[GMS][P40/Pro/Lite] How to install Google Play Store and Google Mobile Services

Search This thread

londere

Nov 27, 2006
Hello, the method is not working on JNY-LX2, 10.1.0.228 (C605E1R3P1), Custom Version: ATT.MX 10.1.0.3(CT) any suggestions in how to downgrade?

matraca1

Jan 10, 2016
Hi guys,

my mom just bought a P40 Lite e (ART-L29) and was then wondering why Play Store wasn't available.
I tried to fix it with this guide but unfortunately as soon as I start the GMS app it pops up a chinese message, which according to Google Translate means "Device not supported".
Is there any chance to work around the issue and get the Play Store on the phone?

Thank you!

5TARKAN

Jan 22, 2009
Hi guys,

my mom just bought a P40 Lite e (ART-L29) and was then wondering why Play Store wasn't available.
I tried to fix it with this guide but unfortunately as soon as I start the GMS app it pops up a chinese message, which according to Google Translate means "Device not supported".
Is there any chance to work around the issue and get the Play Store on the phone?

Thank you!

which firmware is running on your p40 lite e? if its on EMUI 10.1.1.XXX, you are out of luck

5TARKAN

Jan 22, 2009
i try installing GMS on my P40 (ANA-NX9, 10.1.0.121)
seems i have no chance to get rid of the google play services errors...
i tried way more than 100 times to uninstall/install google services framework (with clear cache / clear data) and unistall/install google play services (different versions from the different tutorials around), but no success...
everytime i manage to get back a google service framework ID (which is sometimes hard enough), the errors are popping back up immediately...
anybody had success with a P40 lately? i would appreciate some feedback to understand if i should keep trying or simply give up and just block notifications from google play services?

5TARKAN

Jan 22, 2009
I managed to get it running, notification errors finally disappeared, i tried a combination of different google play services apk around and got it running after about 1000 tries, thanks god :)
now i just would like to have abackup available of older firmware, but could not find any "ana-lgrp4" firmware. somebody can help me out?

Vincentz1911

Feb 12, 2020
I managed to get it running, notification errors finally disappeared, i tried a combination of different google play services apk around and got it running after about 1000 tries, thanks god :)
now i just would like to have abackup available of older firmware, but could not find any "ana-lgrp4" firmware. somebody can help me out?

How? Which method? Which model?

Nereus77

Jun 27, 2012
Howick, KZN
I tried adding Google Play Services to my phone this weekend.

I've found that the backup loophole method (to get the G app) seems to not work anymore. That version of the Backup app doesn't allow you to restore a backup from internal storage anymore.

I think I need to wait for a better method :crying:

P40 Lite

obendek

Oct 16, 2012
Have yoy do u recently install ggogle apps without the error, i have tried and nothing por the moment p40 lite

Winamp_zg

May 19, 2011
Zagreb
Have yoy do u recently install ggogle apps without the error, i have tried and nothing por the moment p40 lite

This video shows how to downgrade firmware and install google play, but you won't have notifications. Currently there is no method with google play and notifications both working at same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1M4amoGvtA&ab_channel=SystemHacks

On his chanell you have next video how to install play store and everything after downgrading.

Last edited:

Ruzzelzzz

Dec 5, 2020
Network error on chinese app

Hello,
it seems that this method no longer works.
I get this error while opening chinese app through which the Google Services should be downloaded:
It says the app don't have internet connection. I've tried on wifi and mobile data, no success.
P40 lite

Any ideas?

hOtkT7m.jpg

could you solve it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recently purchased a Huawei P40 in a super offer. Most likely without this "offer you can't refuse" I would never have bought a phone without pre-installed Google services.
    After days of research and guides that never worked I found this video guide created by Stefano Nikolov in his YouTube channel which, on the contrary, works perfectly.

This guide works with all the recent Huawei phones (P40, P40 Lite, P40 Pro, etc.) and you can add your Google Account (one or more but ONLY at the beginning of the configuration), use Google Play Store and Google Mobile Services (in Italy it works also for the Covid-19 application).

It's very simple, it's just 10 steps and it works. I have tried it twice consecutively on my Huawei P40 and it has always brought the desired result, without those annoying Play Protect notifications that appear after following other procedures. With the addition of Customized Pixel Launcher or Lawchair you can transform your Huawei without GMS into a Pixel like phone.

What is not working:
    - The device is still uncertified (I tried to manually add the Framework ID but it doesn't work)
    - Google Assistant cannot be activated by voice ("Ehy Google" cannot be enabled)
    - Google Duo SMS activation doesn't work (you cannot use Google Duo)
    - Google Contacts app cannot create new contact on Google account (official Huawei Contacts app will work for this, so don't use Google Contacts app)

Here is the video guide:

Credits:
    Original YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIB6_gPIyao
    Stefano Nikolov YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDSHHwtg3HLWCGifGFL2BLw
    N
    noppy22
    @noppy22 I'm sorry to disturb you, is it possible to cross-post on the P40 Pro and P40 Lite forums or do I have to create two more threads? Thanks.
    There isn't any way to cross-post as AFAIK. You would have to copy-paste in each discussion forum.
    The tutorial will be updated because i think Google blocked the login
    lots of new videos on the youtube say there's a fix, e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAxj0FYgwoY

I might give it a go soon.
    Network error on chinese app

Hello,
    it seems that this method no longer works.
    I get this error while opening chinese app through which the Google Services should be downloaded:
    It says the app don't have internet connection. I've tried on wifi and mobile data, no success.
    P40 lite

Any ideas?

hOtkT7m.jpg