems to be a method of using Googlifier (maybe modded) on Emui11.

https://mobileai.net/2020/11/13/huawei-emui-11-install-google-play-store-googlefier-gms/

You can use a decent browser to translate the text to English.

I have not tried this guide yet and would like to seek any concerns any one may have of the procedure. In my head all the activity is in software and any problems can be reverted by factory reseting to the base firmware of the phone. The guide does say there's a good chance it may not work for international versions but since my phone is HK origin I might be successful....

What do you all think? Worth a try?

Thanks in advance.

Lyle-Wang

Oct 3, 2018
Hi all,

I have a P40 Pro Plus ELS-N39 c636 @ Emui 11.0.0.168. I've been searching for all successful methods to get GMS installed and especially any recent methods that don't require a downgrade of Emui to 10.X levels as I think, and I maybe be wrong in thinking this, would stand less chance of bricking the phone by not having to go through the downgrade firmware method.

This led me to find this website and guide in Chinese. Credit to Mobileai.net and I think a 'Leo' who explains the steps in Mandarin. It seems to be a method of using Googlifier (maybe modded) on Emui11.

https://mobileai.net/2020/11/13/huawei-emui-11-install-google-play-store-googlefier-gms/

You can use a decent browser to translate the text to English.

I have not tried this guide yet and would like to seek any concerns any one may have of the procedure. In my head all the activity is in software and any problems can be reverted by factory reseting to the base firmware of the phone. The guide does say there's a good chance it may not work for international versions but since my phone is HK origin I might be successful....

What do you all think? Worth a try?

Thanks in advance.
The one Leo uses is actually the same one as what bender007 posted in here (yes I did binary comparison they're identical).
The key is that LZPlay app got installed on your phone has to be able to work with your firmware, which you will know by clicking on the LZPlay app once it's installed by the Googlefier. Tried it on my P40 pro (APAC/Australia version), didn't work even after I downgraded to 10.1.0.182, I couldn't get the firmware version even lower so it's basically a deadend for me, yours might be different LZPlay might work with your HK version firmware tho.

martin230

Jul 9, 2021
i have tried with software 11.0.0.158 but doesnt work. the blue g when click there are chinese words on it. tried 4 days straight looking for answer even downgrade doesnt help

psy147

Feb 4, 2010
Hey all.

So sufficient time has past to make me feel like trying the downgrade route to try Googlifier with the above method.

I've followed the prep work on my laptop for my build using this ICTfix video for the latest 1 downgrade route.

I'm presently on EMUI 11.0.0.193 (C636E2R1P3).

Using https://firmfinder.ml I'd like to confirm thee filtered results are correct for my phone:
Downgrade version set:
ELS-LGRP6-OVS (hw-spcseas) 10.10.132
ELS-N39-CUST (hw-spcseas) 10.1.0.3 (C636)
ELS-N39-PRELOAD (hw-spcseas) 10.1.0.1(C636R1)

Does this combo for Hsuite proxy seem right to allow Googlifier to work and do I need to go to the lowest available firmware for C636? 10.1.0.142 is the next available. then 10.1.0145.

Thanks for any input you guys may share.

;)

psy147

Feb 4, 2010
The password is the full website address. Case sensitive.
Thought I give you all an update since I got no reply. So I prepped everything to do the googlifier install and tried it first with no downgrade. The process got stuck at opening the purple / blue big G icon. Basically this meant I needed to roll back the firmware. I did so using HSuite proxy and the firmfinder link and used the 3 versions I mentioned before specific for ELS-N39, c636 r1. I just hoped it didn't brick my phone! Anyway, roll back took a while to finish but was successful. Installing gms wasn't so straight forward. In the translated steps I got stuck at around the step 30s where Google store and contact syncs should behave a certain way between resetting the phone. I think the written steps missed out a few lines where you not only need to force close Google services framework and delete data, you have to do this with a few other Google services too before resetting the phone. Finally got Google play to work with no warnings. One issue is that I've lost Google Contact Sync. Probably because I had to repeat some steps...

Top Liked Posts