• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GMS][P40/Pro/Lite] How to install Google Play Store and Google Mobile Services

Search This thread

awojtas

Apr 20, 2005
Wellington
i try installing GMS on my P40 (ANA-NX9, 10.1.0.121)
seems i have no chance to get rid of the google play services errors...
i tried way more than 100 times to uninstall/install google services framework (with clear cache / clear data) and unistall/install google play services (different versions from the different tutorials around), but no success...
everytime i manage to get back a google service framework ID (which is sometimes hard enough), the errors are popping back up immediately...
anybody had success with a P40 lately? i would appreciate some feedback to understand if i should keep trying or simply give up and just block notifications from google play services?

I only had success getting rid of the notifications when I downgraded from .158 to .109. I had tried before on .122 and it wasn't old enough. v109 did the trick. This was on a P40 C636. I used a file called Anna-N29CB 10.1.0.109(C636E5R4P1)_Firmware_EMUI10.1.0_05016PDB that I bought from gsmfirms for $2.

Frizzycola

Dec 10, 2020
Hi all, i bought a P40 (ANA-NX9) and tried this guide with the .109 firmware but since there were many notifications related to GMS errors i've decided to unistall everything and upgrade to .184 (the lastest firmware i can install with OTA upgrades). After one day i tried to install GMS with Googlefier guide careless of the incompatibilties and.. everything work perfectly if we don't consider the "ok google" voice match and the contact sync.
For the voice match i've found an article in this forum that speaks about triggering the google voice search app with Tasker, an app made for create personalized tasks. Can this app solve the problem? I haven't tried yet, anyone have tried this already?

Sorry for my bad english

For the developers: I've reported in Googlefier app my experience, if i can be useful let me know. Thanks

Reactions: peety02

Airgio

Nov 29, 2017
Huawei P40
Hi i have a Huawei p40 ana-nx9 with firmware 10.1.0.154. can you please tell all the passages exactly to downgrade and install Google services?

Laraful

Oct 4, 2021
Is it work for EMUI 11.0.0.203? I tried to downgrade to EMUI 10 but I cant, anyone have some ideas for that?

Chalao

Oct 2, 2013
I just found this video to install Google Play on HUAWEI Phones With EMUI 11/12 and HarmonyOS.

It worked like a charm, seems to be a great workaround...enjoy! :)

ivica122

Dec 17, 2012
9180.38km from Tokio
Yes, this is working but it's not good enough. It's not real google experience, it's a virtual desktop app, something like that, you start it (like some game) and then use something from goolge inside. For example youtube app. But that's not so important, as you can always use youtube in web browser, you don't need app for that. I tried to open Keep app and that one is not working and i wanted my notes, so i did it manually, xopy paste from Keep to Huawei notes. Also google contacts, no use opening them when you can't do anything with them. Not good enough for me, as i said. I would rather use huawei apps then this virtual environment.

ivica122

Dec 17, 2012
9180.38km from Tokio
Ok, i made it using this guide (someone posted link on this forum, sorry, i can't remember who and where but thank you!):

I followed the video and downgraded to EMUI 10.1.... and after that followed guide from the same video and installed google services and everything is working! BUT at the end when i started upgrading EMUI there were a few problems but same guy has the fixes and i followed them and now i'm on the latest EMUI 11.0.0.246 and all my google apps are working. The only thing that is not working is play store it self but i don't need it as i'm downloading all the apps (including google apps) from other stores, like APKPure, Huawei store and Aptoide.

Good thig is that after system update you don't loose google, and if something stops working you can aply some fix (from that same channel) and google will work again.

zorzgeo

Nov 15, 2007
What version to downgrade P40 firmware (vanilla phone version), Europe, Serbia region (think it's 432)?

ivica122

Dec 17, 2012
9180.38km from Tokio
Just watch carefully the video in my last post, it's all explained. Follow the instructions, step by step. For Serbia it is 432 but it's very important to pay attention to the number after, for example in my phone it's 432r6, also Serbia, but i can't confirm that it will also be r6 for you, you must check that in your phone and video will take you there.

zorzgeo

Nov 15, 2007
Ok, Ok.
My P40 coming to me at Tusday so do i need first to fully update it and then to follow the tutorial or just follow the tutorial after powering on?

ivica122

Dec 17, 2012
9180.38km from Tokio
No need to update, just follow tutorial. Just one suggestion - when you reach the part when this Bulgarian guy say that he will not talk anymore, just show what to do - i slowed down the speed of the video to x0,25 because it was too fast for me to catch everything he did at x1 speed. You'll see :)

Also, if you find it too complicated and don't need GMS right away and you can wait - soon we will get Harmony OS2 and there is one simpler tutorial for getting it, and on Harmony OS you don't need to downgrade to get GMS. So, your choice, i didn't want to wait.

zorzgeo

Nov 15, 2007
Hmmm. Sounds good about HarmoniOS2, but what benefits will we get with this upgrade, but that it is related to a fully functional GMS?
I need my Addiko and Sber m-banking for Serbia apps and to restore Viber backup hard about 2-3GB from GDrive. . .

ivica122

Dec 17, 2012
9180.38km from Tokio
I guess everything should work, as you will have google play services and store that works. Viber restore is also working, i had some 200mb in backup and that is restored when i installed version that supports google drive backup.

Reactions: zorzgeo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I guess everything should work, as you will have google play services and store that works. Viber restore is also working, i had some 200mb in backup and that is restored when i installed version that supports google drive backup.
    I recently purchased a Huawei P40 in a super offer. Most likely without this "offer you can't refuse" I would never have bought a phone without pre-installed Google services.
    After days of research and guides that never worked I found this video guide created by Stefano Nikolov in his YouTube channel which, on the contrary, works perfectly.

This guide works with all the recent Huawei phones (P40, P40 Lite, P40 Pro, etc.) and you can add your Google Account (one or more but ONLY at the beginning of the configuration), use Google Play Store and Google Mobile Services (in Italy it works also for the Covid-19 application).

It's very simple, it's just 10 steps and it works. I have tried it twice consecutively on my Huawei P40 and it has always brought the desired result, without those annoying Play Protect notifications that appear after following other procedures. With the addition of Customized Pixel Launcher or Lawchair you can transform your Huawei without GMS into a Pixel like phone.

What is not working:
    - The device is still uncertified (I tried to manually add the Framework ID but it doesn't work)
    - Google Assistant cannot be activated by voice ("Ehy Google" cannot be enabled)
    - Google Duo SMS activation doesn't work (you cannot use Google Duo)
    - Google Contacts app cannot create new contact on Google account (official Huawei Contacts app will work for this, so don't use Google Contacts app)

Here is the video guide:

Credits:
    Original YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIB6_gPIyao
    Stefano Nikolov YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDSHHwtg3HLWCGifGFL2BLw
    N
    noppy22
    @noppy22 I'm sorry to disturb you, is it possible to cross-post on the P40 Pro and P40 Lite forums or do I have to create two more threads? Thanks.
    There isn't any way to cross-post as AFAIK. You would have to copy-paste in each discussion forum.
    The tutorial will be updated because i think Google blocked the login
    lots of new videos on the youtube say there's a fix, e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAxj0FYgwoY

I might give it a go soon.
    Network error on chinese app

Hello,
    it seems that this method no longer works.
    I get this error while opening chinese app through which the Google Services should be downloaded:
    It says the app don't have internet connection. I've tried on wifi and mobile data, no success.
    P40 lite

Any ideas?

hOtkT7m.jpg